Archive through January 22, 2003 Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. My fruiting chamber Archive through January 22, 2003 Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mysetup
mysetup1
mysetup2

Boob_021 (Boob_021)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VERY NICE!! Can you give me some details on the setup of the humidification system? What brand of humidifier, and type, please? And why the 2 litre? Thanx!!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 03:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking good, very professional.

Boob_021 (Boob_021)
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, how often do you run it? Those look like fairly small hoses, so do you run it constantly?

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 04:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just put together a new addition to the old fruiting chamber setup that I had. I made it double stacked, one container for cakes and the other for casings. The ultrasonic adequately humidifies both chambers using the smaller one liter bottle instead of the two liter. I will be adding a perlite layer on the bottom of both containers and 18 inch fluorescent lights. Well, whatchya think?
newsetup
newsetup1
newsetup2
newsetup3

nomohiatus (Ben111000)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 04:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks great, props. :) why add perlie when youve already got humidity?

exile (Exile)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 05:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a cool way to have a lid on that bottom terrarium, so you wouldn't have to move the top one off.

Boob_021 (Boob_021)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 06:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what kind of schedule do you run the humidifier on?

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 08:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be adding perlite to help cut down the running time of the humidifier, which will be running somewhere around six to eight hours a day. This is hopefully going to be the future home of twenty pf cakes with four different strains. I am also thinking of doing a flatcake casing or maybe just keep it simple and go with the hongus casing tek> just not sure yet, any suggestions? many thanks

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

both hongus and flatcake are quite similar,
do both and compare.

nich2board (Fungi_Guy)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 04:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sounds like a good idea, i think ill do both. I want to try adding coir to the verm on one of my casings so that i see if it makes a difference. Any suggestions on what to look for when purchasing coir (brand, organic, etc.)? It is just cocoa bark right?

chem-j (Chemjphd)
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 06:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow my set up looks simmular to that urs tell what is ur humidis set at how long do you turn it on for?