HBW question Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Hawaiian baby woodrose {pix} by mjshroomer HBW question Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Joseph (Frogs)
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 07:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have some HBW seeds and i took about 7 one night and they were awesome, the next night i gave some to my friend i crushed up 5 into powder and put it inside a choclate bar, he ate it and had a great time as well. so did one of my other friends, but today i gave the same amount to another friend and his brother, it's been 4 hours and they say nothig is happening it took an hour to work for me and everyone else who took em. what could it be???

JojoBaFruiT (Jojobafruit)
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 08:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did he crush his up too ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 01:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in all botanicals, things you grow,
potency can vary often by as much as 10x from one to another.
maybe they just got weaker seeds.

Joseph (Frogs)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 03:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

turns out he jsut needed to wait longer, they kicked in after about 5 hours, i guess i jsut grew impatient, i do that a lot. but becides that, im so happt i jsut got home from a shark fishing trip with my buddys and 2 of my HBW seeds sprouted, they are about 1 inch tall now, doin good so far in hums soil wiht perlite. in a small container, the same ones that the salvias are shipped in. anyone got any good growing tips for me on these? i just hope the turn out good, and make more seeds. how many seeds does a plant make, and how do i make em make seeds???

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

Plant 0.5 inch deep in loose rich soil. Do not use bottom heat. After the cotyledons [The first leaf or leaves in the seed. In some plants the cotyledons remain underground in the seedcoat] appear, water sparingly, letting the soil surface dry out to a depth of 0.5 inch. Over-watering causes stem and root rot. The plant grows slowly until it develops a half-dozen leaves; after this it grows quickly. In its first year this plant grows into a small bush 1 to 2 feet tall. During this time it may be grown in a large pot and kept indoors in winter. The next spring it will grow into a very large vine and should produce flowers and seeds. In this second year it should be planted out, or grown in a tub. In cold-winter areas the roots should be lifted and stored or the tub kept in a cool place until spring.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's about all i could find, sorry.

Joseph (Frogs)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thats ok that works, i'll jsut have to wait and see for myself. at least now i wont be over wattering them and know what to expect, thanks

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hbw in greenhouse from seed
i'm in kinda hurry right now , will read the above later on

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

excellent,
we need info on how that was grown,
just got seeds today so i'd like to perhaps give it a try as well.
that photo is archive material
had a hard time finding any info at all.

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HBWR is easy to grow.. and it just LOVES some FLouro light.. Seeds are easy to start.. I just file them down a lil away from the germ eye, and then i soak them for 24+ hours untill they are swollen just a bit.. and plant them suckers 1\4 to 1\2 inch under the soil depending on size of seed.. I now have these plants all over.. ill have to move them outside soon cause with the flouro's they just dont stop growing at all... :)

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jojo , i did the same for starting them , but central europe is tricky and unpredictable weather so right now we have a heatwave and i got em in the greenhouse with plenty of light , i started them in flat trays on a storebought organic mix from 'vilmorin' ,a french comp ,
from what i've read b4 the main problem would be to get them to bloom and set seeds again ,at least in the climate i live in , but i can move them under the hps lamps when needed

reshroomED (Reshroomed)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beware of frosts and cold-snaps. Mine are now leafless and in intensive care after a few cold nights while I was away.
ed

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 03:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JojoBaFruiT, when you say

Quote:

I just file them down a lil away from the germ eye,

could you elaborate a bit more plz ?
a pic would be immensely helpful.
thx.

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 11:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK here it is.. sorry the pic is shitty i gotta get a new camera.. The germ eye is where the first main root will emerge.. The pic shows a file pointing towards the eye.. You will want to avoid this area and Knick ( with nail clipper )or File it down, Dont go too deep.we are not trying to reach the inside of the seed, Just trying to help it get some water closer to the inside.. On the opposite side of the eye, or bottom of the seed is a fine place to do the nasty work ( filing etc.. )... , the seed shell is very woody and is a beea beea to penitrate..

PIC

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/karmapari/vwp?.dir=/TOPIA&.dnm=HBWR+EYE.jpg&.src=ph&.view=l&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/karmapari/lst%3f%26.dir=/TOPIA%26.src=ph%26.view=l

Then do your 24 or + hour soak in clean water, or untill the seed swells abit and then place in moist soil or in a paper towel to finish germinating.. Hope this helps.. these plants are so fast and rewarding to grow :) :)

PS how do i post pics right?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 01:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can't access that file,
there are complete directions with examples on how to upload pics in the board announcements forum.
practice in testing, it's pretty easy once you get the hang.

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 04:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK sorry here is the pic :) I knick or file on the opposite side of the eye on bottom or on the back of the seed... Pointing out EYE of HBWR

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 10:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool, that clears things up.
thx

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: