SPORE PRINT BAGS Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Spores, Prints & Syringes SPORE PRINT BAGS Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Mycota (Mycota)
Username: Mycota

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 09:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you happen to make prints (as I do) on autoclave bag material. Because once laid, you can IMPULSE SEAL it, for well protected long term water & contam proof storage.

Here is a NEAT trick, when it comes time to use a big thick print.

Alc swab bag & inject 10 or 20 ml of sterile distilled water into bag on corner. Reseal with impulse sealer. Drop bag in ultrasonic tank - overnight & you end up with:
Upload
To retrieve, alc swab bag again, insert sterile syringe needle & asperate.

Looper (Looper)
Username: Looper

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 10:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definately one for the archives. I'm going to give that a shot. Where could i purchase an ultrasoic machine and how much damage would it do to my wallet? And also, how do you keep your bags open so you get a clean bag after the printing has taken place?

(Message edited by looper on January 18, 2005)
That term is reserved for the Admin/Mods please.

(Message edited by imok on January 18, 2005)

Shamrox (Shamrox)
Username: Shamrox

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw an ultrasonic at a thrift store the other day for $4. I know people have been picking them up new at WalMart for around $25 as well.
Pretty pretty pretty please, with a cherry on top....resize pictures :-)
READ THIS PLEASE!!

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Username: Imok

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Couldn't you do the same thing with a ziplock as well?
Hope this helps :-)

Mycota (Mycota)

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Couldn't you do the same thing with a ziplock as well?

ZipLock material is thin, will pass air/gas (over time) & doesnt impluse seal worth crap.

you could, but... I WOULD NOT TRUST ONE.

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 1510
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 02:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what does one use to impulse seal?

and why do you drop your print/bag into the ultrasonic............

thanks
It's just a hobby that i picked up in the lobby.........

Mycota (Mycota)

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

what does one use to impulse seal?

and why do you drop your print/bag into the ultrasonic............

Upload
This is an impulse sealer. It has a seal 3/16ths wide & is used to seal autoclavable spawn bags.

You drop a spore bag into an ultrasonic, because that disperses & suspends spores into solution better than any other known way.

Looper (Looper)
Intermediate Member
Username: Looper

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The idea is to print in the bags they give you with the sealer, thus sealing one side of the bag and putting your cap into the open end for a print. Then removing the cap and sealing the open end of the bag so it remains sterile. Whenever you decide to use the print sterilize the injection point of the bag with alcohol and inject some sterile water in for use in syringes. Then seal the bag back up beyond the injection point, thus giving you a water ballon of sterile water and the print. Toss the bag in the ultrasonic for one hell of a vibratory ride. The vibrations from the ultrasonic will disperse the sprores troughout the bag giving you a purple, evenly dispersed (no clumps) spore solution water balloon. Then simply sterilize the injection point and inject a sterile syringe and pull in the lovely, evenly dispersed spore solution. Wala.

raeb (Raebis)
Username: Raebis

Post Number: 507
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

like an echo in here

excellent, one could add more sterile water and expande this sporejuice tenfold.
nice ideas, shows intuitiveness. very nice!!
We are not here to learn, we are not here to teach, for this is impossible.
Rather, we are here to collaborate and share our experiences
so together, we can grow and become stronger in what we do.

Mycota (Mycota)

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

excellent, one could add more sterile water and expande this sporejuice tenfold.

Yup, that bag would be good to dilute into 480 ml sterile water & suspension fluid (50 10 ml BD syringes)& still be very viable.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 31005
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
nice use of sonic tek there, mycota.

Namaste

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 31006
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 05:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw
i've even used an electric iron to seal bags
[i'm a cheap bastid]
and one can use an ordinary ultrasonic humidifier as the sonic power source.

Namaste

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: