Pan. Cyans/ Trops. on worm castings Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms PANS Growing pan cyans Pan. Cyans/ Trops. on worm castings Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Fishy1 (Fishy1)
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 11:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if Pans. will fruit on worm castings?
Will PF cakes ground to spawn the worm sh- work?
Hope so..........I know they needd dung, but is worm sh- concidered dung in this case?...
THANKS. fishy1

Mike Wallace (Whitemike420)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 12:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im pretty sure it will work I was plaing on doing the same thing and I thought I read some where some one did this before but I haven't tried it yet so you might want to wait for some other people to tell you its ok too.

Fishy1 (Fishy1)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 01:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found this : \http://www.theforestfloor.org/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=12&topic=625 (busted link)
Shows a great pic of pans on worm castings.

Nanook of the North (Nanook)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 03:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know I was going to start this thread in a few days. I knocked up some standard PF jars with Pan Trops before I went on vacation. I spawned the cakes out at a 1:3 ratio into oven sterilized worm castings as soon as I got back (3 days ago). Three days later I can tell this is gonna work. Excellent spawn run, and I see primordia knots forming on the surface. I am going to case the small trays (bottoms of empty Clorox bottles) with 100% worm castings.

Watch the mositure content, it's easy to get it too wet. You don't want it slimey.

Looks good all.

Nan

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 03:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think it should work. i have some pan trops incubating in birdseed, brf, dung, verm mix and may case half with dung and half with worm poop. I have been having a little bit of problems with worm poop contaminating though.

Cbee (Cbee)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 05:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

are pan trops alot harder to grow? that is what ive been hearing, just curious cause it looks like alot of fun =)

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 06:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good question Cbee... We are workiing on the answer. But it does not look too hard, different substrates, everything else seems to be pretty much the same as cubies.

Fishy1 (Fishy1)
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 10:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to hear some replies! From the photo in the above link, I would say it will work. Should not be much/ if any more difficult than cubs.
Will I see any differences between the Trops. and the cyans.?...
Check out the Dutch site MUSHMUSH for a great detailed method and awesome pix! These things get up to 15 inches long!! Sounds like fun:).
LAST QUESTION: Anyone try dextrose water w/ these spores?
Good luck all yall, and keep us up to date Nanook! BTW...good to see ya made it back from Maine in 1 piece!! Fishy1

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 03:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I flicked some spores into dextrose to get mycellial solution to inoculate the jars. Worked great.

Cbee (Cbee)
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 04:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what are the difference in substrate, i think after my next batch i will be ready to tackle the pan trops/cyans... can someone point me into the right direction to start reading?

Fishy1 (Fishy1)
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 01:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ralph Rules!! Pan. cyans. and Pan trops. prints delivered in 3 days!! Thats service:)...
Dextrose in the P/C as we speak...
I know these are fast colonizers, just wondering if the dextrose gets going quickly??
No hurry I guess;)
fishy1