What is the yellow excretions??? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. What is the yellow excretions??? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Captain Wack (Phreshload)
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 07:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Meeeeee (Somewhere)
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shroom piss

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 10:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yup....it won't hurt a thing

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 01:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's the temp ?

Captain Wack (Phreshload)
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 03:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i thought maybe it was just water damage. or something of the sort.. thanks guys.. 70 degrees

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 03:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you might want to put something between the cakes and verm. you have on the bottom. Are you using that for humidity or a casing, 'cuz if you are using it for humidity I would switch that up for perlite. the verm you are using absorbs water a lot better than it evaporates thats why it's better for use as a casing. If there is nothing in between the cakes and what they are sitting on they will grow mycelium networks into the verm. almost invisible until it's to late (you pick it up and you'll find a big ol clump of mycelium and verm on the bottom of the cake). This is not what you want. the cake has now spent valuable energy on making a myc. ball instead of beautiful mushies.

faht

CapnFungi (Phreshload)
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 05:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i must be doing something right.. 14 months shroom growing experience.. and my first shroom piss... by the way out of over 200 cakes made in the last year.. only 4 have been contaminated.. that is why i was unsure waht it was... thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: