The secret behind the mushroom master... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » BRF TEK : BRF Cakes. » The secret behind the mushroom master's super strong mushroom races « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
yachaj's rantYachaj PayéShroomzhilla13 1 06-22-03  06:43 am
chester's rantChesterTheWormmycos eleusis49 1 06-20-03  11:05 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

power (Flower)
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 05:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PF has done some great research on mushrooms his work shows in his mushroom races.You can not get better races from any vender!!!!!!!! (unless they are PF's under a different name).PF is a true mycology master.

How did PF create his races????

Some clues lead me to think it has something to do with tryphamine (may be spelled wrong but its close) addded to the growing media over time at all times.The growing media is brown rice flour of course.

Since PF based his tek/work on brown rice flower cakes I suspect he followed in the footsteps of Steven Pollock the man who invented the brown rice flour cakes in the 70's.Pollock died early but discovered never before seen ways to cultivate mushrooms.

What other projects did Pollock work on dealing with the cultivation of mushooms on his brf cakes?

Did Pollock have any potency projects dealing with his mushrooms? (i think he did the guys got his own race if ya can find it I hear its superb)

What are these potency projects Pollock was working on?

Where can some Pollock teks be found?

inexorable (Inexorable)
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 06:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PF stated, he did in fact get the idea to try BRF from Pollock. However, Pollock didn't know how to keep the rice from clumping up, causing the grower to have to constantly shake the jars. PF realized the potential of vermiculite and was the first to find a standardized formula that produced optimum yeilds on cakes. He in NO WAY ripped of Pollock or anyone else. His ideas were novel and he has since been copied numerous times, though he is the true inventor of the 'cake'.

PF didn't 'invent' any race. He merely selected his PF strain out of various ones and it was first known to him as some sort of Amazonian. Because he found this to be his favorite, and maybe take to cakes better than other strains, it became his trademark strain and now has come to bear his name.

His strains were no stronger than others'. The idea he used tryptamine conditioning to improve thier quality is absurd. First, Tryptamine only improves Psylocin content, not Psilocybin content. Psi-cin breaks down faster then -bin so Tryp. additives don't become worthwhile to most as storage, rather than immediate consumption, would casue a great lose of potency. Tryp. potency boosted shrooms cannot pass on this trait to their offspring. It does not become encoded on their genetics. It's like steroids--a roid user isn't guaranteed huge children. Nor does one that has lost an arm give birth to armless children.

As to why it seems PF's syringes produced 'better' results than other suppliers, I feel it is very likely that PF didn't try to get like twenty syringes out of one print. More spores per amnt water would give better success rates, while more watered down syringes are likely to give rise to poorer germination rates (this I'm seeing right now, and if I don't get results soon, I am going to royally flip on this supplier's ass! They've sent me HORRIBLY poor syringes in the past and i'm sick of it!).

Somebody else can fill you in on the Pollock teks, I'm sure.

the
•INEXORABLE•™

not *really* a Jedi (Mycofile)
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 09:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^what he said^ This is a rather humorus post.

But about pf's product giving better results, I don't think it was a matter of more spores per syringe, but other "trade secrets". In fact, most PF syringes looked more clear than other vendors, but they did often perform better. Here's my hypothesis

1. PF used a suspending agent far before it was public knowledge, and to this day many vendors don't do so. Example is nans sex lube or mycotas jet dry.

2. I think he blended his spore solution to evenly disperse the spores in the solution, and kept them dispersed with #1. Didn't he have a eberbach for sale on his site after his bust? Bet money thats what he used it for.

So, how about it professor, ready to share your secrets? How many syringes per print? Did you indeed use a suspending agent, or blend your spores? Any other tricks?

nilla (Nilla)
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 10:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually have noticed too that his syringes were very clear but in fact did out produce just about any other vendors syringes that i have purchased. Making my own that clear never seems to work very good if at all so it kinda makes you wonder?

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 01:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...more watered down syringes are likely to give rise to poorer germination rates (this I'm seeing right now, and if I don't get results soon, I am going to royally flip on this supplier's ass! They've sent me HORRIBLY poor syringes in the past and i'm sick of it!)."

I feel your pain, man!!!

Shroomzhilla (Shroomzhilla)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 03:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now that the cat is out of the bag, so to speak as to WHERE, the prints came from, I can only guess that years of experience and knowledge went into each choice of fruit chosen for printing. Also guessing that there were a lot of agar/petriedish strain selection going on.
The man was Mushroom King! he knew his shit and didnt resort to poor sales practices as some vendors do. I didnt look at the price of the syringes as a cost so much as a donation for the end result of all his education of the subject.
I never really had much luck with the PF strain I got along wth the Hawians, but the hawians more than made up for it.
I am hopeing for the best outcome for his future and plan to try his cakes with edible strains in the future(thats what I started this hobby for in the first place was to learn) and thank you PF for being a great teacher!

power (Flower)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leprachaun,

What vender did you get those poor syringes from?

power (Flower)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If PF put out a book all about his work, strains & secrets many people would gladly pay top dollar for it!!

PF would need to copyright & patent his secrets if he has not done so already I know the PF tek has been.I'm sure PF knows this already.

It could be called:

The PF Project
bible & tek

or
PF
works of wonder

or

PF
The Man behind
the great mystery
mushrooms

or best of all

Psyclobe Fanaticus

The name says it all.I imagine it as a big fat hardback book with the name in big bold letters on the cover with some PF tek related photos all over the cover in the backround.Or The original PF tek book on the cover with Psyclobe Fanaticus standing out in bold letters and the pf tek book as the backround.

The book would have every PF tek ever sold by PF.It would have all the information he had on his website.In fact it would have the original website and everything that was put on it from the day it hit the web.

It would tell the history of PF himself and how he got the idea of creating psyclobe fanaticus.

Then it would tell the unknown secrets behind the PF tek, PF's work, and how he created his strains.

There would also be never before seen photos of PF in action, his works and so on.

Maybee even a section on strains he never went public with for one reason or another.

+much more

just a thought. As always a big thanks at the bottom

THANK YOU

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 06:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanx for the good words flower power!

I do have secrets but I don't have plans to release them.. Actually, everybody just does great without the "secrets".

The problem is upcoming. Spores of magic shrooms are now being considered PARAPHERNAILIA and I am in deep trouble. In fact, the D.E.A. is watching this group right now and reading this. I live paranoia and in fact, if it wasn't for the fact I feel spiritually strong, I would have lost it. But the story is quite interesting (or sickening to some) and I hope to be able to tell it after this shit is all over.

Thanx for the support and I aint going away.

But, I have something really really interesting coming up in a few weeks. For all of you that got my book - check out the last page. I have something coming that is going to be real cool. I have been sitting on it for 10 years. It is going into production today.

Professor Fanaticus

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 02:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quoting Fanaticus: "The problem is upcoming. Spores of magic shrooms are now being considered PARAPHERNAILIA and I am in deep trouble. In fact, the D.E.A. is watching this group right now and reading this. I live paranoia..."

Quoting Fanaticus: "I have something coming that is going to be real cool. I have been sitting on it for 10 years. It is going into production today."

polly ester (Carcenogenic)
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 08:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have always wondered about that picture on the last page.

hmm, maybe some archaic revival?

xoxo
polly

lets party like it's 1999 b.c.!!!!

Dustin (Dustin)
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 08:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey fanaticus
Do you happen to have anymore books for sale?
-Dustin

subterra (Subterra)
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want a copy of your book too, if I may.

-subterra

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 08:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Professors new book is entitled "Stonehenge Archaeosophy" and will be available within a month. That photo on the last page of the PF TEK book (since 1996) is a hint of what is coming. You mystics are going to love it!

Professor Fanaticus

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 08:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PF TEK books are still available from the Professor. Any small contribution to my defense fund will get you a freshly autographed copy to you personally.

Professor Fanaticus

drugiedugie (Dugzup)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Professor......Where do we send contributions?
How are things looking for you?
Is there someplace where we can keep up to date and informed on your court proccedings?
I'm very interested in your case and my prayers are with you!!!!!!!

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 06:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Things are scarey, but the Washington state chapter of the ACLU (Seattle) has jumped on board and agree that my consitutional rights have been bashed.

my address is

RW MCPHERSON
630 North Shore Road
Amanda Park Washington

Professor Fanaticus

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 07:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as a member of the ACLU (and many other such organizations) I am proud they are helping with your case. You should have a continuing thread here that contains all your court date info (every appearance you must make that the public are allowed to) so people can come to support you in person (in any way possible)!

subterra (Subterra)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 09:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you ACLU.

-subterra

Dustin (Dustin)
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 11:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I mailed you some money pf, its only five dollers but i will mail more asap when money is more plentiful
-Dustin

jimmy jublanski (Zoomerhead)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 05:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so if we make a donation to the above address we get a signed copy of a pf tek book and the proceeds go to your legal fund? does this offer apply to canada too?

power (Flower)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 06:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a little off topic here??? now back to the original question!!!!

The secret behind PF the mushroom master's super strong mushroom races?

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 08:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, enough thread jacking, getting back to the original post.

PF, here are some direct questions, which you can directly not answer if you don't want to, but I'm curious.

1. what was your typical print to solution ratio? (Prints/water)
2. What suspension agent did you use, or did you not use one?
3. Did you in fact run spore solution through your eberbach?

I think the sharing of these details would be most helpful to the state of cultivation for many individuals, as well as personally very interesting to me. Esp. #2. Many people have turned to JetDry lately as a suspension agent, and I know there has to be a better product.

Much appreciation if you care to share...

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are stuck with the 2nd amendment. So I watch where I go and if anybody has a gun, I stear clear.

PF, here are some direct questions, which you can directly not answer if you don't want to, but I'm curious.

1. what was your typical print to solution ratio? (Prints/water)

answer:
I made em pretty thin. But the important thing is freshness. That is what makes them work great even when thin.

2. What suspension agent did you use, or did you not use one?

comment:
That is a secret I will not devulge. Actually, someone else discovered it, and he aint talking either.

3. Did you in fact run spore solution through your eberbach?

Comment:
I used one once to try that STAMETS style thing, and found it to be a waste of time. You can get similar to better results with mycelial slurries using regular agar cultures in jars, and using long glass dropper style pipettes to suck up and deliver the mycelial water. The eberbach thing is total HYPE. also, need some kind of spatula to scrape the mycelia off the surface of the agar.

here is a little inside info that goes back to the 1992 (or 1993 - can't remember) MYCOMEDIA shroom conference at ORCAS Island (with Mushroom John and Stamets and CHilton). Stamets was into the eberbach trip. Chilton thought it was bullshit and prefered the rye grain inoculation trip. Chilton was right.

I used to grow shrooms like that many years ago (agar cultures in jars, hydrated with a spatula and sucked up and reinoculated with a long glass pippete with a rubber bulb on it - when I was in my mycelia slurry stage). But, I eventually discovered that it can't beat a good spore solution and syringe. ONce the spores start taking off, they go much better than mycelial solutions, even though the mycelia looks better at first. After about a week, the spore solutions are the best working. I have done practically every kind of culturing you can think of over the past quarter of a century (became a shroom fanatic back in the late 70's).

Professor Fanaticus

Fanaticus (Fanaticus)
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is a better description of my mycelial slurry tek I used to use many years ago.

I would make spore solutions and inject several drops of spore solutions with a syringe into a test tube with a slant agar nutrient in it.

The spores would germinate in the test tube. Then I would inject water from a syringe into the test tube and cover the nice culture with water.

Then I would use a long glass pipette with a red rubber bulb on it and scrape the mycelium off the surface of the slanted agar medium and then suck it up into the pipette.

Then I would inject the mycelium into my jar of grain and grow.

It was kind of fun, but in the long run, I went back to bird seed spawn inoculation and finally to direct spore solution inoculation by syringe.

The spore solution with syringe is the easiest and quickest and best way of them all.

Professor Fanaticus

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*On topic post*
Professor, the eberbach I was referring to was blending the actual spore solution to make sure the spores aren't clumped. It's just a theory I've had about your product for a while, and was curious if I was right. I take it I wasn't. Oh well, sounds like I was right about the suspension agent. Lends some more validity to nans sex lube ideas and mycota's jetdry, although I'm sure there is a better pure chemical product to use and it sounds like you found it.

It's just that it was so obvious that your syringes always looked much more clear, and had much smaller clumps than other vendors, but your product still worked as good or better than their "dark" or "cloudy" syringes which to me just looked clumpy.

I can understand your secrecy, and thanks for sharing as much as you have.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 12:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm removing all the off-topic posts from this otherwise informative thread.
you'll find them in the subtopic of this thread entitled
"chester's rant"

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 12:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 05:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the rant? hehehehe

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 09:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

like i said, all off topic posts have/will be moved out of this thread into a subtopic. this one i've entitled 'yachaj's rant' and it can be found at top of page as a subtopic.
let's plz try to keep this forum on-topic and flame-free.
i don't want to surpress free speech so i've left them as subtopics so you all can argue it out without disrupting the on-topic flow of conversation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: