Shitaki on pf cakes Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Shitaki on pf cakes Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 17, 2003bluecatmycogeek53 1 06-17-03  05:26 pm
MY PF STYLE SHITAKE GROWING EXPERIMENTFanaticusjim dillows8 1 07-21-03  09:06 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 03:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those Shiitake's on the BRF cakes in the first pic of this post look super yummy and healthy

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 06:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone else had similar success with this method yet?

TFF (Myca_Tst)
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 11:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shit

TFF (Myca_Tst)
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 11:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive had this shiitake sawdust/bran mini-log for about 3 months and it has done nothing except get brown. Im wondering if I'm wasting my time/space. There is only one thing i can think of to get it to fruit " Cold Shock " . I put it into the refridge for 48 hrs " I thought this was enough time". Any takers on this?? Look above and you can see the pic from 3 months ago. (In this pic the one I'm talking about is located on the right, the one on the left is also a pf/style shiitake cake No fruits yet either ;( )

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 02:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quoting Bluecat:
"now i've put a few dowels in a honey sol. i want to try a liquid inoc. there is lots of growth in the liquid."

Hello again Bluecat, (enormous fan of yours)

Have the liquid innoculation preliminary results come in yet?
-And is a honey water solution preferable for the suspension of Shiitake mycelium?

And lastly, have you found that PF's Maximum Fruiting Formula outperforms other substrates for the shiitake cakes?

TFF (Myca_Tst)
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 03:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cleanjar,
I used live culture in a syringe, innoced into honey water solution. The myc grew twice as large, after that i innoced into pf/max cake. It was a little slow at start but once it adapted, the myc grew faster than Cubis. A very whispy myc growth.

Swampdog (Swampdog)
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 06:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shiitake is a good shroom but i am going to try my luck with a morel. any suggestions?

Swampdog (Swampdog)
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 06:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shiitake is a good shroom but i am going to try my luck with a morel. any suggestions?

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quoting TFF:

"I used live culture in a syringe, innoced into honey water solution"

Questions for TFF:
-Was it a live tissue culture or was it transfered from agar?
-And which method did you use to get it inside the syringe?

Quoting bluecat:
"i just push them through the verm barrier,then shake the jar to recover the spots."

Questions for bluecat:
-I don't quite understand how you "shake" the jar; Can brf/verm cakes be shaken up?
-Do you dunk the cakes after every harvest?
-Have you tried fruiting any of the Shiitake cakes invitro?

sprout roots dao (Sproutlocs)
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey bluecat you still have not posted the whole fromula for the sawdust PFtek? how do you use the sawdust and how much?

Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 18832
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload
bluecat (Bluecat)
Username: Bluecat

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 01:24 am:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i tried the same experiment hundreds of times.the regular pf half pints with no sawdust are always the best.both faster,and more productive.you really only need one plug per jar,right down the middle.i get the best results with just over 1/8 cup brf.if you use much more than that,they get sticky and grow slower.good luck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: