elephant poo Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food elephant poo Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

mike hawk (Primorda)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 03:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IM001539_2
IM001541_2
IM001542_2
IM001536_2
IM001543_2
IM001540_2
IM001512_2

Silly Sigh Ben (Fungusamongus)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 09:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

strain?What tek casing is that?!!
Looks good bro!
Congrats!!!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 02:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pix of some nice fatboys too.
in the top pix, it looks like you might be growing inside a dresser drawer or am i mistaken ?
thx for sharing with us.

mike hawk (Primorda)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 04:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you.The 1st,2nd and 3rd Pic is a local strain(from an area in the panhandle(FL)Springhill)grown on Elephant Poo.4th pic is the Springhill before the were picked off.5th is random PFC & PF Stroph off of cakes.6th is one of the PF Stroph off of ele poo.7th is the PF Stroph
on the ele poo.
PF Stroph on cake(random)
Diff angle of PF Stroph on ele poo

mike hawk (Primorda)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 05:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lab shots
I used a tek from a good guy at the shroomery.The casing is 50/50+.But this is a bulk method.First one I have done outside cakes.It was spawned with cakes BTW.The lime in the middle and the O.S. on the right were mixed with peatmoss.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 05:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pix, thx for sharing, really helps the newer ones to actually be able to see what this stuff all looks like.

where'd you get your elephant poo ?
i though zoodoo went out of business...

mike hawk (Primorda)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 06:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zoodoo did but the elephants keep on...My local zoo shipped their elephant overseas so, when the circus came to town I loaded up!I'll be trying geraff(horible sp),american bison and hippo when I am done with the ele poo.People would not believe how easy this is.I think 6-9 months of the PF tek will get someone familure enough with the way they grow and a few ways to not get contams.After that someone could do something like this with semi-ease.The tek was Roadkill's horse shizzie tek.Hippie, have u tried poo?U have been in this way longer than I have.I think PF should not stop selling the Stroph.PF if u read this please consider having along side the PFC.

Floyd (Floyd)
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 11:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poo tek, only in america....

The Doctor (Drleary057)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's practically shitastic, I mean craptabulous, or just damn dungariffic, eitherway I got to get my hands on some of that shit too. Doc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just cow dung , nothing exotic, although it'd be interesting. i just figure dung is dung, cow and horse are proly about as good as elephant or rhino for most purposes, and a bit easier to find.
so you liked the stroph, i & several others have experienced the strophs to grow nice but have low weight, stems are hollow, not much meat, dry to toothpicks. are yours solid ?

mike hawk (Primorda)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mine grow just like the PFC but pretty solid.One of the resons I like it so much is that overall I get higher dry weight than the others I have tried.Especially on dung.Dung is dung.Your right.But do YOU know that for sure?I will check it out just to be the guy that grew on exotic manures.Also just in case another animals does better than another.I am switching to Edibles right after I do this.It basically gives me something to be even more motovated.I am sure other ppl out there would like to see it.Right?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 11:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no doubt, we're all a pretty curious bunch.

MagicGarden (Magicgarden)
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 11:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey Mike

I had a quick question about your casing. I was wondering if you PC'ed the casing before use to ensure that it was contaminant free. I reacenty have been fooling with casings and I had a little trouble with mold So I was just wondering if you did or not. Thanks -- Magic

AfterMidnight (Aftermidnight)
Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice job man, casing is definitely the way to go.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: