Grinding Shrooms to Powder Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Drying/Storage: Picking/Harvesting. Cannon's capsule tek Grinding Shrooms to Powder Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Kevin Smith (Canshroom)
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 01:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you use for grinding dried mushrooms into powder prior to putting the powder into gelcaps? Is there anything special that you use to obtain a nice fine powder? A mortar & pestle? If so, where can you get one? Thanks.

monkeyod (Monkeyod)
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 01:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just use a coffee grinder.

Kevin Smith (Canshroom)
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 01:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. Never thought of that...not a big coffee drinker. I would imagine you can pick up a little one for pretty cheap. Do you lose much powder in the process? eg. in crevices etc of the grinder?

Greenweanie (Greenweanie)
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 02:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think they are only 11-14 bucks for a small braun coffee grinder at wallyworld...

monkeyod (Monkeyod)
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 03:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shouldn't loose much...but test the one you do buy. The one I bought (Braun) doesn't seal up real well and some of the power gets blown out and I have to put a plate under it to catch the blown out goodness. Should have returned it but I waited too long. I'll have to trade it for one at a friends house that only uses theirs for coffee as it should work fine with coffee due to it not being 'powdery'.

jack cracker (Cptcracker)
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2001 - 02:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

proctor-silex coffee grinder. i prefer this model because of the oval grinding area. it seems to grind finer and faster without buiding up little areas that don't move. the lid slips down into the body for a nice tight seal...

Mushy (Mushy)
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2001 - 04:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Coffee. Works like a champ. The powder does sometimes stick inside, but not enough to worry about.

Mine grinds into fine dusty powder, 11.95 at Target.

Shroom Glossary