Mazies double stacked Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive BRF TEK : BRF Cakes. Mazies double stacked Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 23, 2003fahtphishfahtphish10 1 05-23-03  05:53 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 05:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyways im not sure one is better than the other i mean, all cakes are is, in my mind soda can sized cut outs of casings, lol, you know what i mean. i just prefer cakes because if one cake gets contam i can contain it easly without much worry of it contam other cakes whereas if a casing is contam well, cross you fingers. know what i mean? it's all relative.

on the other hand the work involved can be a tricky one. but hey i don't think he minds. ;)

faht

norcal lowlife (Tonedelove)
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 06:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you counted too highflyer! lol

so what is your bud using to keep them at a nice temp? and how about air exchange? are they in a larger chamber?

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 06:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

room temp. i think he uses a air con in the mid summer months. he fans once a day, ups it to 2-3 times when the fruits are about halfway through fruiting. 54qt. i believe.

the maintainence is 'bout nil, except staring at them for hours on end...singing to them... telling them how beautiful they are, and how when they grow up they can do anything they put their minds to. ;)
faht

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome photos,
your friend should be quite pleased with himself.

Shroomzhilla (Shroomzhilla)
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like it will be "pickled mushroom salad" at the company pot-luck for you!great job!

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

exellent work

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 05:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my friend wanted me to post a couple more pix. he also wanted me to mention that this is an aweful lot of mushrooms and didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression. he does not deal mushrooms or any other drugs for that matter. rather, a group of us, him and me included don't like buying drugs either esp. fungi. so this "stash" is our "summer catch" for about 15 of my friends and I. so with that said... here are the pix.

fahtfile://localhost/J:/1a.jpgfile://localhost/J:/2a.jpgfile://localhost/J:/3a.jpgfile://localhost/J:/9b.jpg

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 05:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

these are pix of his setup and of cakes he just did a 24 hour milk dunk, 10 min bleach dip, and after the cakes were dipped, right away when they were still wet, he burried them in dry verm. and pulled them out and this is what they looked like. fully cased. then he just added a little to the top and bottom and in between the cakes misted lightly and there you have it. hope you enjoyed my posts and my friends setup. he also wanted me to say that without mycotopia and gang (all of you) none of this would have been possible. we all thank you.

fahtfile://localhost/J:/5b.JPGfile://localhost/J:/6b.JPGfile://localhost/J:/8b.JPG

Jim BOB (Webborg)
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this should be in the archives if there isnt anything like this already in there. That is just amazing results

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very well, it is a great visual depiction on PF TEK in action.
archive material

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

faht

Random Hero (Burdt_Jamb)
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

now im hungry, anyhow, what is the aprox. weight of that if you know off hand?

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he doesn't usually weigh it, but roughly i would say...12.6 oz. ...rougly
i think the first one he said was around 15.5 oz.

faht

ron (Levler)
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 07:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

after a cake has flushed the first time can the cakes be cover in verm? Sides and all? This site rocks!

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 06:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sure, it's really up to you. ive seen plenty of great flushes without the use of verm on the sides. but ive also seen bad ones too. my friend likes covering the cakes in verm. cuz he can just throw them in a bucket of dry verm right from the dunk and that eliminates the drying off of excess water from the cake and DE casing in the same swift move. i like to think that covering the cakes in verm. will reduce the evaporation of water from sides of cakes and also act as an air barrier for mold spores kinda like the air barrier one would use when making the jars.

faht

ron (Levler)
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 08:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice I have to try that Im looking for a better yield. Thanks!!!

inexorable (Inexorable)
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 09:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't cake users just triple, quadruple,even quintuple stack them?You could end up with a big leaning tower of Piza!lol

----

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: