Tampanensis Grow Log Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Tampanensis Grow Log Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 02, 2004Prankster239 (PranksHippie3 (Admin)25 1 11-02-04  12:59 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 27485
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Namaste

seven (Mycosev)
Username: Mycosev

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice , no spores isnt all that uncommon in tamps . also how where the P.stones ?if any?
SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 27495
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

no spores isnt all that uncommon in tamps

why do you think that is true ?
is the genome becoming degraded ?

Namaste

Prankster239 (Prankster239)
Advanced Member
Username: Prankster239

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont harvest all shrooms. It can be that in some other are spores.

I have to wait till the caps are really flat to get spore prints.

I will post it when i get prints.

seven (Mycosev)

Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

imo and ime , yeah i whould say that there might be some genome problems , ive only read of two differnt cultures being found one actully yeailding a pure strain .that famous find by pollock & guzman .then in mrc stamets and chilton showed methods of cultivation in there book circa 83 . so lets just start there 20 some odd years ago when they became truly popular among avid collocters now thats 20 years of being man handled SO TO SPEAK without a decent find of ps,tamps again in the wild except in mississippi ( at least not in any printed papers or books ive seen) .now add envoirmental factors throwing in random mutations lets say every five years and take into fact that they where well on there way to massive explosion of cultivation well before 83 and lack of vital strains to fall back on imo i think that yes there starting to become a bit degraded . now if you look in the cousin species ps.mexcana where its common place to find a abundance every year in parts of mex&S.A . there isnt a hole lot of problems with growing them ie. sporeless mushies or vegitive growth (non-fruiting substrains)from MS cultures . now ive got into hour long debates with my former teacher about this very subject and he abstains from saying that its being degraded isntead he blames vendors of the spores or there suppliers saying that they where over cloned due to shady spore supplyers and thats whats causeing todays current problems with tamps . imo sorry about the spelling errors i fegured facts where better then spelling ..
later
seven
and hippie how come i feel like you already know the anwser to this>?
SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 27506
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's my job here
to ask questions, interview people like a reporter does, to draw folks out on a subject
even if i already know the answer that's still beneficial so that the others who read later will know too.
thx

Namaste

seven (Mycosev)

Post Number: 481
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

odd ball (fact, theory) i heard about. hippie you whould probly know . but about a month are two before that day when pollock stumbled across this mushy . there was pretty big hurican that swept thru florida . that is possabably what brought this mushy into that dune to be found there in tampa . has any one else heard about this story ,and i stress the story part ?
SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

seven (Mycosev)

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 01:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

found this intresting looked in the weather alamenac and there was a hurican two months before that find . ( wonder if they didnt migrate from some place in nowhere ?)
mush-mush had this to say ---->>>
All strains of tampanensis that are in circulation today originate from a single specimen that was collected by mycologist Stephen Pollock in Tampa, Florida in 1977. It has never again been seen in Florida but a second sighting was reported from Florida. Unfortunately no culturable material was obtained.

Many years of successive cloning have degenerated all commerically available strains to a point where most of them fruit very poorly or not at all. As you can see from the images(sorry no pics) our strain has somehow survived better than most and can in fact produce large heavily sporulating mushrooms!

SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

seven (Mycosev)

Post Number: 487
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also that second sighting was in mississippi not florida.
SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 11:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, i get the first lite print.

@seven cool info about the hurican. This is the first time i hear this. Did you look in your pm`s?

(Message edited by prankster239 on November 03, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 27542
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 02:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well if a hurrican brought it to tampa
that means there must be a source somewhere
even if it's called by another name or perhaps
remains to be discovered in some cuban or honduran jungle.
people just need to get out there
put boots on the ground
and find it anew.

Namaste

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Username: Barrowland

Post Number: 526
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 06:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice shrooms
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold.

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 03:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Second flush is onley 1 shroom but thats better then nothing.

Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 28032
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how did you re-hydrate the casing between flushing ?
mist or dunk or ?

Namaste

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 08:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I let it dry a litte bit out and then mist it again heavy. At the next flush i dunk it.

Elfstone (Elfstone)
Username: Elfstone

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 12:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tampanensis from Sporeworks easily fruits on cased rye grass seed and and produce nice caps which drop a heavy sporeload. The best way to get the caps to drop their full load of spores is to wait until they open up and look like a little sombrero, then place them inside a petri dish on a small piece of clean copy paper, and then place a small drop of distilled water onto the top of the cap using a small gauge needle (I use 27 gauge), so that the edge of the sombrero holds the water droplet in place. Assuring that the caps remain hydrated in this way results in a nice dark print.

Elfstone

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 717
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 02:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good to know elf....thanks..:-)
"I hear colors and see sounds"

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 05:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice job!
It's just a hobby that i picked up in the lobby.........

TexasBoB (Texas_bob)
Username: Texas_bob

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 06:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto
I've been to mushroom mountain

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: