OK I'll show ya my rack!: Greenhouse ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. OK I'll show ya my rack!: Greenhouse Design Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 20, 2003RocRoc10 1 07-20-03  03:47 am
Archive through July 23, 2003RocRoc10 1 07-23-03  01:11 am
Archive through July 24, 2003RocRoc10 1 07-24-03  12:12 am
Archive through July 24, 2003Hippie3Highflyer10 1 07-24-03  06:31 pm
Archive through July 26, 2003Rocridder10 1 07-26-03  05:47 pm
Archive through August 04, 2003RocBlodwen_110 1 08-04-03  03:45 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I luv the Thai Lipa strain... buzz of their own imo.

Roc

Dell500 (Dell500)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Roc, nice pics. I was wondering if that Vicks cool mist worked for that terrarium. I have the same setup, but with a bigger resevoir (modded kaz). I was going to setup something elaborate like PVC piping on all racks and tyvek on the bottom. Just wanting thoughts from people who have birthed and gotten fruits, as this is my first time doing a big operation such as a greenhouse. Thanks. Peace.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what timer interval did you finally end up setting on your humidifier anyway, roc ?

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dell500 - "such as a greenhouse" do you mean equal to the space of a green house, or larger then a terraium set-up?

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dell500 I have found the coolmist to work well with both the rubbermaid terraium and the rack. I found out the hard way that the cycle is much diff between the two... I run 15min every 4hrs on my rubbermaid and have found I need to run 15min every 1hrs with the rack. Keep in mind too that if you are doing cakes your better off with the smaller rubbermaid setup imo. The cased trays don't need the high level of humidity that cakes do and the cased trays contribute to the humidity in the rack.
I'll try to get some better pics of "Roc's Chamber" since the one in the archives are so shitty. You can see I did the pvc pipe thing with it but so far my lazy ass has just poked a tube in the rack for air distribution. I'll update the rack soon cause I am going to have to stuff it full due to overlap on a second flush of eq's and my horse shit trays.

Roc

Dell500 (Dell500)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 07:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right-o.
Blodwen: the space of a 4 tier greenhouse.

Roc: What would be the best bet for putting the tube in the greenhouse.. top?? middle?? or something else?? :) Much thanks. Peace.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 11:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

top middle so it'll spred out uniformly

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I poked mine in the rack about midway and then the tube extends up and the air flow kinda rolls off the top drifting down both sides.

Roc

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 03:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definately a job for the coolmist humidifier. I don't use one personally, I have a much larger system, which requires more power!!! I've done the coolmist deal however, works like a charm. I like my tube coming in from the top with a drip tray to catch all water making the coolmist circulate like an entrainment system. Mist hits the plate and deflects in two different directions.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 12:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a bad idea Blodwen... my thinkin was for no drippin, everything runs back down the tube back to the coolmist.

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 02:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm with blowden too on this,
vent it from the top,
facing down towards a bowl/drip tray.
that way the vapor can condense a bit more before it spreds out, trapping much of the excess.

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, and since you both like my opinion on this. Get this one I came up with two weeks ago.
My rack system has adjustable shelving with top narrow room, just enough room to put a drip tray, not to much room for growth. So instead I invitro the upper vacant space, I also invitro through out any spaces inbetween my casing containers. I always have some because the invitros are seperately enclosed (no spread of trich) and at a different harvest rate.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post a pic Blodwen

Roc

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 01:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have issues with posting tons of pics, besides hogging server space. Turth is I've only got a bunch of jars spread out, my casing of cloned coir verm are just pinning. My other issue is I'd like to keep my system descreet for certain reasons. coir

When my system gets a little more full, I'll pull the lens shot back a little

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 01:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you could jam another rack or supported plastic egg crate right under the arch/peak of you're rack system Roc, you could invitro with upside down jars, using the jars with the convex? bottoms to catch the water/air flow. Imagine 50 jars upside down with convex? bottoms, the moisture pooling on the tops of the jars, little Minnie drip bowls, harvesting 6-7grams per invitro.

You could grow you're shit in jars, invitro with a casing layer, clone and knock up you're identical casings. Or just the ol' fashion way BRF.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 03:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I respect your concerns and appreciate your input.

Thanks
Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 02:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

of course,
one would want to remove any 'captured' accumulated water ASAP from the grow chamber to minimize risks of infections.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After the loss of 2 of 5 to the green meanie this is what the 3 trays of EQ 2nd flush look like...

2ndEQ1

2ndEQ2

2ndEQ3

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree with Hippie that EQ's are on the favs list.

Roc

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can get an inline humidistat for the humidifier from greenhouse supply places. Set it at 85% and forget it. Works much better than a timer. Also, you can get cheap $30 digital timers from Lowes that can be set for 20 or more on off cycles per day. They work great for a hepa filtered supply fan. Mine comes on for 5 minutes, on the top of every other hour. That works for air exchange, and the humidistat keeps it at a perfect 85%. I can leave for several days at a time without worry.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

an inline humidistat is fairly pricey, though, $90+.
and requires a bit of wiring to install.

glad to hear you like the eq, roc, they are a great strain. get prints and spred the love.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the input roger! I did have problems when I setup the rack... first attempt to dry, not enough air flow and I lost 2 trays to the green spots. Second attempt I ran the coolmist 15 min on the hour and managed the first flush. Third adjustment was to go 15min every two hours with a hand mist every couple of days and it seems to be the best for this setup.
I'll be checkin into the humidistat thing...

Roc

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hippie I do like the EQ's and I'll send ya some prints down the road and ya can use them as payment back to the community.

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be cool.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: