Humidifier adaption Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Humidifier adaption Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 02:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another way of recuperating an old blue plastic bowl used for drinkingwater of the dog , a T connection for gardenhoses with 2 outlet seperately opening or closing ,if 1 or 2 chambers need to be humidified, it is attached with iron folded in the needed fashion ,combined with a timer I needed to refill the water every 3*4 days at the maximum
humidifier
humidifier detail

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 02:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so if i'm following this right, it traps most of the water droplets and dribbles it back into the reservoir for re-use ?

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 10:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes , but I 'm not sure if all humies can be used this way ,in this case the holes at the toppanel above the button at the frontpanel prevented leaking water to drip on the electroparts , as safety in all senses is a mayor consideration for all of us ,water and electricity can be dangerous combinations , same for chemicals
I used this because I wasn't able to refill the tank from the humie everyday because of other activities,at the other end the rubber passed to a plexipanel from an aquarium heated with a standard electric mat for warming the soil on which I put the spawncontainers or agarplates , the mats that come from a gardencenter can be equipped with a thermostat and about 12 mats could be attached to the thermostat

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on my ultrasonic i was able to extent the length of time between refills to a couple days instead of twice a day by just stuffing a wad of polyfil in the outlet, causing most of the mist to just fall back down into the reservoir and also limiting the otherwise very intense output to more optimum ranges of humidity that a timer could easily maintain running 30 min on, 30 min off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: