mushmush kit results Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] mushmush kit results Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my case i have to agree with popular opinion ; the ones in the dark really goes faster , but to tell the truth there is more than one parameter changed in the setup with light as it is also warmer in there . In the warmer place i have more probs with trich

Big thanks again to hippie3 and the people at mushmush for the kit .Brought it to my dutch friends who will take care

some pix of the kit

kit

kit top

kit and capsule

when the white dot at the top is pushed a lightblue capsule is released into the substrate ,
the instructions are here

instructions

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 01:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool, you got it then.
looks pretty nifty.

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 07:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The substrate looked like ryegrassseed and at the bottom it looked more like dung , the dung made it a bit more difficult to shake well.
Development and results will be documented asap.
I didn't find it a good idea to document the container it came in for obvious reasons.

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 07:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

myc spots at 4 days ! The weather is helping too

16th of july

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 12:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

any idea as to 'strain'?

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no , it's not mentioned , but the whole process being sterile , it should be possible to get clean prints of 'em to see if they do well without casing in a homemade invitro cultivation . Anyway , it looks promising , that kit i mean , the place to push to release the spores is called the emergencybutton by my friends who take care of the kit , lol.
what strains can fruit without casing invitro ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 02:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not many fruit well invitro without casing,
south americans are one of the few i've seen do it.
but in this kit perhaps the dung component will act similar to the verm in a pf cake, as an internal casing.
in that case it could be almost any strain.

Cozmic (Cozmic)
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 09:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or you could put the mystery behind you... contact Mush Mush, and ask them what strain they use in their Instant Mushroom kit.

But I thought this thread was about Azure's anyway. lol

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

you could put the mystery behind you... contact Mush Mush, and ask them what strain they use in their Instant Mushroom kit

why didn't i think of that ?
but it's myco's thread so he can talk about what he chooses i reckon.
but i tell you what, i'll move the kit posts into a subtopic.

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 08:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for putting some order in the chaos , lol , i guess i can send them an email and ask about the strain , i'll do that and see what happens

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 10:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just received a reply from mushmush, they say they'll want to keep it a secret for a while , so the ingredients in the substrate will remain secret also i think for a while
some pics 2 days ago :

july 21

july 21 b

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
a 'secret' huh ?
hmmmm.

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the first fruitbodies are visible now at the top of the substrate , very small still
i didn't check on 'em everyday as they seemed to be stalling a bit , i guess they do prefer to grow behind your back ,lol

fruiting 1

fruiting 2

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

excellent, they'll be pleased that it worked,
as am i and, no doubt, you.
thx for updating us again.

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

come on baby let the good times roll (jimmy hendrix) , delighted indeed...maybe i ran out of bad luck
about the strain , on their site (mushmush) they have pix from cambodians fruiting invitro and there is no casing either, i give up guessing and set up some experiments in due time -) prints ,tissue clone -) invitro

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cambo's might be a pretty good guess,
he does seem to like/use it alot.

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some update pics
i think the growth would have been faster if there hadn't been a heatwave ;noticed some blueing of myc at the top during the hottest period

a

b

c

Cygnus X 1 (Rufusdelta)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there you go!!!
Looking lovely!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 04:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not too bad,
at all, slow but steady,
the invitro way.

Zap (Zap)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 05:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

question, can that be dunked? or is it one flush thing? looking good!

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it will shrink and then can be used like any other cakes ,anyway i'll take prints and tissue to keep it alive and kickin

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 10:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ho silver !
massive cube attack

up 1

up 2

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, quite a growth spurt.
lookin' good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: