EQ pins from dry tissue Karo Tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Cloning. Cloning Using Dry Tissue EQ pins from dry tissue Karo Tek Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)
Username: 1dumbmyco

Post Number: 697
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 09:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some cracker dry EQ tissue was placed in hippie's microwave karo tek water after a splash in peroxide and some myc grew out from the 2 small chunks in about 2 weeks. These 2 myc blobs about the size of maggots were placed in a pint of popcorn mid November. The jar finished, almost, in about 3 weeks and was spawned to horsepoo/straw around mid December leaving behind some uncolonized corn in the bottom. It colonized slowly but surely then was cased 60/40 verm/coir around the 20th left to incubate 2 days before birth and yesterday the first 2 pins were noted. Here is a pic today of the 2 pins plus a few more emerging overnight. No agar, no petri, no glovebox, no flowhood...just plain luck. I had given all my friend's EQ prints away in chat and he didn't feel like trading or purchasing a new syringe since the myc was on hand.
Sorry I wasn't at my friend's place with a camera through the process but hey it works!
Upload
All posts are for microscopic purposes only.

TexasBoB (Texas_bob)
Username: Texas_bob

Post Number: 203
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 01:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to mushroom mountain

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 792
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 05:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice work....wow...and i thought
that you would have gotton a contam
that way.....your
"friend" is the man...great work again..
can't wait to see updates...hehehe..
can't wait...maybe i'll try that with
a dry PE...thanks for the idea...

"I hear colors and see sounds"

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 699
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 07:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

nice work....wow...and i thought
that you would have gotton a contam
that way.....your
"friend" is the man...great work again..
can't wait to see updates...hehehe..
can't wait...maybe i'll try that with
a dry PE...thanks for the idea...

Thanks PJ and Texas Bob, I will pass it along and it was pure blind luck. The growth on the blobs in karo and and on corn was not very rhyzo but it did colonize. It was such a small amount of spawn and took so long he was injecting 10% dilute karo water into the pint {{not recommended}} as the corn dried, once a week during the struggle. Once spawned to poo/straw it went very rhyzomorphic and was about 90% colonized on the surface when I cased. After two days myc was noted popping through casing layer so it was birthed to tub at 70 degrees and varying between 70-85 RH with 10 % peroxide misting until pins were noted. The spawn was made a little on the wet side too which I think aided while it incubated near 80 in the glad ware with holes in lid and fanning it throughout spawn run 2-3 times a day to reduce contam risk and give lotsa O2.

(Message edited by 1dumbmyco on December 30, 2004)

Andy M (Andyrm66)
Intermediate Member
Username: Andyrm66

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweet, good job!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 30569
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to dry tissue cloning
great work

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 713
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 05:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Progress report: Coming along nicely with a meager pinset. Let's hope it doesn't contam after it finishes and has a nice, relaxing bleach water dunk. It's probably still colonizing the substrate to some degree. My friend is eager to be the multiple flush master he once was just a couple of months ago but apparently he has a bit more of a trich problem than he had during the summer months based on recent projects results. Big clean up and a break from growing are in order. These are nicely shaped zoomers too as opposed to the fatasses that were prevalent on the initial cakes from which the tissue was cloned indicating substrate makes a huge difference in size and shape and/or that conditions surrounding the cake were less than optimal.
1 post away from the magic number.
Upload

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 2898
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 07:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like you'll end up get some needed eq prints, success. :-)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 714
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today's updates. Just got back from my freind's place with a pic. Wow a couple of really nice fruits, the largest EQs to date.
Upload

Veils are tearing so I will have a couple EQ prints again to view under the 'scope.

And it's post.......Upload
Party time!

sparky (Cheffybluegills)
Username: Cheffybluegills

Post Number: 296
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 07:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dogs are so cool

nomoreusmc (Nomoreusmc)
Username: Nomoreusmc

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 08:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pardon my ignorance but whats the deal with the pill?
Peace, Love and Shrooms

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 720
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 02:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

pardon my ignorance but whats the deal with the pill?

Just an old pharmacuetical loved by millions during the 70's and 80's til it was banned worldwide in 1984. They were the shaznit in High School back in the late 70's and early 80's for this old dog. 714's were the rage and the guitarist from Guns and Roses wore a quaalude T-shirt in a video and on tour.
Back on topic, sime mycellium was ripped from a couple of these and added to potato/karo water to see what happens and how long til senescence occurs. The stragglers will be harvested tomorrow and off to the spa for a bleach dunk and refreshing drink of spring water.

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 734
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 01:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd flush in progress for those interested. It survived the bleach dip, soak and bleach dip. My friend is happy at restoring EQ to his collection and may have a few more prints from these:
Upload

grave (Grave)
Advanced Member
Username: Grave

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 03:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very cool man
glad to see you after 714
as usual
impressed with you grows

and this too shall pass

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 813
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 04:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kudos to you guys on your
awsome dry tissue grow..

"I hear colors and see sounds"

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 04:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks PJ and Grave. Forgot to add these to the post. A new jar of 25 percent diluted potato water with teaspoon of karo at my friend's place from some myc grabbed from the above zoomers. These pics of myc are after 7 days in the karo water using hips microwave tek with the addition of diluted potato water. It works folks is all I can say. Not sure it's the best performing substrain of EQ but it outdid all the other grows size wise and potency from multispore. And it all started from the "dead". The myc was grabbed from one of the two biggest from the pics above of first flush.
Upload
Upload

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 748
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 03:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3rd flush starting:
Upload

grasshopper wilkins (Triked)
Username: Triked

Post Number: 948
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 06:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey 1dumb ill trade you a tazmanian syringe for EQ syringe.

"Like I told you, What I said, Steal your face right off your head." -Robert Hunter

Tumbz (Tumbz)
Username: Tumbz

Post Number: 406
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 12:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very Very Nice.

Tumbz
Note: Tumbz is a fictional character from my imagination.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: