Simple Discreet Fruiting Chamber Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Simple Discreet Fruiting Chamber Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

new_shroomin_guynyc (Jay)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK so once again I sit here bored. So I am writing this cool fruiting chamber method i used. Not sure if this is in the archives as simple as this but it's nothing amazing. With that said:

Items Needed:
Storage bin
X-Acto knife or similar hobby knife or sodering iron with blade attachment
Night Light
Electrical tape
Silicone Sealant
1/4 wire mesh
wire cutters
Perlite
Extention Chord
flame source (if using knife)

1. Get your bin and knife or sodering iron and electrical tape.
storage bins hobby knife
Use electrical tape to cover any holes in the storage bin. heat knife or iron.

2. Cut a small square hole slightly larger than the night lights head (the part that holds the bulb) near the top on one of the long sides. This will take several heatings using a blade but if you have the iron it's simpler.
nightlight covered nightlight

3. Squeeze night light through the hole.
bin outside plug bin with nightlight

4. Apply silicone sealant around the base of the entry on the inside.
sealant

5. Let Sealant dry for a day or 2

6. Load about 2 inches of moistened perlite into the bin.
bin with perlite

Using the 1/4 inch wire mesh. make a lifter as pictured below.

wire mesh lifter

7. put lifter in the bottom of the bin and put ur casings in when ready.

without casings with casings

Please use caution when following this tek. Realize that heated blades will burn ur bare hand. Use a rubber grip or insulated gloves to help you with this. This is pretty self contained all you need really is to fan. You can get stronger lights if you want but becareul not to get anything that puts off too much heat.
-Jay

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a blowdryer can be used to heat the plastic before trying to cut it, saves on your fingers too.

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 08:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn you hip. where were you 3 weeks ago when i did exactly that which made me make warning.
-Jay

stevie ray (Gldfsh)
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 09:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A dremmel works really well when cutting bins or plexi!!!!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no doubt,
use a dremel if you have one.
if not, grab the old lady's blow dryer.

thermonuclear (Thermonuclear)
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 12:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you think it's safe to put a lightbulb in such a humid environment?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, i wouldn't touch its' base, nor would i splash water on a hot bulb but it should be ok otherwise as long as it remains intact.

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 07:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah that's one of the reasons i recommend using low wattage bulbs and those that give off very little heat.
-Jay

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: