Innoculation Problem, Pic, 9er Tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Innoculation Problem, Pic, 9er Tek Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Jeffrey (Zwieback0)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 12:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

COuld you answer me on this link? I dont know how to post pics.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1016093&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 06:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try getting a 3 1/2 inch 18gage needle from Printer Filling Station
They have them for $0.75 each.
They also have syringes for the same price as well.
Hope this helps :)

Jeffrey (Zwieback0)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 06:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crap, that thing is long! I cant wait for it to ship to me, is there any place where I can buy such a thing?

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 07:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just have to check the stores (including vet) in your area.
:)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 01:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can go to the vet and buy over-the-counter
a feeding tube, which is a rubber tube several inches long used to feed newborn animals .
it will survive sterilization, slips onto your syringe, and is plenty long to do your quarts. they only cost a buck each or so, roughly.
it's also wide/thick enough to use for really thick solutions of clone/mycellial water.
just tell the vet you have newborn puppies and one's not doing well at nursing the momma so you want to tube feed it, they'll get you hooked up in mere minutes instead of days.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 04:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 05:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thx, imok. that one just came to me as i've had to tube feed a number of my puppies over the years. the tubes are re-usable, too.

Jeffrey (Zwieback0)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 12:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked a vet and medical store. They wont sell me it because they said that I needed a prescription to get syringes! BS, but nothing I can do. ANy other ideas on how I can innoculate? Glove box?

Jeffrey (Zwieback0)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 01:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could I just buy a 1 - 4 inch syringe and clean it in between each innoculation with each different strain of mushy?

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 06:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't want a normal "human" needle, like that used to poke people.
You want a large guage, 18 or better.
You can reuse syringes fine.
Hope this helps :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 04:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

Could I just buy a 1 - 4 inch syringe and clean it in between each innoculation with each different strain of mushy?

sure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: