Found a new source for vermiculite Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Found a new source for vermiculite Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

RJ (Rhastamanjake)
Posted on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in the pet store the other day buying some crickets for my igunana when i noticed a bag that looked similar to vermiculite. i picked it up and sure enough it was! i was wondering why it would be here so i asked someone who works there. he said that people use it for tranulas. they like to nest in it and people use it for the substrate. i was thinking that is not the only thing it could be used for. hehehe it was a bit high but if worse came to worse there you go. i also thought that it could be used as a good excuse," why do u need vermiculite?" "it's for my trantula." and more than likely people will not asume that you are growing shrooms. i would hate to ask somebody and then they suspect that i am using it for other purposes. just thought yall would like to know cause alot of people cannot find it.

Searcher (Novice)
Posted on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just shows to go ya'! I'd MUCH rather people think I was growing mushrooms than growing tarantulas. Guess it takes all kinds!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 02:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material.

jack black (Bold_Cucumber)
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 06:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude! you shouldn't feed your iguana crickets, they are strict herbivores. http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES/REPTILES/iguanafeeding.HTM

RJ (Rhastamanjake)
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 05:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i only feed them to him like once a month. other than that he only gets greens

RJ (Rhastamanjake)
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 05:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jack Black
just read that article. NOMORE crickets for my iguana. thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: