Popcorn...BRF Style, has anyone else ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive BRF TEK : BRF Cakes. Popcorn...BRF Style, has anyone else tried this? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 11, 2003Skippy the PirateZap20 1 08-11-03  03:29 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Skippy the Pirate (Skippy)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not gonna dunk the first one, probably use the inner reservoir tek..., if that doesn't do well I'm going to dunk the others when they're ready.
The only thing I see as a problem is that they are already having trouble colonizing because of excess moisture (I removed the tape and flipped them to aid in drying a bit)
I'll bump this thread up again if I have any updates.

-Skip Happy

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 10:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I've waited for 4 days since they both have have been completely colonized and introduced to light for a while every day.
The Myc looks Very thick & healthy. I rolled them in some damp Verm (as per Hippie's suggestion to a fellow Mycotopian) and here they are.
I hope they fruit.
Birth O' Cornflour1
Birth O' Cornflour2

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 12:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking good.
just keep 'em healthy and give them plenty of nice bright light and they will surely fruit when it's time.
be patient, it could still be another week or more.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 01:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How exciting these are the first popcorn cake pictures aren't they?

Can't wait to see if there is much different in the yield. Nice work!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 01:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

first ones i've seen of ground popcorn.
i see the folks over at the nook don't think popcorn fruits well unless it's mixed with something else as spawn.
but i don't really see that.
but i haven't tried pcorn cakes so this should prove informative.

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Latest Update-

Well, 5-Days after birthing and they've both fuzzed up nicely.
AND... We Have Pins!

I'll throw out some pics when they become a bit more mature.

-Skip

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not bad, 30 days from making the jars, to see pins. so far, so good for pcorn cakes.
looking forward to more as this progresses.
thx for sharing.
archive material

Zap (Zap)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 05:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay!, ok i am going to try this but with a little change, 1/2ping jar, 1/2 vermic, 1/6 brown rice, 1/6 corn, 1/4 water.

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I didn't have to wait as long as I thought, I just figured my Crappy Cam wouldn't dig in that far.
Here they are...

Corn Flour Pins

Zap (Zap)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

moe larry and curly? :)

faht (Fahtphish)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice skip! dry verm. will stick to your cakes better than wet verm.

Faht

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Faht, I'll have to try that on one of 'em.

I can't find the thread, but Hippie3 might have just said to "roll them in verm" and I just smeared on what I had in a bowl after birthing them without consideration of how well it was going to stick.

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Update-

At last count there were approximately 50 bead-sized pins that are sort of visible in this pic, a handful of them are ready to shoot up to maturity within a day or two, and this morning there were uncountable micro-sized mini pins.
I think I like this Tek.

Here are some before and after shots...
PcC Before
PcC After

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice they are gonna be beauties :)

Awesome work skippy, to those of us who bought a 50lb back of popcorn and are having trouble with whole grain can be sure they can still make em into PF jars if need be

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 08:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHATS UP FELLAS IMA NEWBIE,BEEN CHECKING OUT THE ARCHIVES ,AND ALL THE OTHER GREAT STUFF ON THIS SITE,I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT,HOW DOES ONE DO THAT TEK,NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE THAT

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 08:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harry turn the caps key off unless you need to YELL at someone... Welcome to Mycotopia!

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 03:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
looking good, skippy.
looking forward to
seeing more as they grow.

welcome to mycotopia, harry.
that's the pf tek in action,
the best way to get started growing.
and yeah, plz turn off the all cap typing.

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 03:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks roc,just starting to feel my way around,you guys are the bestsorry bout the caps guys.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no biggie.

glad to have you here.

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Last Update for this thread-

Here's the final and most important results.
The picture only represents the ones that made it to full maturity. There were alot of aborts that got about half the usual size and quite a few that didn't even reach an inch (these have all been eaten, I love aborts!)
Anyhow, I'm glad that there were positive results with this and positive feedback from you all.

As always....THANK YOU MYCOTOPIA!!!!!!!!!!

PcornFlush#1

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: