Probiotics Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. Probiotics Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Visions (Visions)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone,,,,here is something to stir around in your brains...

I will try to keep this short...Some of you may be aware that within your digestive system bacteria lives...There is what we would call the good(aerobic bacteria)and bad(anerobic bacteria)...In our bodies these bacteria help or really do most of the breaking down of our foods into molicules that are then passed thru our intestines to be used...For our needs I will only talk about the good bacteria or the anerobic bacteria for this is the majority of the bacteria...This same bacteria takes over your digestion and forms colonies...these colonies block and starve out any other bacterias,molds etc...our bodies also put an enzyme around these bacteria to protect them...These bacteria help keep your ph correct...To much of the bad bacteria will lower your ph and allow infection to pass through or even live off of the food you are eating and make toxic waste further destroying your digestive system...This some of the very basics of digestion...

Now some of you are aware that there are bacterias that work with the mycelium...it's been said that the bacteria isn't needed and it's proven not to be when you sterilize your jars and grow the mycelium...But this doesn't mean it wouldn't be helpful or extremely benificial to use them to keep out the unwanted contams and to help break down the grains so the mycelium can easily use it...

We all know that baterias grow rapidly...Spraying your cakes with these bactera may help keep all the unwanted contams at bay...They will grow rapidly forming colonies to keep out the unwanted contams while at the same time break down the carbohydrates for the mycelium to use...One of the biggest problems with cakes is that even though it looks like the mycelium has eaten all the grains it really hasn't leaving room for the contams to take over....

Right now chicken farms are spraying the chickens with these benificial bacteria and the chickens are more healthy...In nature these bacteria are all over us and our foods...but we have learned to kill everything so we won't get sick but what we are learning is we need these bacteria but since we spray to kill everything we must reintroduce these bacteria back into our diets...

To me this is worth experimenting with but I will leave it up to you guys to do it because I am not growing anymore...It consumed my life for a long while and quite frankly I have all I could ever want...

You can find Probiotics: Live bacteria at any health food store,,,there are many types of bacteria,,,personally I would use a broad spectrum,,,Bulgaricus,Thermophilus,Bifidum,acidophilus and many more

Good luck and have fun!
Visions

Visions (Visions)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Hip,,,will you move this...I didn't mean to make this a subtopic

Thanks!
Visions

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 07:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very interesting idea

not *really* a Jedi (Mycofile)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For related research look for acetone or vodka teks. Psudomonas are a type of bacteria that are associated with pinning with some species of mushrooms. They grow on mostly acetone or alcohols in nature, so incubating a pasteurized substrate (or casing mix) with dilute acetone or vodka will encourage the psudomonas. Few other organisms grow off of acetone, so it's a pretty specific nutrient.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: