Côte d' azure Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Côte d' azure Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 02, 2003myco domesticusmyco domesticus10 1 07-02-03  02:09 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 03:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did you know they used to use willow water as an analgesic like aspirin ?

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 01:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes , i think it was willow that lead to the invention of aspirin ,same properties
here some action shots from a pasteurization

hazlewood branches

the leaves were removed and the smallest twigs discarded , the next 3 pics are the cutting of the wood

cutting hazle 1

cutting hazle 2

cutting hazle 3

the bags were filled...

bags filled with hazle

and this is the bag from the willow cut the day before , red spots everywhere , some kind of bleeding it looks

bags filled with willow

the bags are ready for pasteurization

bags ready

this here is the pasteurizer and the water i keep using over and over , it gets darker each time

pasteurizer and liquid

the pasteurizer was then filled

pasteurizer filled

and ready

pasteurizer ready

these were the settings on the machine

pasteurizer settings

this is the maximum temp (°c) of the thermometer

max temp

and this was the pasteurizing temp

pasteurizing temp

oh and this is elixier myc that suddenly decided to grow on cardboard

cardboard

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 03:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

masterfully presented,
a photo documentary.
this will prove most helpful to many.
thx for your time and effort in sharing.

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 07:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that fancy coloration on the willow was all gone today , making it harder to determine what was willow and what was hazle
the spawnbags were cut with cizzors ,cleaned with alcohol and the top of the bag also cleaned with alcohol
the spawn flipped into the bags with woodchips
the bags were sealed with impulse sealer , the spawn was given a gentle massage to seperate the inoculated woodchips and mixed with the new woodchips and put to rest , some in darkness , some in the light , to see if one place goes better

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 11:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that'll be interesting.
popular opinion is it goes faster in dark
but i've seen little evidence of that claim.

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Willow is a nono for spawnmaking , the hazle was colonized nicely in the dark while the willowbags showed only growth at the top of the already colonized spawn so the willows will only be used now for rooting and improving seedgrowth from the non-fungi
At some outside patch i met 2 nice frogs guarding the place , they eat a lot of small insects . A friend i've lived with for a while from aruba told me over there the frogs are kept in the garden and are regarded highly because if you are nice to them they bring you luck , i loved those stories from aruba full of magic and and even if they don't have scientific proof they still show a close relationship with the surrounding nature , something i can advise to everybody
love to you all , may the frogs guard u well

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 11:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey frogs are cool.
but all amphibians are endangered by the ozone depletion, frog birthrates are dropping world-wide while harmful mutations sky-rocket. a few more years and frogs may well be a thing of the past. so guard well your treasures there.

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 12:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'bout 2 weeks ago a trial was made from astoria/hazle spawn , some twigs were put in rubbermaid container mixed with woodcurls from what i think is pine and put in the shade covered with the lid, they look promising to produce sufficient spawn for patches

astoria on woodcurls 1

astoria on woodcurls 2

astoria on woodcurls 3

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

now this is a task requiring real patience.
two weeks to get a few threads.

glad things look to be progressing well,
and thx for sharing again.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 04:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

any progress ?

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 09:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the myc from the last pics was agressive , but then i've read that woodshavings do that in the beginning but then loose vitality so i've been cutting some aldertwigs and put 'em inside for faster colonisation
a mulched pad next to it is watered daily but everytime i go into the garden birds have been digging inside the path , although by now there shouldn't be any grain left inside , i hope they aren't after the mushroomsmell from the myc
some other containers are filled as well to see how fast it will be colonised but i'm still waiting the results
i've found some poo and it looked like it got myc inside , it could come from some mold on berries the birds eat as well , these birds are a pain in the ass for mycoprojects and the irregular shapes of the path make it impossible to work with nets to keep 'em out , still have a good feeling about it , hoping next year mycpatches can be transferred to other outside locations in the wild ,thus helping to make the global myc network denser to help secure its survival for the future.
also lost track of the 3 different varieties of azures (mushmush , astoria ,elixier)
can't hurry nature ,so will have to live with it

foshizzo (Foshizzo)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 05:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im glad there are folks like you
out there giving mother nature
a hand... keep up the good work!

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 09:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2 shots from azure mycelium colonizing freshly cut alder , untreated , after a few days

azuremyconalder1

azuremyconalder2
Has anyone tried maple yet ?

Dell500 (Dell500)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's awesome. :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

those kinda jars work well for you ?

Skippy the Pirate (Skippy)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 04:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If noone ever pioneered like this, we'd all spend most of our time (or at least more of it) out in cow pastures rooting through handfulls of $#!T.

Keep up the good work Myco!

-Skip

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: