Double End Casing Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive BRF TEK : BRF Cakes. Double End Casing Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Grow Chambers - 1
Double end casing tekPierno FullerScotsman70 8 01-10-02  05:30 pm
Other Casing Teks - 1
How often do you hydrate double ended casing TEKjaredNan18 1 12-11-01  03:51 am
Hongus Tek - 1

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Kevin Smith (Canshroom)
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 11:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard about it a lot, but I'm still not sure what it is. I was reading something in the archives that talked about it, but didn't mention dunking the cake, so am I right to say that the double-ended casing tek is a way to rehydrate the cake for future flushes instead of dunking the cake? Right now I'm growing in an aquarium with perlite humidification and things seem to be going well. For the 2nd and 3rd flushes I plan to dunk the cake for 12 hours. My cakes are now sitting on tin foil without any verm on or under them and I'm getting good growth. Is double-ended casing needed in this kind of set-up? If so, where is a good tek for it?
Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Brettiejams (Brettiejams)
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 11:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Double-end Casing Tek, (above)

Check out these links for more info on the tek.

You are correct that Dunking and the double ended casing tek are both means to rehydrate the mycelium.

But you do not necessarily have to use one instead of the other, although there are those who use each, seperately.

I like to use them both in conjunction with one another.

It's up to you, really.

also see
coir versus verm. casing

addendum: coir makes better DE casing
or just blend coir + verm. for
best of both.