Glove box idea (pics) Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Gloveboxes & Flowhoods. Glove box idea (pics) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 07:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I needed this for something perhaps unrelated to fungi.. i am a curious fellow you know :) (and a bit tipsy but what is wrong with that?)

at any rate my design addition here is the use of old plastic containers as "cuffs" to ease in the use of the gloves.. i am going to let the pics do the talking:

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 07:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the "glossy stuff is silicone sealant (for aquariums).. the gloves were glued to the containers using superglue before the container/glove combo was glued to the glovebox, the holes in the obx were first measured with the "cuffs" after the bottoms were cut out with an exacto-knife. this box is not yet tested as it is drying.. will be tested in the next week, however the fit is snug so i am expecting no probs :).

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 07:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey hip if ya want move this to the photo gallery as i wasn't thinking much (like i said, good ole so-co.. yumm) when i posted it here.

Natura (Natura)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is nice detail for DIYing GB. COOL.

N+

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 12:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've done much similar using the big gulp quik trip cups as 'cuffs' like that.
nice illustrations,
archive material

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thx natura, hip!
actually the reason i took pics in the first place is i didn't see what i was looking for in the archives as far as pics go and figured why the hell not :).

the only downside i've noticed so far is the gloves being a snug fit make it hard to get your hands in without moving the box around.. of course i've only tried it once since it's dried (this morning) just to verify the sealant held (it did, marvelously).. ultimately the cuffs did help a LOT in getting my hands in and out of the box, as well as giving me a place to rest my arms without cutting off nerves or cirulation from the hole in the box in the first place. all in all mostly positive.

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw that spread is a garlic and herb cheese spread made by Trader Joes.. fucking DELICIOUS.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moving this to fungi since it is a tek not just pics :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good idea

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds good to me imok, wow an official tek

btw hip, i miss QT a lot since i moved west.. a common convenience store / gas station in the midwest... awesome selection for the picky stoner, and the first with huge drinks and reusable cups with cheaper refills.. so many hot summer days that QT made bearable with a 64oz soda. never could stand that dog lamar tho :)

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump :)

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what the hey, might as well bump my own thread :)

BUMP

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: