Non-stick foil warning... or blessing... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Spores, Prints & Syringes Non-stick foil warning... or blessing for sonicators? Heh. Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 3035
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 06:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hehe. Just passing on some info. Figured I'd give non stick foil a try for a print. The spores never stuck to the foil at all. They actually dried as one big print that moved all together and just slid off the foil. The only problem is that if you don't have a sonicator to break up the spores ( ) they stick together and won't really break apart with shaking/stirring.

Figured I'd pass along the info. None more sticking to the foil but you better have something to break up the clumps. :-)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 30912
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 12:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

They actually dried as one big print that moved all together and just slid off the foil.

kinda cool

Namaste

rodger (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 5426
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 03:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That could actually be a good thing, right?
"He blesses the boys, as they stand in line,
The smell of gun grease-their bayonets they shine.
Hes there to help them all that he can.
To make them feel wanted,
Hes a good holy man."
The Animals

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 4338
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 03:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats definitely a good thing down here where the humidity is higher, especially when printing during the summer.

grave (Grave)
Username: Grave

Post Number: 269
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

id say its a great thing
being as though the ultra sonic tek is starting to catch on more
this little tip is right on time

its a small price to pay to avoid the shredding of foil or paper.

and this too shall pass

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 30919
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 04:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to sonic tek

Namaste

Golly (Golly)
Username: Golly

Post Number: 418
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 04:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it some kind of coating that makes it non stick or just ultra smooth foil..?

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 3040
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 05:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems to just be ultra smooth foil....I'm not really sure though. But when you compare the non-stick side to the other side it does just look more smooth. Even if it is a coating though, it doesn't effect the spores at all, they still germinate.

Yea its great really as long as you have a way to break up the spores afterwards. Kinda depressing though not to have a sonicator and shake your arm off to see tons of clumps remaining. :-)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

perpetually LOST (Lost_onabbey_rd)
Username: Lost_onabbey_rd

Post Number: 551
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 08:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you could slide them into a fresh ziplock with a bit of sterile water and break them up with your fingers maybe..? i'm sure you'd still have some clumps but should be alot easier then trying to shake the syringe..
LOST
A fool thinks he knows everything, a Wise man admits the knows nothing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: