A weeks worth of hash Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana A weeks worth of hash Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're making me drool, here, buddy.
sweet.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate you scotsman.

Lol looks tasty :)

jhon plemel (Mm_Maker)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 08:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok.. this may sound pritty dumb but how do you make hash?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 01:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's a big subject.
but in essence hash is made of the tiny glands and sometimes 'hairs' that fall off the cannabis plants.
it's the best of the best.
one can make pretty decent hash at home with a bit of silkscreen and alot of weed,
just rub the broken-up weed back and forth across the silkscreen fabric, which will keep bulky plants material out yet allow the glands to fall thru.
collect the fine powder, warm it a bit and compress it into blocks, voila! hashish
the silkscreen should be about 110-140 threads per inch, if i recall correctly, and placed in a frame to keep it taut.

PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 01:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buy bubble bags and make bubble hash, using ice water. It's the best kind!
PB

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
bet my home-made hand-rubbed silkscreen hash is just as good.
cheaper, too.

but yeah, the bubble bags are cool,
and there are many others ways as well.
i have this huge book, almost 400 pages, entitled hashish!, by robert connell clarke, which exhaustively covers the subject of hashish making worldwide thru history, well worth reading if you can get a copy.
lots of cool photos/illustrations, too.

bjorn nordengen (Bjorn)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

may i direct you all to a website?

http://www.overgrow.com

bjorn

PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, the hand sieved hash is pretty good, too. I can't wait until I get off paper.
PB

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
been going to overgrow.com for a few years now,
i highly recommend it, too.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one nice thing about silkscreen hash is that one can regulate the quality easily.
the 110 thread per inch kind is for lower grade hash, as it allows more plant material thru,
whereas the 140 thread per inch silkscreen is more selective, mostly just lopping off gland heads for almost plastic-like hard resin hash,
very potent.
one can further adjust quality by how hard one presses down on the weed/silkscreen interface,
as more pressure stretches the fibers allowing more to get thru, lowering quality but increasing quantity.
so between the different meshes and pressure, one can fine tune the hash to just the right balance of quality and quantity desired.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 12:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much hash would an ounce of some good bud produce?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 12:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

depends of course on what quality you mean.
a medium grade hash with a bit of plant material mixed in, you could proly get a few grams pretty easily.
of course the left-over weed would be pretty bunk if you strip off all the glands, so it's rather costly that way.
far easier if you're a grower and have access to large amounts of leaf trimmings, shake.
then one can turn their trash into hash,
stripping the thc from all the leaves no one wants to smoke 'cause they're too harsh, not bud.

gil (Tribalink)
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 01:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just like to use a kief box.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more details, plz, gil.

DigitalHippie (Psilocin420)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 02:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The box is similar to the silk screen idea... kief box is usually a small wooden box seperated into two chambers. The upper chamber has a silk screen layer leading into the lower chamber. Then the lower chamber usually has a dark, removable, collection tray. You place buds in the upper chamber, close, shake. Then remove the buds (still smokeable) and you'll see the bottom chamber is full of greenish dust... aka pollen (not like normal flower pollen)... aka the precursor to hashish.

I know some people who will smoke bowls of just this dust... or, over time, you could collect a decent amount, and compress it into a brick of hash.

Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we see such crystally buds in my area... a lot of suppliers will run elbows thru a bigger kief box before moving them out. It doesn't really damage or detract from the bud much... and then the suppliers end up w/their own hash.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gotcha, i have something similar for my silkscreen, and have seen plenty of polm. i've pulled an easy ounce of hash from a paper bag full of trimming,
but pre-skimming the buds before sale i would consider to be unethical. of course i do love the red hairs that fall off and the black tar that sticks to my fingers while picking.
thx for clarifying.

MyCurious (Mycurious)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 07:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made a make shift keif box from a hinged 5x7 frame. The mesh is bigger but I like to leave some plant in there cause I don't want the pure hash, just really refined pot. The little tupperware pot came from *mart.kiefbox

ralph (Ralphster44)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 07:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn....it's been years.
I wish I could get some good hash!!!!

Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 08:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MyCurious - way to do it yourself man... that's a good idea. =)

gil (Tribalink)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry i did'nt get back very fast, digital, pretty much has it, it's nice to use a mirror or a piece of glass underneeth the screen. makes for easy scraping and collecting. I luv the stuff my buddy likes packing 5 layer bowls. First layer a little nug in the bottom of the bowl. Then a little chunk of hash. Then another nug of bud. Most important some very fine chocolate opium oil. And of coarse a top layer of kief (bud crystals). I have problems functioning afterwards but it's fun.

Shroomzhilla (Shroomzhilla)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 03:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

call me sheltered or even late for the party but I never haved liked smokin weed all that much(I DO IT BUT NOT MUCH) what exactley is hash?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 03:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in essence hash is made of the tiny thc-filled resin glands and sometimes 'hairs' that fall off the cannabis plants.
it's the best of the best.

MyCurious (Mycurious)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A "bowl" recipe. That's terrific!!

gil (Tribalink)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of my bros make kief boxes might be a good adition to the raffle.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be cool,
care to donate or trade for one or two ?

gil (Tribalink)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 02:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure how do I get them to ya

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 02:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my email is hippie3 at mycotopia.net ,
we'll figure something out.

Ben Looney (Sammyshrume)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 03:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hhahahah isn't it funny when you ask someone to describe hash. I've heard all sorts of colors and ways to make it. PissyBee is right bubble bags are the way to make the best hash. check out www.bubblebag.com or if you want you could go to the cannabis cup to see them in action.

doyoueatfungi (Doyoueatfungi)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 04:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can u make hash out of crystals? cause i always scrape the crystals outta my grinder , roll it up in a ball and smoke. but i usually get way to gone after smoking that stuff

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 04:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in what way is bubble bag hash the 'best' ?
be specific.

who whomever (Captiveball)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 06:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can someone tell me the difference between "kief" and "hash" ive been confused for some time...

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 08:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey all. been a long while since i've been here (wonder if any of you remember me? who knows ). where i have been is a long story.. had some great business opportunities and worried of a background check (not anything govt, just internal security of a big company), so i quit posting at pretty much all sites i used to for a while. Also getting a job took away all my time. I'm posting now because that possibility has been postponed and other opportunities where a bg check wouldn't occur are happening. also i'm stoned and in a mood. :)

at any rate hippy, to answer your question on how is it better.. well you have the same book i do on hashish. in that book it talks about the different methods of extraction of the trichomes, including water extraction. I believe (don't have the book in front of me tho) that for the highest quality theoretically(sp?) a water extraction method done properly would yield the best results.

that aside, the theory behind the bubble bags (never used them but would like to some day.. would like to someday blow a cloud of smoke into a cops face and look at him helpless to do anything, and hopefully someday soon that will be possible with the momentum of the movement!) is the cold temperature (next to freezing) stiffens and freezes the trichomes on the leaf material. agitation is applied to the water ice plant material mixture to break these frozen trichomes off the plant matter (without the tempurature change the trichomes would not break off as easily and more plant matter comes with them). after agitation continues for 30 minutes the solution is strained thru a series of screens where the last straining lets everything but the trichomes thru. there are varying mesh sizes to get a purer / bulkier product (your choice).

so that is how the bags are used. that's all fine and dandy. why would i want to get bubble bags then when i could do some research and make my own? after all the bags cost upwards near 300 dollars. that is a very possible solution. however personally i'd probably buy the bags because they are built to take a beating and it was built for this purpose (Fits the right size standard bucket perfectly, etc). howerver if you have access to a very durable mesh material then i would build it myself. but from seeing the bubble bags in action (on www.pot-tv.com) i personally am convinced of their value.

well i guess since i finally reregistered on the new site here i'll post once in a while.. my foaf had some interesing grow experiences over the last 2 years that might required a post.. also had a level 5+++++++ experience that blew the roof off of my head and shattered my ego (was not prepared for that journey).. will post about that. hippy.. after all this time, why not an experience forum or even archive? similar to the shroomery's based by level.. i know i'm not the only one here who has had way out experiences worth sharing.

that's all for now, time to puff on up!

PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This place does have the archives. The difference between keif and hash is that keif is the trichomes that break off of the bud or THC powder and hash is what you get when you process the keif into a block, bar, or whatever shape you choose(maybe a hash sculpture!) What he explained was the original reason I said bubble hash was the best. The reason they call it bubble hash is not because they use bubble bags, but because when you make hash if you use the smallest mesh possible then you get pure trichomes with no plant matter, so instead of it burning, like some hash, it bubbles. As he said you don't need the bubble bags to make bubble hash and you could probably do it homemade much cheaper, but for ease bubble bags can't be beat. Bubble hash is usually from 50-75% pure THC and that is why I said it was the best. You can make bubble hash using a 220 micron screen and the cold water, as he stated, is essential for making the trichomes brittle and hard, so it seperates from the plant matter easier. Of course, some people may not prefer bubble hash because it may be too strong or other reasons, so this, of course, is only my opinion, as the immortal Hippie has said, to each his own, or different strokes for different folks.
Peace,
PB

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what i meant by archive was a section for experiences

PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOOHHH! My mistake, now I see what you mean, generally those go in general discussions, but I have seen them scattered a bit.
PB

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 03:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i don't have a specific place to archive folks' experiences i.e. 'trip reports' because, quite frankly, i question their value. i've read many over at shroomery and erowid, for example, and while they are sometimes entertaining i doubt their educational value as each person's experiences are so unique. we have to consider carefully, given limits on disk storage, what is really worth saving long-term.
even here we'll eventually run out of room.
so i try to keep what is archive worthy and eventually am forced to discard the rest.
but i guarantee, if i do find any exceptional trip reports, i'll find a place for them.
but what i'd be looking for would be stuff that might be helpful or useful for others, such as examples of good set & setting.

lyqwyd (Lyqwyd44)
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone seen the new sweetleaf grinder/kief box combo? When u grind up your chronic, the trichomes that fall off (which would fall off anyway in the breaking up process) go through a 140 mesh kief screen into a compartment on the other side... and viola fresh kiefer!! to make the hash outta that, grab 2 sheets of wax paper and a couple heavy items (dictionaries etc.), throw the kief between the sheets of paper, put the weight on top and leave for a few days... makes nice little sheets of blonde hash. ( i think they make a compressor for it too, but its kinda expensive; the grinder/kief box combo is only $30-$40 for a "personal" size one)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, i need one of those.
where can i buy one
or are there blueprints ?
url, link, just point me in the right direction, plz.

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another easy way to compress hash.... ever heard of heel hash? You can wrap up kief well, and place it in the heel of your shoe. Walk around for a week, and you'll have a nice little brick. Ridiculous as it sounds, works well.

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.treetopglass.com/boxnf.html

Not sure about a combo grinder-kiefbox, but there's a couple good examples of just the latter.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice link, thx

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: