Filter patch bags, pics and analysis Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Filter patch bags, pics and analysis Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 03:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

c0wb0yfr0mh3ll stranger
Reged: 12/28/01

Puerto - Myco Bags*completed*
12/29/01 03:37 AM

- 12/20 - 1 Puerto Rican syringe and 4 Myco Environment Bags were ordered from Sporeworks.com

- 12/26 - Recieved the syringe.

12/28 - Recieved the Myco Bags.

--- On each bag a small insertion area was wiped with an alcohol soaked cotton ball.

--- Each bag was inoculated with around 2.5 cc´s of spore solution after the syringe needle was wiped with the cotton ball.

---All needle holes where covered with scotch tape.

--- Bags were gently shaken to mix the spore solution throughout the media.

--- Bags were placed back in the shipping box and put in a dark/warm place.

- 1/5 -
All bags show good signs of growth and no contams. 2 are doing better than the other 2 but all look great. I need to raise the temperature some and I´m sure they will do even better. Sorry for the lack of quality in the pictures.

It looks a lot better than it looks in the pictures. I´m very happy with them so far.

Here are mine on 1/13

Workman old hand
Reged: 03/01/01
Loc: Oregon Coast, USA
Re: Puerto - Myco Bags [re: c0wb0yfr0mh3ll]
01/14/02 05:44 AM
c0wb0yfr0mh3ll, those bags look pretty good, but it doesn´t look like you are mixing them at all. Try breaking up the colonized mycelium and gently shake it around to mix with the stuff on the bottom. Just take care not to rupture the bag or dislodge your tape. I think you will be suprised at how quickly they will finish up.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

Bags are fully colonized on 1-19.

I´m going to start giving them light now.

Workman
You don´t fan the bags man. They are sealed.

Here are some more pictures. It´s hard to get a shot of all the pins because of the mycelium growing on the sides of the bags.

There is a large mushroom on the right of this picture. }

Most pins seem to be growing upwards but this one is going down for some reason. This bag has the most pins.

There are actually a couple pins growing directly off the mycelium on the walls of the bag... Damn Puerto strain is a strong grower!
Two of the bags have a couple of early bird fruits ready to be picked. The other two have a more even pinset and should be ready for harvest soon.

Yes I know they are a little premature, I´ve always harvested late so I was going for someting different this time

3 bags have more to be picked: 2 are first flush and 1 is second flush.

This is the second flush bag:

These are the first flush bags:

Workman
You can expect 3-4 flushes depending on strain. Most of the weight is in the first 2 flushes.

To clarify: The bags are prefilled, sterilized and sealed. Inoculation is through the bag with a syringe and then taped closed. The empty bags are standard filter patch mushroom cultivation bags found at most mushroom cultivation equipment suppliers. They are not available at Walmart or other similar stores, they are a specilized item. You might be able to modify oven bags to work, but they don´t have a filter patch and are of a thinner material.

In order to make your own self contained myco-bags you should have a pressure cooker, autoclavable filter patch bags, impulse sealer, substrate and a Hepa filtered work area to seal the bags after sterilization.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

Webby Doodle Doo (Webmycelium)
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 04:28 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks hippie. So basically I am gonna run into humidity problems with my basket idea huh. Well I did spot this old fridge at my buddys house . Guess I am just tired of sterlite containers is all. I just got done turning this old dorm room fridge into an incubator. I am thinking more in space save wise I dont want containers here containers there I want everthing in one room with sufficient space to work

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 02:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

understandable.
i am going to be adding more myco-bag info to this thread over the nexr several days, this will be archive material when complete as we don't have much on bag-style growing but more and more are doing this so i want to be able to help them get what they're looking for.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: