Spore extraction? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Spores, Prints & Syringes Spore extraction? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

phineas freakowtski (Phineas)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fng here! does anyone know if it would be possible to inject a unopened cap with sterile H2O and then extract the spore/flesh mixture with the same syringe? i realize there may not be many spores if any but flesh should work too

nilla (Nilla)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Highly doubtful.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 02:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've never tried but i've met those who claim they've done it.

Miraclet (Miraclet)
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand that Maz. is a good strain to do this with...though, I have never tried it myself..I prefer to let them give up their spores..

Visions (Visions)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 02:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted this maybe a year ago or so....Yes it can be done and it is easy...

1)Get a plastic water bottle...
2)Get a drill and a small bit...
3)Clean the lid and drill bit with alcohol...
4)Drill a very small hole in the plastic lid...
5)Tape the hole in the lid with masking tape...
6)Clean a syringe(I use "One Step Cleaner" bought at restaurant,beer and wine supply...And I use alcohol....First I fill the syringe with alcohol...then I use the directions with the "One Step Cleaner" which is 1 tbls in a galon warm water...I do this in my sink...Yes first I clean the sink bowl....Put in the water then the One Step Cleaner...Toss in the syringe with the alcohol in it...let sit for 10min...take out syringe and squirt out the alcohol...not in the water...now take the syringe and submerge into the water and draw in and plunge the water in and out of the syringe several times to remove the alcohol and to further clean...

7)Take a piece of paper towel and put alcohol on it...

8)Remove the empty syringe from the water and imediately cover with the alcohol wet paper towel...

9)Clean the top of the water bottle with alcohol...

10)Keep the syringe needle covered and poke through the tape and draw in the water...
Keep the needle covered,,,if you cover it with the plastic cover after then dip the plastic cover in alcohol first and shake the plastic cover to remove the alcohol that would stay in the tip...

11)Retape the hole...

12)Now you have a clean syringe with sterile water...
Find a mushroom that is about to have the veil torn...The larger the mushroom cap the easier it will be...

13)You are going to poke between the cap and the veil but first you will need to lightly dab alcohol on the cap and veil where you will poke through (whatever you do don't use H2O2...H2O2 will eat that mushroom!)...
The veil will turn dark but that doesn't matter...

14)Gently poke the needle between the veil and the cap then forcefully plunge the water into the cap and then draw in the liquid...There you have it!...You may not see many spores but you don't need many...You should be able to get 4 or 5 syringes from a cap before you tear the veil apart..
This works well and I have done it many many times!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 02:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
we'll get it this time

phineas freakowtski (Phineas)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Visions. I was trying to figure an easy way to get clean spores from the wild Gulf Coast variety that grows here. I had heard of extraction but wasnt sure if it was practicle to do. Next time I find some baby "sun tops" I'll give it a try.

Visions (Visions)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get your syringes ready to go now, you may not have time to waste when you do find them before the veil breaks

Visions

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: