My fruiting chamber Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. My fruiting chamber Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 22, 2003nich2boardchem-j12 1 01-22-03  06:09 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I run the humidifier "somewhere around six to eight hours a day" via a timer. It only has one setting, which will keep both at around 90-95% humidity.

Hey, anyone ever tried one of these?

gasmask

chem-j (Chemjphd)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if i run mine for that long water collecton the cakes or my casing is that why u have the pop bottle?

chem-j (Chemjphd)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh and then how did u connect the tubes to the bottle or i should say seals on the bottle?

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yup, that's one of the functions of the one liter bottle. I also run it at the same time as the fluorescent lights, which dry things up a bit. Or maybe just run it during the hotter part of the day.

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

personally i've had mediocre results with ultrasonic humidification too large of water droplets the perlite is a really good idea go to fanaticus.com and look under the perlite tek says it best. ultrasonics may make you feel like more of a pro but not always the best better if you are going to use ultrasonics to do it in moderation w/ the perlite. imo

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

besides that would make it even more stealth!

nice though.

chem-j (Chemjphd)
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 01:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what did u use to seal the tubes onto the bottle? what connects them? and makes it air tight?

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 01:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just cut holes in the bottle that are just smaller than the tubing. Then put grommets on the end of the tube and stuck the tube in the hole, added some goop (silicone glue) to ensure a tight fit. This type of fruiting chamber is so easy and cheap! The ultrasonic is the best investment, giving me the perfect humidity, as long as you open the terrarium often for air exchange. This thing has proven to give me great yields.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

try the centrifugal model next time instead of the ultrasonic,
smaller droplets, no visible fog but every bit as effective, the machine lasts longer than most ultrasonics do, too.

Fungus888 (Fungus888)
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 05:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where are these centrifugal models sold at?

hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 12:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i got mine at osco drug store.
read the fine print on the box.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: