Identifying bacterial contamination Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. Identifying bacterial contamination Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

nuecrew (Nue)
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 08:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I don't PC a jar enough and some bacteria gets left behind. It is these contaminated cakes that are the spawning grounds for green mold later on. Take a jar and hit it on your hand and try to get the rice to shift in the jar. If it's contaminated the rice will shift away from the glass, if not it will stay firm and not move. The jar on the right is contaminated and smells like apples/ sour rice.Good and bad

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yup, it's got that look.
nice comparison shot.

archive material

nuecrew (Nue)
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 12:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm using my old Mavica90. It has 640x480 but still the pics look like they are taking up a huge amount of space. What should I do to make the pics appear inside the box and not have to use the "shuffle" arrows on the sides.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 12:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm, if i'm following you,
i think the trick is to leave out any spaces or line-breaks before the pic.

nuecrew (Nue)
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 10:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some pics online here look to be about 2x2 inches wide whereas mine takes up the whole page. I want to shrink the pics on the page.

Searcher (Novice)
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had the same problem, and used Paint Shop Pro to change the size of my images until they posted the way I wanted them on the TESTING/TRASH site.