Smelly honey tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. In Liquid Culture Smelly honey tek Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

oneness (Shroomness)
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 03:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok guys im a newbie but have the basic principles down

i have five strains im working with and i decided to give the honeytek a try it's working but when i was going to make syringes i removed the band (quart jar of one strain)and took the lid off it smelled like rotten eggs however the Myc. is very nice and fluffy and white

is this due to gas build up, contam,ect

i love this place you guys are great

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 03:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It should not smell of rotten eggs.

Marx2k (Marx2k)
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 08:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it may just be the honey fermenting which is ok

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I beg to differ. Fermentation is the result of a yeast contam and it is not OK.

Marx2k (Marx2k)
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weird, I always smelled that from my honey jars and all the innoc's I did came out fine. I thought it was fermentation... weird.

Then what the hell IS that?!

Marx2k (Marx2k)
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, actually.. now I beg to retract my statement... mine didnt smell like rotten eggs but it didnt smell like honey and water... it smelled like... well.. Hm... just leave honey in a jar for a week and see how that smells if you add water to it.