Closet Homer TEK... Ultrasonic Fog Unit Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Closet Homer TEK... Ultrasonic Fog Unit Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you guys have the Scaleable Homer TEK in the archives... right?
Well I never found any instructions on how to build it but that was my inspiration for this.
If you want humidity, nothing beats an ultrasonic fogger.Here are my original building plans. This is custom for my closet, you can customize it for your needs.

building plans

building plans

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is how I built it.

building supplies
homer
closet to be housed in
homer
closet shelf, notice the gaps for the piping
homer

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is how the bins will be set up

bins

fist I took a cheap sub micron particle air purifier and opened it up and removed the speed dial from the front potion

fan 1

then remove the fan and motor and clean w/ alcohol

fan cleaning

I used a 5 gal Culligan water dispensor to mount the fan in.
fan culligan

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fan disassembled

fan half

cut a hole in the culligan and mount the fan

fan mount

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mist maker ultrasonic fogger

fogger

mist maker in action

5 gal

5 gal

5 gal

5 gal

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is the completed unit, it differs from the plans. I inverted the culligan on top of the 5 gal to help save fan power.

homer unit

here is the fog it puts out.
homer unit fog

homer unit fog

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is the pipe formation that carry fog to the bins. Sealed w "great stuff" foam sealant

pipes

pipes

pipes

pipes

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more to come

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 02:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pix.
we do have the homer tek in the archives, no plans though, as you correctly remembered.

Searcher (Novice)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 06:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love it, I love it, I love it! I want to have its babies!!

Mycolaureat (Mycolaureat)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice setup Apro!
If you want fog, nothing beats an utrasonic fogger
If you want humidity, nothing beats an humidifier
IMO

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Humidifiers are good for smaller setups, you can run quite a few bins with the fogger.

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 08:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:If you want fog, nothing beats an ultrasonic fogger
If you want humidity, nothing beats an humidifier
IMO

What? You lost me homie...

I mean fog is humidity right?... like 100% rh..
A cloud essentially, it just needs to be dispersed into the air of the desired environment to make it an effective humidifier. Fog is so full of H2o it sinks to the ground and accumulates into a cloud of fog, I don't understand how a humidifier can out preform an ultrasonic fogger? Please elaborate or show me some data. Just my opinion.

Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I already had problem with my fogger.
It was quickly over-saturating my terrarium and condensation was dripping from the wall.(even with my timer set at a 30 min interval).Its makes me mad to thinks about all the time i've lost..
but its not your fault.
I must admit that your setup is pretty big compared to mine.
So, forget what i've said
Im sorry
Nice setup by the way.

Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll clean up my fogger and give it another try.

Tarbosh Palace (Tarbosh)
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you guys should try putting fans on the bins with hepa filters infront of them and put them on timers to circulate the humidity and co2 and dead air out of the terrarium, so 1. Its not too humid and 2. it does the fanning/air exchange for you, making it less maintainance, but other than that nice setup, very professional

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm increasingly liking the centrifugal cool mists better than ultrasonics. the humidity is just as high but there's no visible fog as the water droplets are apparently much smaller. plus they seem to last longer than ultrasonics, i burned out 3 ultrasonics before switching to the newer centrifugal cool mists.
i do like the work i see here,
and i don't want to knock it in any way.
but frankly since i switched over to a portable wardrobe/closet set-up i find i prefer it over these much more complicated set-ups. no tubes/pipes to run, one unit to work on instead of multiple rubbermaids, etc. simple yet effective. but not as 'cool' or impressive looking as this design. just shows there's always more than 1 way to do a job.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to grow chambers.
thx for sharing, 'apro', real nice work.

i'm sure many will be inspired to imitate your success.

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 05:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Hippie!

First hey myco there is your prob, its your timer, you need a good digi timer, I have the 5$ 30 min interval one you speak of, that just wont cut it.
You need something you can pin point the duration.

And Hippie I hear ya, about the closet wardrobe, I have something similar very similar hooked up to a cool vapor. The ultra fogger is good for lots of bins, where a cool mist wouldnt suffice.
Here is my greenhouse this is all in the same closet as the Homer

my green house

my green house

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 05:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for all your great responses
You guys are all right

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 06:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well its up and running! Quite well, I might add.
Im missing a conector for one of the bins other than that everything is going smoothly. Check it out.

Closet Homer TEK

Closet Homer TEK

Closet Homer TEK

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 05:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

your greenhouse looks quite a bit smaller than what i'm using, similar though.
how do you like it ?

J (Slickstk)
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've just started posting but i've learned 50000% more than i ever knew about the process in the past week from reading all your guys' posts. like everyone else, i have to give you guys (mycota, hippie3, fungus maximus) and all the others who have 500+ posts just helping people out. there is no way beginners like us would be able to use (or learn for that matter) these many different teks. sorry for babbbbbblllllliiiiiinnnnng.
by the way, i'm on mycotopia because i just linked here to VISION'S vision and i re-registered. but the websit seems almost the same. i noticed most of the same people post on both websites. is the un and pw still the same for both? anyway thanks for all the help. you guys are the shit...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 12:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
no, passwords aren't the same.
the reason the sites are so similar is
because that site was set up by folks
who came from here originally but left
to set up their own version/website
a couple months ago. almost sister sites, if you will.
the admin there was formerly my right hand man here, but we had a falling out.
so, naturally, you see many of the same names,
as they kept the same names so they'd still
know/recognize each other on their new site.
some still visit here and post under their old names, some don't.
also, much of the archives were copied directly from here to there,
although there are some variations as time passes.
i don't post over there, even though you'll proly run across my name in the archives there,
i've been around a long time now
so i'm fairly well known and
posts by/about me from the past pop up
on many of the largest shroom websites.

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 12:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, sure do.

Fungusmaximus

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 07:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks cool but seems like an aweful lot of work I think nothing works better than a clear 59qt. sterlite container with 2 in. or more of perlite on the botton with cakes double ended casing(I do that right from the get go in the jars, quicker) with inner resevoir tek and I dunk them for about a 1/2 hr after birthing and then roll them in dry verm. so that they are completely cased and actually stack them(1/2 pint cakes) so there's 24 in each bin and then just stick the whole bin in a large clear plastic bag tie it up and forget it for three days(well, air it out every once in a while) and that works like a charm. these little guys are so easy to grow I just think that too many people over do it. But experimenting is fun but I like to stick with what works.

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 07:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn, you da man!

Apro (Apro)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phish,

Your setup sounds fine, although Im in it for automation this time. I can leave my bins for days and not fan or mist, they dont need me poking around all the time, less contamination

I wont be growing cakes in those bins!
LOL

Eatyu! Whats up?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: