Ganja strains : misty - growlog Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Ganja strains : misty - growlog Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A new project is started , misty from cannabis seedbank amsterdam...
In an attempt to take advantage of the sunlight , i started 5 misty's so that they can grow up in the greenhouse till big enough for their 12 hrs light cycle , have to reread some info on the strain , since i never grew this strain before . They pop up nicely as u can see

misty's pop up

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you'll run into one problem,
right now, as you proly already know,
the days are already getting shorter.
[assuming you're in the northern hemisphere.]
that will confuse the seedlings,
which are expecting the days to be getting longer,
as it does in spring.
they will not grow properly, but will instead eventually attempt to bloom, even if only a few inches tall.
then when you move them inside, they'll get even more confused and you get funny growth patterns, weird leaves and eventually it'll settle back into regular vegetative growth but in the meantime you'll have wasted several weeks as it goes thru the changes.
so my advice is to either add supplemental lighting in the greenhouse to extend the daylight hours [problematic if you have flowering plants nearby] or move them inside now and give them nice long days and short nights until you're ready to flower them.

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the longest daytime in here is at 21 june and it is 16hrs and 45 min
houston , we have a problem ! (lol)
have to rethink it over , i find limited info on 'misty'. I was searching to find out how many weeks to grow in the veg stage ,thinking 1 month might be enough and i could get away with it , but maybe i'll just make a temp room ,since i have the lights ready
damn hip3 , hate to tell you this time but you're right again :)
from what i've seen and read about misty it's worth the try anyway ,might as well go for it

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 05:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i hate to be right, too
but it beats being wrong.

i wouln't go less than 6 weeks as a veg stage.

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 12:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

after about a week of construction the vegroom is about ready to go , a vent needs to be placed , some holes filled , where the light still shines through and some minor improvements , the size is 1 mtr long, 1 mtr wide and 2 mtrs high ( 1 mtr = more or less 3 feet and 4 inches )
the stems are getting a bit too long so they are transferred to their final square plastic pots and part of the stem is buried in the soil so they'll stand firmly . As i will still have plenty of free space , (5 plants only) , i plan on putting san pedros inside too to give them a good lightboost
will take pics later when it is less hectic .

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 12:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you see the stems streching
then they aren't getting enough light intensity.

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 11:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

workin on it...

shiva

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 12:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well , the room isnot finished but operative enough for the moment...it still needs some airinlet ,at the moment only an outlet is functional and a windblower is used during the daytime
i am scared to use anything with a motor in it , while i'm away for fear of firehazard ,once the motor is burning it will keep burning even if the electricity shuts down in a few secs after it starts burning , at the moment the 2 wires make short circuit
can someone explain how to insert a glassbulb type fuse into the circuit to prevent overheating as to minimize firehazards ? would give me a lot more peace of mind
light 18 hrs on ,400 watt hps

misty in here 2

misty in here 1

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 01:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd put everything electric on power strips with breakers in-line, and spred out the heavy load on more than one to keep heat low.
i'd raise those plants up [on a table] or lower that light about 2 feet.
the higher the light intensity, the better.
those stems still look pretty streched out,
that can cause problems down the road.
so get them as close as you can without scorching the tips.

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lowered the light to approx. 2 ft and a half from the plants
for some weeks already there is a heatwave in europe , last time like this was in the 1920's ! in the growingroom hottest until now is about 32°c

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we just set a new record for the driest july,
only ~.1 inch of rain the entire month
very hot too.
cannabis takes the heat well, within limits of course, as long as it gets plenty of water.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

104 Record day here yesterday...

Roc

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lowered the light today ,they are 2 ft from the plants now and they seem to take it well , the vent provides a soft breeze that should cause their roots to become more developed , looks like they'll go fine now ,despite their stems a bit too long for the moment

update

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

might be wise to prepare a 'splint' of some kind to bolster those seedlings' stalks.
they may bend/break from the weight as the leaves develop and it becomes top heavy.
just a stick next to it, with string loosely tied to the stalk, helps alot until the stalks get thick enough to hold the weight.

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 11:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the one one the left and the one on the right had a bend wire ,1-2mm thick for some days to hold em up straight ,now with the lights lowered to 2 feet , they start looking stronger ,the misty should finish at a height of 3-4 ft , so it's a rather quick one ,glad i finished the veg room in time

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 03:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if it were me, i'd still splint them,
it never hurts and can save major headaches down the line.
i used to just stick a yardstick in every bucket and use it like a trellis for the plants to anchor from.
you'll be glad once bud weight gets very high.

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'll seriously take it into consideration , i'll keep an eye on it for a few days , they are starting to look a bit bushier and healthier right now

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the smallest one i put on something so they are at the same height now , that one and another one look bushier than the others , i usually guess what are the girls and the boys , with some strains it is more easily to recognize early but the ones right now is first time , max temp untill now was 37°c ! They take it well , no tips turning brown yet , so it looks fine

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

males tend to be taller even when young
soil depth, the depth of the pot itself plays a vital role in determining sex.
shallow pots produce more males,
deep pots give more females.

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 02:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

an update

misty update

i'm thinking of doing a contest...i don't know yet what to put in for prize , the one that guesses the females inside the 5 plants gets a Idunnoyet (seeds ,print or myc) , anyway still have some time to think it over before they'll show gender

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 11:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i see 2 likely males,
far left and back center.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: