Fruit of my labor 3 Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Misc Teks & Questions Vision's Laundry Basket Tek Fruit of my labor 3 Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 23, 2004mycolord (Mycolord)mycolord (Mycolord)25 1 10-23-04  12:45 pm
Archive through November 16, 2004NEKO (Nekopan)mycolord (Mycolord)25 1 11-16-04  03:51 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Filamentous Fungi (Osoloco69)
Username: Osoloco69

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 07:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mycolord I have noticed a lot of your pix and I was wondering if your lab was in/near chernobyl or 3 mile island? Dem is funky lookin! Do they glow in the dark?

SillySideBen (Sillysideben)
Username: Sillysideben

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 08:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's wrong man, just wrong.

Freakachino (Freakachino)
Username: Freakachino

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 08:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right On Mycolord!!! Freaky great Flushes!!! I am loving the straw also. Works wonders. I dunked mine too yesterday and it is pinning again already. Can't wait to see how yours does if ya dunk it! Nice job!
I don't know Kung Fu, But I know Freaky!

mycolord (Mycolord)
Username: Mycolord

Post Number: 995
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 09:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahahhaah
lol
nah no where near there
and yup they have been dunked and are recouping..but like i said...these logs are mighty slow...my TC just seems to be that way
ill keep ya posted with pics

thats amazing

MeNo (Meno)
Username: Meno

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 09:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Myco, good grow you got there. Where did you get your TC Spores for those guys or are they from a clone?

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 998
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah to be honest i dont remember who sent me a print. i started the G2G jars a while ago. it was one of the nice members here.
but nope...no clone

thats amazing

Tumbz (Tumbz)
Username: Tumbz

Post Number: 322
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 09:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dayam Mycolord!

Nice Shrooms.

Note: Tumbz is a fictional character from my imagination.

Rio (Rio)
Username: Rio

Post Number: 826
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 10:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please contribute your story, poem, black & white artwork....to the book I am writing about this community. See more information in General Discussions. Everyone will remain anonymous I will use your user name or an alias you pick out.

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

48.5 g dry for my nugget

so basically i got three dry ounces out of those guys, im a happy guy.

they are still slowly recouping....ill post some pics soon

thats amazing

Tweex (Tweexican)
Username: Tweexican

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 10:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why didn't you roll that log in verm?

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 593
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 12:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I hear colors and see sounds"

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 01:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tweex, are you speaking about after the dunk? dunno really, i just put it back in the tub and keep it nice and humid in there with some plastic draped over it.

to be honest i never even read about rolling it in verm, if i had i may have done it. but it never even occured to me to try it.

thats amazing

Tweex (Tweexican)
Username: Tweexican

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 02:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, it just kinda occured to me as well. I was looking at the beautiful pics on your log and I thought that maybe you'd get some huge fruits if you rolled that thing in verm. Wow... could you imagine?

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 03:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

has anyone ever even done that?

i think my next strawlog attempt im going to try that after the dunk.
its worth a shot, and i dont see how it could hurt
thats amazing

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 04:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

***update***

my logs were taking forever
so i said
fark it
i want to try the LB tek anyway
so i broke them up
did a rez effect thing with them
by adding wet verm to the whole mix of broken logs
packed them down nice and tight
added my verm/peatmoss/crushed oyster shell/lime casing

and about a week later
here i have a pin
there are like two other pins that i saw creeping out the sides
hopefullly there are more under that casing
and more will come out of the sides

if not no biggie
the way i see it is
if i had thrown those logs away i would have NONE
so these are all extras

Upload
Upload

id like to add that i really manhandled these logs while dunking. i squished them into a pc with bleachwater and ice
i then crushed the lid down onto the top of the bigger log.

i then had them sitting in the chamber and nothing was happening

so i broke them up by hand. now the nugget felt a lil dry..but the big log felt more squishy, kinda like a very very very damp sponge.

i crushed them both up..mixed them around ...added some wet verm...mixed it with it..

this TC is very slow in general for me
so i dont know when the next update will be
but when i have it ill def post it
myco outttt

(Message edited by mycolord on November 29, 2004)
thats amazing

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 29250
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 03:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'extras' are always nice.
tc is known to be a bit slow
and not just for you.

Namaste

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 02:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

**update**

i counted a few pins
i stopped at 100
lol good enough

heres a few clustersUpload
Upload
Upload

and remember that first pin a few days ago?
what a sexy lil girl she turned out to be
a nice pear shaped ass
and look at that skirt lifting up
Upload

this is proof that you can bleachdip/dunk strawlogs and not only reuse them
but bust the to bloody hell and crush them down into a dollar store basket
and if given enough care, they will not only recoup (even though it took a fraggin month)
but they will give you some lovely extras

thats amazing

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)

Post Number: 673
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 08:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol...good work

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 29626
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 01:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

this is proof that you can bleachdip/dunk strawlogs and not only reuse them
but bust the to bloody hell and crush them down into a dollar store basket
and if given enough care, they will not only recoup (even though it took a fraggin month)
but they will give you some lovely extras

archive material

Namaste

mycolord (Mycolord)

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

arkived* awesome
wouldnt be right
without a flush picture or two:

Upload
Upload
Upload

ideally i would have liked to have waited at least till tonight to have harvested them, allowing the groupings on the left side to mature a little more.

but being as though they were ALMOST there, and because of other things that i have to take care of in the next few days, i knew that now was really the only ideal time that i had.

so i plucked them all out, making sure to dig out any of the stems that may have been left behind under the casing material. (i used a fairly thick casing layer, it is about 1 1/2- 2 inches in depth.) i also harvest any of the smaller pins or lil guys that just dont appear to be growing. i personally like to do this so they dont abort or rot under my casing without me knowing.

Upload
i then nuke some already prepared casing material for five minutes, patch any and all holes in the casing and low divits. and then i mist the hell out of the casing layer. i drench the layer to the point of small puddles about the size of a quarter forming. i then use an alky wiped fork and fluff the casing layer back up. this does a few things. ONE it helps the moisture get to the myc quicker when im moving the layer around. TWO, i lightly scratch the myc allowing moisture into the creveases, and THREE, it stops my layer from being matted. allowing a nice airy fluffy layer for the myc to push through.

oh...remember the first pin i showed you. the lil scout before the calvary?

hes all grown up now:

Upload
Upload

now the bigguy above is SOLID, i split him down the middle twice to help drying.

the bigger section of the LBasket that you see has already opened caps were 3/4 solid, with the stems slightly hollowing as you gradually got farther away from the base of the mushroom. (pretty common ime)
the patches of unopened capped guys that i didnt have a chance to wait for are fairly hollow. not extreme, but far from solid.

they LB was bought at a dollar store and originally had handles that i just took off....the spawn layer isnt really that thick at all. maybe a few inches TOPS.

so the harvesting, patching, and misting are done
and the LB is back in the chamber.

if i had tossed these two nuggets i would have never had recieved all these nice extras.
must be a gift for the holidays
:P
myco
thats amazing

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 29709
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

those are a LOT of 'extras'
from a spent log.

Namaste

ShedTheMonkey (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 698
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 04:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Myco, you are definately earning that fungus badge! My hat off to you M'Lord!

Upload
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

Tumbz (Tumbz)
Username: Tumbz

Post Number: 333
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 05:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mycolord man.

Mad Props.

Nice laundry basket. LOL

P.S. I have the same spray bottle as you!

LOL works very good.
Note: Tumbz is a fictional character from my imagination.

Dooby Dooby Doo (Doobydoobydoo)
Username: Doobydoobydoo

Post Number: 693
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 06:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY HEY HEY!

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)

Post Number: 689
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 07:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another good use for straw logs....
thanks for the tip..i have a log that
is almost done with it's secnd flush..
so i will have to try this out...

CurryShroomer (Curryshroomer)
Username: Curryshroomer

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 01:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What?!!! That even looks better then any casing
I have ever had! You.... eh.. WIZARD! That's
really impressing :-). Well done

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: