Sleestak's Stealth Box Attempt Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Sleestak's Stealth Box Attempt Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of you may remember my original Stealth Box thread. I had to take a little break on it, because I'm lazy. Anyway, I'm back on the case. I've got the light installed, fan installed, flouros mounted in the mother room, water pump installed in resevior. All it needs is a little light sealing, a surge protector, a dryer hose to run from the fan to a hole in the ceiling and maybe a hot bikini model to lay on top of it while I watch my garden grow

Once the thing is complete I'll write out everything in detail and take lots of pictures, in case anyone else wants to try it. I want to mention again that I got this idea from overgrow.com "NGB Stealth Box" I made quite a few modifications to fit my need, but the layout is basically the same.

My original post is in archives if you're interested in wattage and stuff.

Hopefully I can get it finished this week

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking pretty good,
looking forward to the rest,
esp. the hot bikini model

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 10:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK here are some updated pics. All I have to do is put a little more weatherstripping around the frame to air/light proof it and I have to put the drippers in the hose and I think that's it.

caba

All lit up and nothing to grow

cabb

utility room

cabc

heat exhaust vent right behind light

cabd

temp and humidity monitor for mother room and bud room

sara

I promised a hot chick in a bikini

leslie

and I delivered 2

I'll post again when I have something growing in it!

groingrinder (Groingrinder)
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 08:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wooohooo great job! I've gotta make one of these ( even though I can't use it now. )

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 09:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Daaaaaaamn very nice.

Oh and the box is nice too :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 10:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you are a man of your word, i see.
very nice.
when do you plan to fire that bad mf up and get some plants in there ?
and you can tell the girls that they are awesome,
and we appreciate the ass..er...i mean thought.

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 07:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go

Here the cabinet is in my closet. That silver hose is the exhaust pumping the soon to be smelly air into the attic.

w

Here is more of the cabinet.

x

The temp monitor on the right is the veg/flower room, the left goes to cloning room. I've been stuggling to keep the humidty above 40%, seems to have a mind of its own.

y

The small room was initially going to be a mother room and I was just going to do Bonsai mothers, but now I think I'm going to make one extra box just for a couple of mothers and use the small room to start clones in.

z

Here are the clones growing right now. They are about 2 weeks old and I just changed the nutes to a veg mix. Given the space that I have and the fact that I have 9 clones in the big room right now...I'll probably start flowering in a couple of weeks. I don't want to overcrowd.

u

It's hard to get a good picture with all the color correcting you have to do to correct for the HPS. The white balance on my digital camera didn't seem to be working.

I can't seem to find my MJ growers handbook and I had a question. I have a 250 watt HPS, how close should I put the bulb from the tops of the plants??

Mod PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 10:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As close as you can without getting them too hot. I don't know how cool your lights are or how well the hot air is pumped out, so I'd guess a foot, but it may be more or less, depending on these factors. Also, make sure that, if you mist, no water touches the bulbs. Happy growing!
PB

Mod Maliki (Maliki)
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 11:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see a scrog method going there. nice Job sir.
Ill take some pics of my starter cabinet ive got started. It is simply for starting seedlings . Then moving them out side.
But nice job for sure.....
When we share we all grow

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 06:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks man I just started flowering yesterday, won't be long

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 04:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is an update...and a question or two These things are growing like mad!! They are going thru a gallon of water a day. My question is, I intended to trim some side branches so I would have a bigger cola in the middle but I have yet to do that and they are flowering. Does it/would it hurt the plants to selectively (sp?) cut some of the lower branches that are probably taking energy from the main stem?

Oh here are some gratuitious pics

Mod PissyBee (Pissybee)
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well since they are flowering, I would leave them as is but, yes, if you did remove some of the lower branches it should technically put more energy into producing the main cola, however, by doing so now, I think it would ultimately lower yield. You could try it with one plant and see what kind of results you get. Usually when using the SCROG or SOG method the plants grow mostly one main cola, anyways, with very little branching unless pruned. And from the pics it is sort of hard to tell how much they are actually branching. So, I guess the choice is yours, but I would experiment to see what does the best for you. I have never pruned lower budding branches only ever pruned for bushiness and yield, so I cannot tell you for sure that it would be better either way. Anyway, Nice pics and setup!
PB

PS If you could prune it to allow other branches to receive more light and by removing the ones that aren't able to get as much, it should increase the size of the other buds, that are getting optimum light.

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can you clone a flowering branch?

Joey Naples (Underboss)
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all, let me just say this- THAT'S AN EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE LITTLE SET-UP YOU'VE GOT THERE! WELL DONE MY FRIEND!!!

I can see your dilemma! It is the goal of every grower to produce maximum yeilds. When growing with minimal space, you want to focus your efforts at producing mostly Bud Mass.

This situation is pretty hard to call! If I were you, I would definitely use the SOG method. Eventually, you will want to use clones to produce "flower towers". When I clone, I try to produce one flowering stalk. It looks like one big bud with very few branches-if any. This way you won't be filling your chamber with excessive vegetative growth- only flowers.

I'm with PB on this one. Being that these are seedlings (and they're flowering nicely), hacking away some of the branches may reduce the overall yeild of your harvest. Although it may produce heartier colas, you will be losing healthy budding sites. It's a hard call!

I would experiment by trimming some clones off a few plants, and then let the rest finish out as they are. But it's your call. After all, you got this far by using your judgement, why stop now?!

I don't know if you know about the "Super Cropping" technique, but I think it would be beneficial to your set-up. You can read-up on it at H Times and other grow sites.

In the mean time- keep up the good work!
And keep us posted on the results.

Take care, stay safe and keep things smart!

Joey Naples (Underboss)
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opps,

I meant to say that you should definitely use the SCROG method. Sorry.

Keep us posted bro!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 08:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so how's this thing been working out ?

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man I posted a complete update and freakin' windows shut down on me. That's the third time that's happened to me right after a long post.

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok

Perfect time to ask Hip, I just harvested a few days ago, they're not even dry yet. I made a few changes (some good, some bad) in the growing and I took notes which helped a lot.

First of all this batch was deninitely sweeter than the last batch. The last batch was outstanding but a few hermi branches slipped in there and seeded some of the bud last time. I think I got hermi's because I didn't trim much and some of the branches weren't getting enough light. Those are the branches that got male flowers. This time I still got ONE seed, but I'm not sure how, I never found a male flower.

This time, when I was switching the nutes from Veg to Flower I used the General Hydroponics mixture for "transition to bloom" for 2 weeks. For those 2 weeks the branches got very tall and lanky. That eventually put them too close to the bulb and I couldn't raise it anymore. So I had to tie some braches over, which was not very easy given the limited amount of space that the box has. )The colas were noticably more resinous this time, I bet that was from the trimming too.) The first time I switched straight from Veg to Bloom and they started getting wide and bushy first. They never got tall enough to get damaged from the light. I only veg'd for about a week.

Another pitfall was the spider mites, those little bastards. The problem with treating inside the box is that there is not much room to move around to treat every branch. The resevoir and plants get pretty heavy closer to harvest and since my setup is in my closet, I have a hard time moving around in there as it is. Perseverance paid off, I got the mites about halfway thru flowering and I treated about every 5 days with a spectracide product that contained pyrenthin (sp?). I could never eliminate all the mites but I kept them fought back long enough to get me to harvest and now I can just bomb the box. Any mites left over now will either bail off or get smoked. Anybody have any suggestions for what kind of bomb that I'm supposed to use?

I have a haze mother and 2 N.L. mothers. The haze mother is new and still looks good but I've neglected to trim the roots on the mothers which has caused them to grow weak since I have kept them trimmed back to fit in the mother room on the box. In my opinion, the mother room in my box is a great room for cloning but not so great for mothers unless you grow them aeroponicly. It's just too messy to trim root every few months. Actually, it's probably not that hard but sadly, I'm a bit lazy (stoner). So , I think I'm gonna clone my N.L. mothers to death, use 2 strong ones to make new mothers and just start over again. By the time the next batch is ready, the new mothers will have branches to clone.

Overall, I'm shickled titless. I'm not sure what my yeild is yet but it will keep me set up for a while. I've noticed a few cabinet threads pop up lately, if any of you guys need help or have questions let me know. I definitely have mistakes to learn from. But the reward is sweet

Derek (Morbydvisns213)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey any rough estimate on the yeild you got outta this box??

Derek (Morbydvisns213)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey any rough estimate on the yeild you got outta this box??

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 09:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just harvested last week. That is my second harvest and I'm consistently getting about 200 grams (7 ounces)! I'm happy with that.

Derek (Morbydvisns213)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not [email protected]
that dry or wet weight?

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that a 400 watt?

new_shroomin_guynyc (Jay)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i believe Sleestak said it was 250 earlier

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And if we tell you the name of the game, boy. We call it riding the gravy train.

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dry weight

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: