Stealth Incubation on the Cheap Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Stealth Incubation on the Cheap Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

hershmire (Hershmire)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 09:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colonization of my jars was taking forever because I can't get the temperature above 73F for an extended period. My living circumstances force me to hide my project, so building an incubator wasn't possible. So I found a very simple solution (which I'm sure has been done before):

Inside of Case

I just happen to have a gigantic computer case with plenty of room, and plenty of heat sources.

Sensor close-up

I also have environmental sensors built into my motherboard, and happened to have a spare one, so, why not stick it onto one of the jars?

Temp monitor

Thanks to Motherboard Monitor for the info on the temps! The fist is my proc, the second my internal case temp, and the third is the temp of af the jar in the picture. A warm 82 degrees. Sweet! And, it's completely covert. Just set it all up today, so I have yet to see the "fruits" of my labour.

John Doe (Smellmyfinger)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 10:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on..too cool

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 02:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

way out !

Bill (Billyboy)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 02:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah bro, ive been doing that for a long time.. It's a good idea.

I also stick a box of 12 1/2 pint jars on the top of my computer case. It keeps the box nice and worm just like the ones in the case.

- B

twentyeyes (20eyes)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need to upgrade

S (Izombie)
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 08:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL.. I thought I was the only person to ever do that. The first time I tried growing, I did the exact same thing... Then I moved to my closet, where my mom saw them and now I don't really care.. LOL :o)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
we actually have yet another illustrated tek on this line buried in the archives, seems handy for the small student grower living in a dorm, etc.

Jorneyer (Jorneyer)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just be careful not to short out your motherboard w/ the tinfoil

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: