Where do cen i find Tyvek for 1qt pop... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Where can I get Supplies? Where do cen i find Tyvek for 1qt popcorn jars? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Tyvek and popcorn question.Sharkie JonesNuts & Flakes14 1 12-22-03  05:00 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

The grizzly bear (Osugrizzly)
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 08:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read in the archives that it is just a foil, so is it at any grocery store or what? thanks for the responses

canuckfan (Canuckfan)
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 09:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a foil, more of a paper/cottony type of thing. It works as an air filter. Get it at the local post office for free in the form of envelopes...but don't abuse that right, as you can reuse it as I understand. Lets not piss people off if we can help it :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

see Archives: Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads: Tyvek
for a link to another good source of tyvek, and some data on tyvek.

funguloidman (Mynarsean)
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 07:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i get this from my mother's work. she is in the mail room of a business. she has stacks of them. and i'd have to say that most mailing places, mail boxes etc and the like would have the same.
tyvek is plastic paper. when you get some use the colored side up, on the outside of the jar.

here is a pic. of the ones i use. they are good size bags. 14x16 i shouldn't think
t

ty

hope this helps

FM

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: