ultrasonics for spore/tissue suspensi... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Spores, Prints & Syringes ultrasonics for spore/tissue suspension Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Pf's formulaHippie3 Admin 14 1 10-20-06  01:16 am
Hip3's Sonicated Tek --monkey update and more pixSomeCallMe... Hippie3 15 1 01-05-05  12:54 pm
Hippie3's Ultrasonic Spore/Tissue Dispersal TekHippie3 Hippie3 18 3 12-29-04  01:47 pm
Archive through December 05, 2004Tempest2003 (TempestShedTheMonkey (Shedt25 1 12-05-04  07:35 am
Archive through December 06, 2004Cillyman (Cillyman)Underground_Shaman (25 1 12-06-04  03:07 pm
Archive through December 08, 2004blackcat (Darkiss)ShedTheMonkey (Shedt25 1 12-08-04  05:40 pm
Archive through December 11, 2004Hippie3 (Admin)blackcat (Darkiss)25 1 12-11-04  07:56 pm
Archive through December 29, 2004SomeCallMe... (Shedtpetri dish (Petri)25 1 12-29-04  06:04 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Golly (Golly)
Username: Golly

Post Number: 360
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 07:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well i jus shook the crap out of some Tasmanians - a real clumpy syringe ...I wrapped the needle guard gap with tape and submerged in the U.S. for 8 mins ...I could actually see the clumps dissolving away ,,,about 98% became invisibly dispersed.
I also tried using the machine on a karo jar but no apparent changes occured .Upload
Upload

SomeCallMe... (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 793
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update on subthread too... :-)

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discuscgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=2&post=292335#POST292335

Upload
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 30583
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 11:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i hear the sonicated spore dispersal is catching on with the pros,
TLG is doing it now too.
others jusmping on board.
the secret is out.
the final 'part' of pf's method,
ultrasonics to break up the clumps,
a dab of Jet Dry to keep them that way.
now that the secret is out
that rat bastard snitch
gerald hanafin aka mike o'logical of pfjars.com
has decided to get out of the spore biz.
lol

Namaste

Golly (Golly)

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 01:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ding dong the snitch is gone....Glad your back Hip....!

MojoRisin (Rocketman)
Username: Rocketman

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 07:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tlg got booted from the shroomery because of the $%^&head tho. i didnt check if that changed today but that was the case yesterday. and no, im not a member there, and never will be. the douche bag is now giving away free jars in an attempt not to lose any more biz. read the sponsor forum over there and see what kind of asshole this guy is.
Out of body experience I flew around, I spin around once, on interveinous demerol it werent supernatural. Supernatural maybe. Vic Chesnutt

TexasBoB (Texas_bob)
Username: Texas_bob

Post Number: 227
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To hell with his soul yahhahaha
I've been to mushroom mountain

MojoRisin (Rocketman)

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh yeah hip, im sure u already know this by now, but damn near the same time pfs biatch dropped out of the spore biz, another no name spore biz opened.

sock puppet? i dunno, but if it walks like a duck...etc
Out of body experience I flew around, I spin around once, on interveinous demerol it werent supernatural. Supernatural maybe. Vic Chesnutt

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 30613
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shroomery banned me today too
like i care
anno's still an ass

Namaste

MojoRisin (Rocketman)

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i just read your post hip, you were honest....and dare i say you wanted the boot from that shithole lol. its a shame how a place like that doesnt have the same rules applying to everyone..i am glad ur better man.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 30618
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 11:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one would almost think
given all the shit that
anno has been thru with
mike o'snitch
losing TLG and breaking relations with 'topia
that anno must have a vested interest
in mike or why would he go to such lengths
to protect a very questionable vendor ?
puzzling to say the least.
or maybe anno just doesn't really care for
boxtop/TLG like he doesn't for me
so mike's just convenient,
an excuse to do dirty deeds dirt cheap.
don't know & don't care,
his problem now.

Namaste

boxtop703 (Boxtop)
Username: Boxtop

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 01:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

or maybe anno just doesn't really care for
boxtop/TLG like he doesn't for me

Ding ding.

He has an interest in another spore company but it's most certainly not Gerald.....and I'll just leave it at that.

I'm ready to move TLG out of the Shroomery era and I'd like to break away as clean and as quick as possible.
WWW.TLGEXPRESS.COM
WWW.THELITTLEGUY.ORG
WWW.THELITTLEGUY.COM

petri dish (Petri)
Username: Petri

Post Number: 293
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone help me out here? I bought a jewelry cleaner that doesn't seem to work. It makes quite a bit of noise, but doesn't appear to take any spores off of foil, paper, or glass. My ultrasonic humidifier is nearly inaudible. If it weren't the hot type I would try to use it instead. So what I want to know is this, do those of you who have had success hear much from your units? TROUTLIPS, could you tell me how you sat the jar on the humidifier? Did you put it on top of the tank, in the tank, or did you remove the tank? Thanks for your help on this.

Golly (Golly)

Post Number: 389
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ultrasonics have different power levels and frequencies of vibration ,,Mine makes kind of a crackling hissing sound ...
I have not tried pulling spores off a print yet but u could scrape em into the jar if they ar'nt coming off,, then they should dispurse with the jar submerged to it's mid point ...took me bout 7 mins to fully treat that syringe pictured above..

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I scraped the spores off into the water after a couple hours. I then returned the jars to the unit and let them go overnight. They didn't unclump. My unit buzzes while in use. I think I got a broken unit.

SomeCallMe... (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 821
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mine makes an audible vibration noise and you can see the standing waves on top of the liquid. Also, if you dip your hand in for one or two seconds (don't leave it in for more than three or you run the risk of exploding caplilary blood vessels in your fingers) you should have a gentle ache under your fingernails. It doesn't hurt but the energy is feel-able.

If there is no standing waves on top of the liquid then it is likely not working.
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

Golly (Golly)

Post Number: 390
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

drop a small piece of soil into the tank it should break apart and the small particals will kinda dance around like they'r insane...

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, I am not seeing waves. I hear the vibrating noise and feel a slight vibration with my fingertips, but deffinitely no slight ache. I think it's a dud. Anybody else?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 30694
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does it even work on jewelry ?

Namaste

boxtop703 (Boxtop)

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A warning for those using the smaller units.

Don't run your unit continuously for more than about 6 minutes at a time because the motor is basically pressed up against the bottom of the holding tank and will definitely overheat to the point of being damaging to the spores/mycelium.

The larger 5L units don't have this problem.
WWW.THELITTLEGUY.COM

TLG CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS

TLG IMAGE GALLERY

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 30698
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a thermometer check of the solution's temp now and then might be handy.

Namaste

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 300
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's why I don't think I can use my warm humidifier. The only way I think I can use it is to take off the tank and set it in the little tray of water, and it is HOT! As to the other unit cleaning jewelry, I don't know. I bought this damn thing to give spores the shakedown, I guess I wasted hard earned money. Lesson learned. I'll buy one new in box next time around, they are packaged to withstand shipping that way.

boxtop703 (Boxtop)

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I learned the hard way by overheating a half pint of dark Taz spore solution in a small unit.

I'm putting off doing any more strains until my large unit arrives from CA in a couple days.

I'm excited to say the least.

Upload

A friend of mine has a similar unit and he says overheating is never an issue, even if left on overnight.
WWW.THELITTLEGUY.COM

TLG CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS

TLG IMAGE GALLERY

Troutlips (Troutlips)
Username: Troutlips

Post Number: 266
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK Petri, since you asked, here's how I did it...
Upload
Just the usual ultrasonic hum, removed the tank and stuff, sat the jar over the disc and slowly rotated by hand...
Upload
Just enough water in there to engage the float.
Don't think you can see it in the pic, but there is a small "dome" created in the water in the jar by the ultrasonic waves generated by the disc. I slowly rotated the jar so that "dome" peeled the print off the bottom of the jar.
Upload
The water gets a little warm after a while,but no more than about 10 degrees above room temp.

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much! Those pics are awesome and way over the top!! I can buy cool mist humidifiers here cheap, but can't find jewelry cleaners in local stores. What make and model do you have?

Troutlips (Troutlips)
Username: Troutlips

Post Number: 268
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 05:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you look in the second pic it says,Bionaire BT 201. I bought it at my local Goodwill/Amity for $5.00!
It's an old model,but they still make a similar model available at Mal-Wart!

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 05:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm off to see the Wally, the wonderful Wally of Mart!

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 08:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok! Wally came through! Got a reli on u.s. humidifier for$25. It's stomping the shit out of the broken down jewelry cleaner. here's a pic of the disk and water sensor. The less water there is the more effective it seems to be. Next time around, I'll put less water in with the print, sonicate it, draw it out, repeat. Upload
Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 30711
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 11:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool
and
of course
if the tank water gets hot
one can always drain it off
add cold water
and continue merrily along...

Namaste

petri dish (Petri)

Post Number: 314
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found a few icecubes to be a nice addition. The water stays fairly cool for quite a while that way. I left mine alone for abt 45 min working over what little remained of a fresh cam print on 1/2 pint jar. When I came back it had scoured all spores stuck on bottom and dispersed all clumps except one that appears to have germinated. Now there is a purple layer of dust on the bottom of the jar.

Golly (Golly)

Post Number: 394
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: