Picking a wild mushroom outdoors for ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation Picking a wild mushroom outdoors for use growing inside, outside, on cakes or straw all for simple minds Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

power (Flower)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 06:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For most folks here the mushroom spores they use come from a spore syringe or spore prints that where grown and made by a man in his man made setup.

It seems as if picking a wild mushroom for spores is a whole new ballgame in the same ballpark.

How the man made mushroom cycle works:

1)The man gets his spores

2)The man makes up some agar petri dishes or maybee a dexrose solution then he goes on to inooculate his growing media of choice with the spores.He may do one of these things or all three.

3)The man waits and watches his spores grow into fuzz known as mycelium then watches the mycelium grow into mushrooms.

4)The man might eat the mushrooms and/or make spore prints and/or spore syringes and/or some liquid innoculant such as a dextrose solution or some agar petri dishes that can be used for growing more mushrooms at a later time.

5)The man repeats the cycle.

How does the wild mushroom converted into the man made mushroom cycle work?

1)A good safe wild mushroom must be found if you are not eating it then any mushroom will do.

2)Prints are made of this wild mushroom.

3)The wild mushroom prints are grwon out on agar petri dishes untill a good tissue sample is taken.

4)the good tissue sample is then grown out on peroxcided/antibiotic agar.

6)After the tissue is grown out on peroxciced/antibiotic agar its safe/ready to use in the man made cycle for ever and ever.

Is anything missing here?

Is there another way to do this mushroom cycle convertion?

If a man is bad with agar whats another way he could do this?

How can the wild mushroom be used as a source for spores that can be safely grown by man with very few problems if any?

Its important to learn how to do this it may oneday be the only way to get spores.There is a state, town or city near just about everyone if not a freind probly lives near one & can mail prints anywhere.

ChesterTheWorm (Chestertheworm)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 04:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

correct me if i'm wrong but i belive you can take spore prints out of wild mushies & make spore syringes & grow it just as you would from one from a vendor

power (Flower)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 05:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only it whir that simple the problem is contamination.The contamination may not be a problem outside but when one trys to take the wild mushroom into a controlled enviorment that contamination will become a problem.

---"i belive you can take spore prints out of wild mushies & make spore syringes & grow it just as you would from one from a vendor"---

There are several steps missing in what you say here if you just took a wild mushroom, made some prints and then spore syringes odds are you would grow some wild contamination along with those wild mushrooms.

Now if we clean what you said up a bit and add a few steps we might have a plan that works well to grow mushrooms from the wild.

It seems the agar step to grow out a good tissue sample that is then placed on antibotic agar may be one of the only great ways to pull this off with great results in the end.

Is there a way to skip the petri dishes?

Could the agar be done like a dextrose type liquid innoc jar?

Grow the spores out in the liquid agar then transfer a clump of clean looking tissue to a liquid antiobotic jar where it continues to grow before its finally used?

Would could something like this work?

any other ideas?

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 07:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clone it, then take a print from the cloned fruit later. Read the cloning teks.

ClosetMonger (Closetmonger)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 07:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in the process (just bought some the other day but didn't get any further yet)of doing that with some store bought Portobellos. Cloning that is

power (Flower)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 09:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

---"Clone it, then take a print from the cloned fruit later"---

That's the main idea the problem with trying to produce a clone from a wild mushie is clone teks need to be very sterile for things to work out all good a mushroom from outside would cause many failures w/clone teks and thats if it ever produced something one could use free of contamination.

Now a clone tek would work well if one managed to grow wild mushrooms in a controlled enviorment and later used prints from those fruits.

The problem here is one needs to get those prints from the wild mushrooms growing in a controlled enviorment to do that one must find & pick a wild mushroom & get it growing in a controlled enviorment of their choice somehow.

What is that somehow?:

How does the wild mushroom converted into the man made mushroom cycle work?

1)A good safe wild mushroom must be found if you are not eating it then any mushroom will do.

3)The wild mushroom prints are grwon out on agar petri dishes untill a good tissue sample is taken.

6)After the tissue is grown out on peroxciced/antibiotic agar its safe/ready to use in the man made cycle for ever and ever.

The idea is to go from this to:

How the man made mushroom cycle works:

1)The man gets his spores

2)The man makes up some agar petri dishes or maybee a dexrose solution then he goes on to inooculate his growing media of choice with the spores.He may do one of these things or all three.

3)The man waits and watches his spores grow into fuzz known as mycelium then watches the mycelium grow into mushrooms.

4)The man might eat the mushrooms and/or make spore prints and/or spore syringes and/or some liquid innoculant such as a dextrose solution or some agar petri dishes that can be used for growing more mushrooms at a later time.

5)The man repeats the cycle.

What is a sound way to do this?

Better yet is there a tek that puts these two growing cycles together to make one tek on doing this from picking the mushroom outside to the finish being a crop of your very own wild mushrooms?

power (Flower)
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 09:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With that all said & done how bout this tek:

Tame a wild mushroom tek:

1)A good safe wild mushroom must be found outdoors if you are not eating it then any mushroom will do.

3)The wild mushroom prints are grown out on agar petri dishes untill a good tissue sample is taken.

6)After the tissue is grown out on peroxciced/antibiotic agar its safe/ready to use.

7)The man gets his good tissue sample.

8)The man makes up some agar petri dishes or maybee a dexrose solution then he goes on to inooculate his growing media of choice with the tissue.He may do one of these things or all three.

9)The man waits and watches his tissue grow into fuzz known as mycelium then watches the mycelium grow into mushrooms.

10)The man might eat the mushrooms and/or make spore prints and/or spore syringes and/or some liquid innoculant such as a dextrose solution or some agar petri dishes that can be used for growing more mushrooms at a later time.

11)The man repeats the cycle with his own spores from the now tame wild mushroom strain.

If one gives this a good try it will work for any wild mushroom.

Feel free to add on, improve, or simplify this tek.

The part that could be a little tuff is the agar to peroxcided/antibotic agar here is a way to maybee simplify that part:

Use dextrose as agar.

Then transfer the good tissue sample to a dextrose solution/mix/dish with peroxcide added to it in the place of antibotic/peroxcided agar.

How bout that folks would that work out well? If not why? What would work better? or how could this be modified to work well? (thats if it does not already work)

Dung LOver Mush (Poopey666)
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 12:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try pasturizing straw in the oven at 170 and dry. Take the print scrapeitinto water and mix well. Take straw and summerge in spore water. Put in warm spot and hope for the best.

I dont know if i would work but one coult try

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 12:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

Is there a way to skip the petri dishes?

Could the agar be done like a dextrose type liquid innoc jar?

Grow the spores out in the liquid agar then transfer a clump of clean looking tissue to a liquid antiobotic jar where it continues to grow before its finally used?

Would could something like this work?

not really, liquid is by far the worst choice when contams are an issue. agar is best by a long ways.

your odds of success of just soaking straw in spore water is minimal.
think about it, folks.
why do you think the pros, real biologists, work with agar ? just for fun ?
there's a good reason for every step along the way, and too many go around trying to re-invent the wheel, looking for short-cuts.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'll take a shot at this.
Going back to what Rodger said:
" Clone it, then take a print from the cloned fruit later."

And Flower then blew him off when he said:
"That's the main idea the problem with trying to produce a clone from a wild mushie is clone teks need to be very sterile for things to work out all good a mushroom from outside would cause many failures w/ clone teks and thats if it ever produced something one could use free of contamination.

Flower's first misunderstanding is that you don't get contams from
the inside of the shroom, which is where you get the tissue when you
use a clone tek (should have read up on that Flower and you would have
understood what Rodger was alluding too. Rodger has a good
handle on this hobbie and anyone who is interested
should not only pay attention to what he says but also
check out what he is not saying, just like Hip and some
of the other very knowledgeable members here)
Any contams come only from the outside of a shroom, wild or cultured.
You clean the wild shroom, take a tissue sample from under the
skin of the shroom (in a sterile glove box as outlined in the teks)
and put that sample in your prepared dextrose/honey/karo(with NY) jar.
Then just before you remove some of the solution to shoot a jar
with you add a little h202, as suggested by Hippie in another thread.
The liquid culture itself won't prevent contams, but cleaning and
proper handling of the shroom/culture will go a long way in doing that.
Then, as Rodger suggests, grow out the "wild"(now cultured) shrooms
and take a print from them and continue on just like a cultured shroom.

Now going back to what Chester said:
"...i believe you can take spore prints out of wild mushies & make spore syringes & grow it just as you would from one from a vendor"

Now Flower seems to be totally confused about the source of contams when he says:
"If only it whir that simple the problem is contamination.The contamination may not be a problem outside but when one tries to take the wild mushroom into a controlled environment that contamination will become a problem"

What?
You have more contams to deal with inside than you do outside.
Once again any contams are on the outside of the shroom.
If you clean the top of the cap, just like taking a print from an
indoor mushie, and then put it on a card/foil base and cover it with a jar
to get your print your print should be clean and free of contams.
Or even use one of the print to liquid teks then you don't have to
worry about contams when making a syringe from a print.

I don't know about your experience Flower, but you need to ask questions
and then listen to what people are telling you, then see if they are
knowledgeable members here (use Keyword Search and you can search by author
to see what type of posts that the member has made in the past as a
good way to determine whether they are qualified to give suggestions)

Don't mean to rain on your parade man.
Hope this helps :)

power (Flower)
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 09:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it does indeed help.Thank you for the information.

What I'd like to do is make a tek such as the "tame a wild mushroom tek".A tek that is made up of all the best possible ways to do each step put together to make one tek used to tame a wild mushroom.

When putting together the "tame a wild mushroom tek" there was a ton of room left for ?'s and answers some of wich I'm not sure what would be the best answer I know where to begin with some answers but I wanted to keep the tek short & simple so I just gave the best simple answer I could think of it may not have been the best but I completed one draft of this "tame a wild mushroom tek" for all to read and maybee someone to re-write a better draft of this type tek.

Now is the time to learn how to do this from the best.

If spores do infact become "mushroom paraphanila" and are made illegal many people will be out of luck with mushroom projects.

If people learn how to "tame a wild mushroom" it would have no effect if spores whir made illegal one could not buy them but one could still get all the spores they could ever need.

If the spores are made illegal and one knows how to get spores still those spores will be worth much more then they are worth now (money wise).They would be gold.

If you grew mushrooms from those spores they would be one of a kind very hard to find.

back to my original ? here.

I'm trying to make a tek from the very best ways to do each step to make one tek for picking wild mushrooms and growing them for ever and ever.

The information here is super there is so mush (much)to choose from.Looking for a myco master to pick and choose & put together a single tek to pull this off.

Thank you for all the help & advice.

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 12:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even if spores become illegal in the US, there's always the Netherlands,
other countries that have legal spores. A print is so easy to
get across borders, it's not even a challenge.

Before you can write a "tame a wild shroom" tek, you must be able to
identify wild mushrooms, particularly LBM's, which is very difficult in itself, and
certainly has more potential danger than just growing 'em yourself from spore.

Taking spores from the wild and propagating them would be nifty if you were, say, Paul Stamets,
but it's easier for most folks just to grow 'em
from previously identified spores.

Nonetheless, if you're still interested, I'd just suggest going out and buying
the "Mushroom Cultivator" volumes I and II - it's all in there for the taking.

The cloning teks that exist in the archives pretty much cover all you need to know, as IMOK said.
The experts have already done all the work, it's just sitting there waiting for the intrepid
shroomer to read it up . . .

Nonetheless, spores are only illegal in 2 states, and there's plenty of Canadian
vendors that'll send to those states anyway.

Smart $ goes ahead and buys verified cubie spores while the gettin's good,
and knows what he grows . . .

jesus (Life)
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

soliver,
You're the guy who made a post about the iceland poppy producing high levels of codine where did you get that information??

in other words whats you're source of informtion??

Back on track now:

If mushroom spores are made illeagl the dea will have a much bigger problem on there hands that they can not controll the problem is kids picking and eating wild mushrooms thinking they are real verified cubie shrooms.Spores feed the intrest of these kids preenting them from picking & eating unsafe unknown wild ones.

Cygnus X 1 (Rufusdelta)
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 09:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really liked his own cycle idea of mushroom gathering, but really, anyone here has EXPERIENCE on domesticating and having SUCCESS at it????

The agar and petri dish was all too costy for me, I simply innoculated some good ol' PF cups!

Myco M. Maniac (Myco_Maniac)
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 09:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Life, those were some good points, good job looking one-step deeper! Were you Shroomin' at the time? ;)

Flower, You should definitely take a look in the archives, there's so much work thats been done here! I Guarantee you'll be very surprised!

Cheers!

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 03:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think power/flower and jesus/life are having and identity issue.

But you already know what I've said about Icelandic poppies.

I'm not quoting any sources, and you don't have to believe me if you don't
want to - I'm just telling you my experience - like everything said on this site,
nothing is guaranteed to be true. Take it or leave it, but at least be polite.

If you're that curious, I'll send you some seeds of each variety, and you can
grow them out and bio-assay them yourself.

Sol

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

boy they/he is sure on your ass about that.
i wouldn't give 'em the time of day personally.
you're kind to offer seeds.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as to taming a wild spore print.
this is nothing new.
the steps are quite basic and you're only going to run into problems if you stray too far off the beaten path.
first, you assume the spore sample is contam'd.
of course you make every effort to get a clean a print as possible, but under field coinditions it's pretty safe to assume some contams will get in.
so the first thing you must do is germinate it on a solid media.
folks use agar for a very good reason, namely it's not very appetizing to micro-organisms, and they are much slower growing on agar than otherwise.
one can use half pint jars as an acceptable substitute for petris but there is no good substitute for agar.
once the spores germinate on the agar, all work being done in a sterile environment from this point, one snags a tiny bit of mycellia from the cleanest best looking part of the petri and transfers that to some antibiotic/peroxidated agar.
the antibiotic/peroxide will help to further clean up the colony as it grows out.
then, you repeat the process, again snagging a good looking piece of rhizo mycellia for transfer, you want it as far away from any contams that might be present on the petri as possible.
the process of growing it out, and transfering, is repeated until you get some that grow out 100% clean.
yopu now have your basic culture from which you can procede to domesticate the strain.
to further select for better fruiting/growing substrains, begin growing out your new cultivar on various substrates and select the best examples to clone and propagate further until you get where you like what you see.

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 09:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just trying my hand at being a nice guy . . .

Not sure how it'll work out yet, lol...

Whoever he / she is, they're sure not checking back in regularly . ..

sol

power (Flower)
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

soliver,
Most if not all informtion found on this site can be found & backed up else where.The information you gave about the iceland poppy can not be found anywhere!

THanks for the information hip!

This is one type tek we need in the archives true the information is there but its not put together to make one tek we could call reference material.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 05:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flower, please don't use that term.
The mods/admin use it for maintenance reasons.
When you come up with something that is worthy to be archived
then it will be appended to the thread.
(I changed the term archive to reference, has the same meaning)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 12:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

power, i added a section under 'spores' in our archives detailing the procedure, thx for the suggestion.

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 04:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The info I gave re: the icelandic poppy can be found in your
post above,

"soliver,
You're the guy who made a post about the iceland poppy producing high levels of codine"

And again, I'll reiterate:

Icelandic poppies produce codiene.

I don't know what else you need to know. They grow just like any other flower,
the pods are too small for lancing, so you've got to make tea from them.
It takes anywhere from 5-20 pods for a good cup, depending on potency and pod size.

They're quite attractive and there are NO legal restrictions on growing them
anywhere in the US.

Enjoy,

sol

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 03:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When collecting spores from wild mushrooms, there is a proven method for cleaning them up for inoculation.
Go here to learn how.....slp/fmrc
http://www.mushroomsfmrc.com/cgi-bin/webc/dg_show.html?p_comid=2.00000046&p_return_url=p%5fallcat%3d1&sid=8zA28y0lsHgE4JU-17103358129.40

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 11:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's pretty clever, using micron filters to strain out everything above and below a certain size so only the spores which are the right size get thru.
how big are cubensis spores,
and where does one find micron filters of such specific filtration sizes ?

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 01:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A micron filter of 10 or 11 microns will filter P. cubensis (10-17 X 7-10 microns). I have used this technique for the last 25 years to clean spores collected from the wild. As for where to get these filters and the syringe filter holder, you need to read the entire link I posted....grin. It states at the end FMRC carries them, and has for the past 18 years. slp/fmrc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 01:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
my bad, i should have known.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

reshroomED (Reshroomed)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 09:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just read of this myself recently.
Make's me feel stupid not to have thought of it before.
ed

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 03:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

agreed, sounds pretty simple once pointed out.

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 05:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, sort of explains why it is me who sits behind this desk at FMRC, and why none of the spore syringe dealers never had a clue. But don't worry, as soon as this word gets out, the others will repeat it and use it themselves as if it was their own work....never giving FMRC the credit. But the readers here will know. For some other interrestesting reading on this subject, go
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic};f=8;t=000719
slp/fmrc
(imok - try http://tinyurl.com/fl3h but you have to login :))

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 05:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somthing was lost in that go to paste...try this
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000719

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 05:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, that did not work either???
Fug, I'll try posting the thing here.....grin
slp/fmrc
+++++

What level of contam reduction will this method achieve?
What would you think? If it filters out all sizes except the size of your wanted spores.......hell, it is absolute! As far as learning about new things in mushroom chat rooms, it is my experience all the information is old. At least to me it is. I mean think about this. Ps. cubensis is one of the easiest mushrooms of all to grow. Some guy grows them, and suddenly he opens a spore syringe store, and presents himself as some expert. He comes up with no new ideas, but he appeals to the masses. This actually hurts the true mycological researchers, their funding is stopped, while funding is increased for the new experts....who by the way, use the techniques developed by the real researchers, making it look like they have come up with everything. This will eventually take out the researchers who keep new ideas coming. What does this leave? People who really know nothing, except how to grow one of the easiest mushrooms using other's techniques. Whenever these new experts do come up with something, it is something they read about like at FMRC's site. But they don't give any credit. They put it out like they have done it. Once again, hurting the financial support of the real researcher. Take my word for it, as the word gets out about the micron filter idea of cleaning spores, you will start to see others using it. No where will they mention it came from FMRC. This has been a long time pattern, and is the number one reason why I only release small amounts of information out on my site and in chat rooms like this. I learned a long time ago, if you put something out on the net, you might as well place it in public domain, and never expect to get the credit for it. As far as slow response in FMRC's discussion room, the same reasoning is behind this. Why go there? The Hawks Eye, The Little Guy, Ralphsters, Erowid and others....this is where the real cutting edge stuff is.....Right? Good Lord, give me a break. But, at last, this is just how it is. If it were not for the fact that I am independently wealthy, I could not survive and continue my research. Without people like me, where would these others be? Mushroom John, if you read this, perhaps you would like to comment on how others do this same thing with your work and culture isolations. Gets pretty frustrating doesn't it? slp/fmrc

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 12:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stephen:

Any way you can email me a list of available spores, etc, from FMRC?
Thanks,

soliver at ziplip.com

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 12:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i hear ya, syephen.
even worse than getting no credit,
being villified and crucified by the masses for helping.
i know i've been there, as have you and mj et al.
what i've learned is to just let the ego go,
and do my work anyway, credit or not.
i see you doing the same, mj too.

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm. I'm sure we're all glad that you are independently wealthy. but you know something Stephan, the person that would tell me about a certain tek. is just as, if not more important than the person who wrote it. esp. if the person who wrote it shoved their pompus ass in my face. I'd rather get it from the guy smiling at me saying, "here have this i hope it furthers your efforts in whatever you choose to do." you know i really think that the info is great and an awesome idea, kinda like the bubble hash idea with the screens. And i'm sure all the info at FMRC is truely spectacular. but it was your attitude that prompted me to post. It sux. i mean you are independently wealthy what do you need credit for? so you can pat youself on the back at night or what? The pompus assholes of this hobby make me sick.

faht

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

c'mon, faht.
be nice.
any problem stephen has,
is stephen's.
let him worry about it,
while you tend after your own.
that's my view.
no need to insult anyone,
even if they aren't your kind.
just makes matters worse.
it takes all kinds,
and men without huge ego's are few and far between,
it's no surprise if stephen or anyone else desires a bit of credit for their ideas.
perfectly normal, human nature.
so i guess is the instinct to dislike anyone
we perceive as putting on airs.
but i do ask that even if you do not much care for a fellow member here, please refrain from causing a commotion. stephen's going to want to respond to that 'pompous asshole' remark, he'll proly call you an equally bad name and it just goes downhill from there. just ignore the ones here you don't like, and try to keep a positive spin on things for the good of the community.
thx.

fahtphish (Fahtphish)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah i'm sorry, my appologies to you too stephan. I go overboard sometimes. that "pompus asshole" remark wasn't really towards you stephan, others i met long ago far away. it really isn't a pompus thing to want credit. it is your blood sweat and tears. thats what the hmm. in the beginning was for. I agree with you on many levels it was just something sparked something in me and when that happens it's really hard for me to stop until i have finishied my thought. Again i apologize.

faht

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 05:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

soliver at ziplip.com
I will try sending FMRC's Mushroom Spore Bank Listing to [email protected]
As for the other postings, I no longer beat dead horses.
Want to read the truth about slp? Go to www.entheogen.com - mushroom - and read "A close encounter of the Lepiota"
And Hippie, you might enjoy going to the same place and reading "Obtaining Clean Sterile Mushroom Spores"
Read all the postings to make sure you read the one I want you to see.
Soliver, you have mail. After looking it over, post back in your own words how FMRC compares to Spore Syringe Dealers. slp/fmrc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's a pretty big site and i didn't see the search engine, where would i look for that article as i didn't see it from the front page ?

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 04:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Hip, nevermind.
And Stephen, I removed my edit from your post since it was wrong.
Sorry I couldn't help :(
:)

Stephen L. Peele (Fmrc)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 06:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The post I wanted Hippie to see was not at my site, but at Entheogen.com grin Perhaps it is just easier to place the thing here.

"I noticed that you posted this link at Mycotopia and Hippie3 replied that it was going into their archives. I'm sure that, if you check, you will be given full credit for the idea. +++++ Yes, he probably will. He is not in the group of spore syringe dealers I mentioned. He has always given me credit for my material. He is the main reason I even visit and post at the said site, because in my opinion, he is one of the few who even try to display an air of professionalism. slp/fmrc"
...... Is it just me, or is everybody else seeing the Hip Head getting bigger? Whatever the case, it was a post from true feelings. Glad you decided to stick around after all the PF scare. slp/fmrc

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 07:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW Hip, there is a search, at the top right of the page.
But you have to sign in first before you can use it :(

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 11:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i try not to let my ego get in the way of doing my work here.
i mean, isn't getting rid of the ego one of the key points behind shroomin' ?
i'll look again, imok,
i was at the right site though,
not that stoned.

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the mail, Stephen! I'm actually looking for a good oyster mushroom
print for cultivation purposes. I'll have to take some time with your
site and then I'll make an order. The prices certainly are better than any other
spore vendor I've seen, and getting spores over someones' 5th generation spawn will be nice!

Hip - loss of ego and magnification of the id is what fuels my growing habits.
Sometimes the id gets away from me, runs around naked,
and I have to chain it to the front porch.
Pity.

Thanks all,

Soliver

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: