Would Love to start growing shrooms b... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Would Love to start growing shrooms but have no idea where to start. Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Tyler Conderino (Purplehaze420)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 05:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey I'm interested in growing my own shrooms but have no idea how to begin. I'm willing to become dedicated to it I just need a push in the right direction. Anyone who is willing to help me out plz post or email me at [email protected] Thx guy greatly appreciated

Glasshoppa (Glasshoppa)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 05:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Read the PF tek at fanaticus.com. When you're done reading it, read it again. Then again. Then, once more.

You're now ready to begin growing mushrooms.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 06:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Glass, also don't forget to point people to
our own TEKS from our front page
to find the simple cubensis growing guide and the simple pf tek
along with the Hippie invitro tek for almost guaranteed results for the newbie.
You also didn't mention the Archives for their great reading.
I hope it's just because you forgot and not that you didn't know yourself
We have a lot of info to give that has been culled from great
sites like Psilocybe Fanaticus aka PF (who is at the top of our Links Page
from the front page) as well as the other sites/vendors
we feature (like the sponsors who's link you can click at
the top of every page)
Hope this helps (somebody anyway) :)

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 06:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Imok! You've outdone yourself!

ShroomVator (Shroomvator)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 06:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can just imagine Imok pouring over the keyboard typing /topurl {...} over and over. Sad really.

Imok, I'm gonna toast to you this weekend and get wierd-ass looks from all my friends.

Tyler Conderino (Purplehaze420)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 08:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx for the tips, I wasn't thinkning and of ocurse I should of hit up the TEK are, just didn't know what the hell it was at the time lol

Ozz (Ozz)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YUP !! ARCHIVES for sure ! Everything you need to know and then some. But without reading the PF tek and the other teks Imok listed about you may not know what the majority of the info in the archives means. Read the three major teks Imok listed above three or four times a piece and your ready to try your for your first time. Any questions that you may have after reading the teks can be answered in the archives, if you cant find it in the archives ... this is a great place to ask !

All the info you need is here at mycotopia.com - and then some. :)

Webby Doodle Doo (Webmycelium)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn I remeber my first trip to PF's website

Fitch F. Fitch (Fitch)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Experiment_in_the_Home_Cultivation_of_Psychedelic_Mushrooms.10361.shtml

Thats the site that got me started. While there may be better info out there, I found this helpful because its not filled with grower jargon

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

I can just imagine Imok pouring over the keyboard typing topurl over and over. Sad really.

Imok, I'm gonna toast to you this weekend and get wierd-ass looks from all my friends.

lol
pretty sure he's hip to that copy & paste stuff...

Glasshoppa (Glasshoppa)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry guys, my assumption was that Tyler was BRAND new, and was searching for square one. The archives are indeed a treasure chest of information, so much so that a newbie can almost get lost and overwhelmed in there.

Think I'll hold off for a while longer in attempting to answer questions in this forum. Still a little too... well, green. Haha.

Fitch F. Fitch (Fitch)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 06:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glass- your recomendation to read the PF website was a good one, IMO. That, and the link I posted were the literature I read thoroughly. I looked through the archives when I first started, but the information was of no real use to me, it was more technical, and most of that info assumes previous knowledge and experience. Best to just keep it simple ty, stick to PF webpage and info about PF tek...Im quite sure thats been the starting block for a large %age of growers

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 04:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Glass, thats not what I said
I said we culled the best from the other sites and distilled
it down to the teks on the front page
You can refer to PF's site just by referring to the links page.
His link is the very first one there.
But so many people bypass what the front page offers just
to get to the message board that a wealth of information, for
the newbie and the experienced grower alike, is missed by so many.
Don't stop helping, thats the best way to learn yourself.
It is hard work to explain what you have learned to someone else.
And in doing so you learn so much more yourself
So don't stop helping, keep it up please
Hope this helps :)

Glasshoppa (Glasshoppa)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 05:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Imok. Thanks.

Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha! I love it glasshoppa. I am constantly embarrassing myself trying to help. What do they say about the Good Samaritans Law? If you are trying to help in good faith, even if you are not a professional, you will not be held liable. I'm not sure that applys here.

Watch me get yelled at for this, but, its great to try to help. The mods are overworked as is. Trying to help, even if you put your foot in your mouth is admirable. I may not know much, but I can regurgitate archive material with the best of them.

Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, somehow I missed Imoks message and once again embarrassed myself. Still, I meant it for the good stuff.

ShroomVator, Imok's Unwitting Parrot

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I get corrected all the time, but thats just part of learning

:)

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't want to sound like a stalker, but once again, Hooray for Imok!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 06:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

Think I'll hold off for a while longer in attempting to answer questions in this forum. Still a little too... well, green. Haha.

plz don't, we need all the help we can get, there was not one thing wrong with your post, our dear friend imok is just very thorough when he posts but there's no need to compare or imitate, it's all good.

Bum_Ina_Trashcan (The_Bum)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 08:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really recommend going back and forth and back and forth between the TEK pages and the picture galleries and archives here. By comparing what you are seeing and learning, you can easily become ready to start producing on a good sized scale in days. Worked for me

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 12:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a very good point.
there's enough detailed info with pics here to pretty well show the way if one just digs in and reads.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: