New growroom Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. New growroom Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 09:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had a major problem with contam because of this damn cat I now live with. Whatca think?

Gonzo
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

might as well reinforce the walls and put a hepa on and you have a grow room/ biological safety chamber to save your life!

new_shroomin_guynyc
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 10:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that's dedication to the hobby. Nice man.

fahtphish
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 01:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aaaahhhhhhhhh (drool,drool) grooowwww rroooom faht like grow room ahhhhhhh I want what you have.

faht

Mr. Meeeeee
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 01:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how much for that man?

chethanne
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 01:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very impressive, nice work

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cost me about $200 for everything. My supplies included *not show in picture. The only exspensive part was the reflective insulation,I had to use it because the room is in my basement and its always cooled and the stuff is great. Plus I have a little extra money to do it and a partner . Thank you for your feedback I am glad you like it. I will definitly update you when it is finished. I now need to add the incubator, fruiting chambers, and all the good stuff. Oh and if your wondering the measurments of it. 8'x'8 and 4' high (ya I know why so low well I'm in a very old house with only a 5' ceiling.) Anything to get away from that fuckin cat.

Imok Urok2
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 05:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to grow chambers
Nice
:)

fucgubarn fucgubarnov
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 06:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice work,
are you going to do all your work inside or you just use it like a big fruting chaimber?

Max Power
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 04:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dude, that is a sick lookin chamber, I dont mean to harp but those picutres just remind me of that STYX song "Too Much Time on my Hands" lol.....how long did it take? anything to regulate the heat and humidity inside the chamber?

Musshroom
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dont put tables in your room. make it better using bookcases. Using more space.

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 07:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This room was built because I now live with a cat and every time i make jars 100% of them get contamed. The tables are for me to inoculate and do all my mixing an work on, and use under them for the incubator and verm and shit. The chambers have not yet been added to the room, and I have a cool mist humidifier with tubing going to the chambers. A bookcase would be useless to me, the room is only 4' high, and most of the shit i used i already had. And to heat it up I have an oil filled heater with temp control and automatic shutoff.

Yogi
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 12:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weird.
I have a cat, 2 rabbits right next to my rubbermaids as well as an inquisitive ferret....contams?
no problem so far!/knock wood.
look into your spore supply

Tribalink
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 03:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a good idea for when me and Icequeen get a loft.

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

same spores from before i moved..so thats not it..

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 04:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are some updated pictures

fucgubarn fucgubarnov
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice,
heve done all my work with my 2 dogs standing behaind me,always so curious to know what i'm doing

Dustin
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All i can say is "Amazing"
-Dustin

gypsy
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 01:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fucqubarn,
I see that you have a heater, horizontal in a rubbermaid container filled with water. Is that a fruiting chamber and if so, is the heated water @ fruiting temps enough to keep the box humid ?
I just built a chamber(check post: built a fruiting chamber..please critique) similar to yours and am wondering if it's going to to make the right humidity.

gypsy
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Above message to snippynuts fuqbag
Sorry :)

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, that is my incubator under the table. The fruiting chambers are two tubs with the filters glued to them, and tubes from the humidifier running to them.I know a lot of people have had luck with having pets around, well I dont live with vey clean people and they let the cat go every where even on the tables, as a matter of fact I can't stand it here and can't wait till my new house is ready. I'm sure is has to do with more than the cat here but, all I know is I had a 100% success rate before I moved here. Using the same spore supply I am getting 0% success.

Highflyer
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I I were you I would go and get about 8 of these:

Greenhouse

4 of these:

humidifier

10 packages of these:

Quarts

Some pvc pipe, 4 25lb packages of rye, and a big bag of vermiculite.

Snippynutz Fucbag
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 07:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my old grow area, back in my apartment

John Doe (Smellmyfinger)
Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 07:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You got some orbs in your updated pic hurry call ART BELL...lol

chem-j (Chemjphd)
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 10:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

art bell's the shit!

Techno-hippie (Technohippie)
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 02:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey highflyer... where did you find that wardrobe closet?? Please enlighten!

Jorneyer (Jorneyer)
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 04:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might wanna cross-brace those table legs... they look kinda shaky. Just corner-to corner, if you want to get fancy you can dovetail where they cross and add screws there also
You would not want it to crash
table

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 05:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look on ebay under 3-tier or 4-tier greenhouse.

John Doe (Smellmyfinger)
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 06:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are going for $19.99 at BIG LOTS. If you have that store by you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: