Show me your world Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. » Show me your world « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

NixxoN (N1x_X0n)
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Show me your world

Just thought I’d share what my “mycology lab” looks like and ask everyone who has pictures, any pictures. of there “lab”, wheather it be big or small, to share with me by posting them here

Welcome To my World

The Work Table

Shelf of Goodies

Dual Incubation Chambers (foam coolers)

Fan Drying Setup (the bottom piece has holes in to allow air to get by)

Desiccant Chamber (It needs work, I know)

Rye Grain Incubation Chamber (Heated by fish tank heater)

Pf Jar Incubator (heated same as previous)

WIP for a Dung Colonization Box

Cased Sliced Cake Tray that SHOULD start pinning soon!

Better shot of Cased Sliced Cake Tray. PIN DAMN YOU!

Positive Pressure Glove Box (AKA: Miracle Box)

Top view of Miracle Box (it is dirty because I just ued it)

Another shot of Miracle Box

Sterilized 50/50+ mix for Quick Patching

Leftover Mycelium “Experiments”

It’s a pin on the second experiment, not bad for just putting mycelium in a plastic bowl , adding some casing to the top and ignoring for a few weeks.

Misting Bottle

THE MYSTERY BOX?!?! (Seriously... I can't remember whats in this box)

Pasteurized bag of dung, with Photoshop enhancement so you can actually see the dung instead of just blackness... spawned this tonight

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 12:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I must be one dirty fucker...your setup is all clean and organized...i swear i got verm ... rice..worm poo all over my house..just dirty... wellp its time to get a girlfriend to help with my dirtieness ""both ways"" but kick ass pics....made me wish i wasn't so lazy

willwonk (Willwonk)
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's mine
terr

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 02:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
my place is all in a mess, kinda on hold right now with the holidaze coming. unlike alot of folks here, i'm forced to hide my efforts, as we have too many friends and family in and out to have a nice big lab like that, although i have in the past. but since i got married i've gotten back into stealth and secrecy, hit and run.
that's one reason i'm playing around with agar and strain isolation right now, it doesn't take much room to hide and when i do get ready to grow a batch next time i hope to make every one count.

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like to play the DC CAB theme song when doing my work

NixxoN (N1x_X0n)
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 04:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm lucky enough to have a small room dedicated to my mycological experimentation. I still gotta take the legs off of one side of that table and drill em onto just one peice of it, it's hard to get around in that tiney closet space of a room with the table in there.
Oh and an update on the tupperware casing, it now has about 10 pins formed. I did this casing about a half a week before I did the cake casing thats in the bin with the broken up remains of a cake I used to innoculate some rye grain jars so I'll give it till the weekend to pin before I start cold shocking the crap out the cake casing in the bin.
Oh and just a random note.. the FIRST casing I did in the beggining of september and dunked a couple of weeks ago is starting to pin once again for it's 7th flush, after it was sprayed down with an h202/water mix to get rid of the cobweb mold that had formed on the top of it. Mycelium is quite amazing.

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 01:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Way to use your space Willwonk, im reminded of mine.

greg or why? (Blenny)
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is my little "magic box".

hovering above my tank
above

from the front, my tank, with lid, cool mist humidifier, and PVC pipes. it was in my sister's room because she went to college, nobody ever went in there so the air was pretty still, i thought that would be a good area.
front

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn that big ole' thing for that little tank!
you can prolley run that to about 10-15 more of those tanks. How long are the time intervals it runs? Its a pretty neat setup, I like the concept.

greg or why? (Blenny)
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 08:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well at first i had it on: an hour on/2 hours off. but the fruiting wasn't what i wanted, so i ran it constantly, then everything popped up in a few days. i have a good lenght of tubing. you can see the tube coming out of the humidifier, make a left, then go straight down, but you can't see the tube (once it gets inside)go right and extend all of the way across the tank. i drilled holes about 4 inches apart on this stretch of tube. i really didnt expect it to make a difference but i felt like going the extra bit. i also had a hole drilled on the bottom of the tube at the very end with a hanging cup to catch the water if the condesation in the tube built up. it never did. i dont know if i just got a bad humidifier, but it worked well when it was on 24 hours a day. i know that was a bit of description, if i didnt make myself clear and you actually want to know what i did just tell me.i would be happy to tell more.

wildflowergir1 (Wildflowergir1)
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice, I like this post. I wanted to respond to it a long time ago, but now I think I know how to post pics. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only slob. I feel weird posting what I have, compared to some stuff I've seen here, I suck. But seeing as how this has only been my new hobbie for just over 3 mos., and I'm a chick who sews, not a carpenter, I am proud of my little operation.setup

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here are the supplieshuubajew

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is where I drydrying chamber

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Results!!!ks

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

morezdv

MagicGarden (Magicgarden)
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I havent seen too much action from Girls growin at all. Thats cool shit. Youve got a pretty decent set up.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 07:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have You Ever Been(To Electric Ladyland) Words and Music by Jimi Hendrix Have you ever been (have you ever been) to Electric Ladyland? The magic carpet waits, for you. So don't you be late Oh, (I wanna show you), the different emotions (I wanna run to) the sounds and motions Electric woman waits for you and me So it's time we take a ride, we can cast all of your hang-ups over the seaside. While we fly right over the love filled sea Look up ahead, I see the loveland, soon you'll understand. Make love, make love, make love, make love. (I wanna show you) The angels will spread their wings, spread their wings (I wanna show you) Good and evil lay side by side while electric love penetrates the sky (I wanna show you) Lord, Lord I wanna show you (I wanna show you) Hmm, hmmm, hmmm (I wanna show you) Show you (I wanna show you)

AfterMidnight (Aftermidnight)
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my rig

no_one_special (Legalize)
Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 09:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey wildflowergirl1, you shouldn't be so modest about your setup. it outdoes the one i've seen by about 10x, in terms of general awesomeness (lack of jimi hendrix vinyl, equipment, etc). if you could only see the ghetto fan setup. good work.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: