Archive through July 03, 2003 Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Mj in greenhouse Archive through July 03, 2003 Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hawaiian x skunk

great weather

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just getting going good,
she looks healthy.

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i started 5 seeds inthere , 2 plants were documented earlier about the slugs problems , from the 2 , one has really recovered ,but looking at them regularly i would say the one on the pic is one of the girls , based on their growth patterns
my widows ,also started 5 seeds had 3 girls out of 5 ,a normal average imo ,but these are grown under hps lamps so i don't take pics anymore ,nearly impossible to get the pics right ,from the 3 girls i can see they all have a different growthpattern (f1) but i was lucky enough to clone the best of the 3 ,this way combining vegetative growth in greenhouse with blooming under hps to minimize my electricity bill, they are afghani x white widow and the reason i grew this strain is i considered it a good compromise between time of growing , quality :i prefer high to stoned , height ;3 feet and a half
i wasn't able to pollinate them , once i have my stash , i wanna look into the sativas , like i said before high is the thing for me , i don't have much time for couching and loooooove the creative nature of sativas , probably i'll go for thais or leda uno or something along these lines in thefuture
btw can anyone tell me about the effects of the mythical acapulco gold ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 03:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
only had it a few times, i remember buying 3 ounces right around christmas of around '75, i think, pretty yellow weed, great for that time, but you gotta consider it was just good mexican, it can't really compete with today's sinse-kind bud like your white widow-afghan cross.
there were better even then, some of the two best i ever ran across was vietnamese and jamaican.
i tell you, that jamaican made you laugh like shrooms do and the viet was guaranteed to make you want to lay down.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 06:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Early 70's hitchiking, pickedup by stranger, smoked viet weed with stranger, got out on my corner, he went other direction, I sat on the corner and couldn't move, paralisis sat in, city bus just about runs over me, crawled on the next bus like 2 freakin hours later... never smoked ANY weed like it since.

Roc

inexorable (Inexorable)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 06:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Hip, What strain were Thai sticks made of?? If the stories are true, that stuff should really beat out any widow hybrid as far as kb goes..

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 08:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thai sticks were made from thai weed, and were often opiated [dipped in opium].
it's true that thai was pretty much 1 toke shit,
3 hits and you were laid back melting.
it was pretty expensive for that day, a single stick weighed about an eighth ounce and sold for about $15 a stick, whereas reg weed was like $15 an ounce.
but i grew out some seeds from a few sticks, and it wasn't as strong without the opium dip.
so i'd still have to say most modern sensi-kind bud is at least equal if not higher in thc content to the best of the old strains.

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 06:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

these thai sticks were one of the strongest that crossed my path , so the opium dip would explain for the paralyzing effect ? anyway strong stuff , one toke and your cement , whatever position you're in prepare to stay like that for a while ;-) , exellent against stress lol

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a bud from the bottom of the afghan widows
bud from bottom

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 12:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she's just a baby, prematurely ripe, no swollen seed pods visible.
the lower buds often do that long before the rest of the plant is ready.

and yes, opiated weed definitly has a couch-lock going on.
i once smoked some weed that'd been dusted in heroin,
my lips went numb as did my tongue, i could barely walk, got so stoned that when i went to leave, i pulled open the door without bothering to unlatch the chain and ended up ripping the entire door molding/trim off the wall, it hung by its' chain from the now open door as i stood all slack-jawed in amazement. needless to say, my connection was none too pleased.

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 08:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone noticed that seeds from hermaphrodite females always come up female? That was a pleasant discovery I made once. Grew my own 100% female seeds.

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 09:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not always true..

depends on if the hermie was female or male to begin with.. all about genetics
if it was female to begin with it can only pass on female genetics (X chromasome) even if it hermies and produces pollen.

if it was a male plant that hermied then it can still produce male offspring.

if you have a female that hermied and let out pollen and it landed on a male that hermied and made a seed, it could _then_ be male as well.. i suppose if you have a male that pollinates a male hermie then you will get all males.. all depends on genetics.

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 09:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

at any rate this is how seed companies garauntee all female plants.. the force a female to hermie and collect the pollen for that purpose.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 11:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not exactly.
that's how they used to do it,
but hermie seeds give hermie children,
and one male flower can ruin a couple acres of good sinse crop.
these days they use a chemical treatment to get all-female seeds that are not hermie.
and a wise grower will avoid any hermie strain like the plague.

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 11:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

from my understanding (i have never done this mind you, actually never grown pot because i don't own a house so don't have the room) the goal is to force a normally non-hermie strain into being a hermie by messing with the light schedule etc... obviously if you had a strain you just couldn't get to hermie it would be ultimately better to use that strain overall tho.. i would probably just do SOG or SCROG anyways. i've heard some keeping their mamas alive for years.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you are correct. it can be done a number of different ways. and some events in nature, such as shorter days, can trigger hermis.
as a female ages, and doesn't get pollenated yet is still flowering, the longer time goes by the more likely it is that she'll pop up a few male flowers in an attempt to self-pollenate and thus reproduce.
i've seen it happen many times as a crop gets close to full maturity. fortunately if you're alert, you can minimize the damage by picking before the seeds begin to form.

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've been studying how to grow pot since i was like 14 years old.. one of these days when i get a chance to plant my victory garden it should be great :). my first book on it was Grow Yer Own Stone, i believe by marc emery of all people.. that book even smelled like pot. one of these days...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

head for the mountains or the bush.
you get the great outdoors,
free sun and water,
and don't have to live
with a felony grow op in your home.
container gardening in the deep outback,
and that's guaranteed to be somewhere close in america, is the way to grow, imo.

Mod Maliki (Maliki)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im just getting mine started . Its my first real garden . I just brought them in from out in the back . For ther first prune to split them . They seem to be doing realy nice . Now into my closet for sexing . Once the females are gone there going
to be put outside again . Im starting my Scrog cabinet over again to acomadate the new 400 watt MH I figure 400 watts for 3 square feet with scrog
method should do me just fine... :)

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 01:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just one i picked to try out , the bottom tops are the first ones maturing while the uppertop is just starting to show white hairs , since this strain is new to me i have no real idea about the ideal harvesttime but it looks like harvesting bits by bits as they mature will be the best to do , also when harvesting a bit before full maturity it is said that the ratio thc to cbs (?) is higher than at full maturity so giving a more headhigh so i do some testing to determine a good moment to harvest , love testing