Mj in greenhouse Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Mj in greenhouse Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 03, 2003myco domesticusmyco domesticus20 1 07-03-03  01:50 am
Archive through August 02, 2003Hippie3Derek20 1 08-02-03  09:54 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the results so far...
a few shots from a top from the middle of the plant (afghan x white widow), from the 3 girls only one is ok , so next time i'll look for a strain with more uniform growth , i'm thinking of nl 5 x haze from sensiseeds or jack herer also from same vendor

detail 1

detail 2

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, that's great looking.
should be killer weed.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want some of that

Roc

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 11:28 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i had a weird time lately...i cut some tips from time to time ,starting bottomtops ,i used the same method for drying : oven at 100°c for 10-15 min.the smoke is harsh of course because of the forced drying,anyway until yesterday i felt something but very faint, but i felt good so nothing special ,a few days i was getting afraid there was something wrong with me and that i could not get high anymore ,lol ,i swear it's a scary feeling ,yesterday i went to visit some oletimes friends and we dried some tops ,it felt great :pure cerebral high ,good mood ,been laughing a lot , free associations ,excellent high i would say , wished i could share a smoke with U2 ,collegues explorers
Patience is indeed a wonderful thing

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 01:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's a trick.
in raw weed,
the thc is mostly tied up, chemically, with water molecules and so won't get you high.
a fast oven [or microwave] dry will get budz dry enough to smoke, but you'll still be missing out on maximum potency as much of the thc is still bound up and therefore inactive.
it takes time for the thc to lose its' attached water molecules, several weeks, so i advise a nice slow dry for both maximum potency and flavor.

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i know , but some occasions i like to have a good smoke to share , with this heatwave going on everything dries out at a high rate and the spidermite plague makes me want to harvest asap so i can clean out the floweringroom ,the maincolas will have time to cure so it can express the best of itself ,should be great from what i felt thus far

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this phenomenon i'm refering to isn't exactly quite the same thing as 'drying'. that is, the plant material can seem perfectly dry yet much of it's thc will still yet be inactive.
only time or high heat can do the rest of the job,
and of course one should avoid high heat as the thc will degrade.
once dry, the budz will still slowly climb in potency over the next 6-8 weeks. so it's best to save as much as possible until that time.

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 10:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

meanwhile at the ok corral the hawaiians are slowly getting in preflowering mode

complete

datail 1

datail 2

can't wait for that moment of thruth
who's a girl and who's a boy

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 12:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

look at the nodes for preflowers [tiny white hairs in a V shape] for early sign of fems.
males generally indicate 1st by several days.
good luck.
bon chance.

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by the looks it seems the girls will be in the majority and big mammas, thus far only one possible boy in the company , one of the two that was eaten by slugs a while back and from whom only one stem rised high enough , lookin good

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is some vibrant green, very beautiful. I dont know if its your camera or what but it looks almost surreal. Have fun smoking that shit! lol

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weed green is the most beautiful color green there is. Not just because it's weed, anyone who's seen plants in their prime will vouch. Surreal is the perfect word for it.

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 11:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a few update pics...
batguano dissolved in water is used for extra feeding

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Intermediate Member
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 10:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In horse vernacular, Roy has always 'given me my head,' and I have tried to do the same for him."
Dale Evans, wife of cowboy star Roy Rogers

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6489
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 11:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

about time for an update...

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 515
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 11:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well on the way...
Upload
Upload
Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 6938
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks nice & healthy.

Post Number: 516
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the last pic is from that girl that was bitten by snails early in her development ,i left her there since there was nothing better to replace her ,lol , the smell is mango-like ,very fruity smell, that small one is faster in finishing her floweringperiod
i find it a pity that i can't use lights for a few weeks to really finish 'em off , weather is turning cold rapidly now and it rains a lot so not much light during the daytime
never smoked this strain so i'm in for a surprise good or bad although by the look of it ,bad doesn't seem to be an option

Jater Noslo (Dastats)
Username: Dastats

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 07:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sativa?

If so whut kin my man?

Peace

jater

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 6999
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i find it a pity that i can't use lights for a few weeks to really finish 'em off
why is that, if i might ask ?
you can use supplemental lighting,
as long as you don't interrupt the required dark cycle.

Post Number: 528
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jater , it's hawaiian x skunk from positronics
Most is harvested , the mold was setting in rather suddenly so time for action , sticky smelly buds , should keep me busy for a while :-) i'll let you know in some weeks how they smoke ,they are drying on screens , air no heat,overall a good growing experience and a good cropper :-) the skunk part surely makes the buds a nice size , now just waiting for the quality and i might have another fav for greenhouse and outside (the year b4)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: