Grow Room.... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Grow Room.... Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Mushroom Zen (Sno)
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

K, I've created this monsterous grow room for my babies... Need comments/ideas....

pic1
pic2
pic3

There is normal light cycles during the day/night, the humidifier keeps RH @ 65-85%, temps stay around 71-76*F, and theres a HEPA filter on low all the time to circulate and filter the air.

The "shower" curtians on left and right allow access from both sides of the shelving unit. I plan on adding another shelving unit later attached to this one with access on both sides as well.

The totes I mist 2-3 times daily and the log bits are from the dried out logs that I dunked several days ago. The totes are dried logs that I crumbled and cased and have been drowning them in water... =)

Comments/suggestions?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pretty ingenious.
are those logs really pink or is the color off ?

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol they look like a slab of meat.

Never thought about shower curtains!!! Excellent idea.

Bill (Billyboy)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there anything sealing the top?

Shroomzhilla (Shroomzhilla)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you need a room-matejust kidding

Mushroom Zen (Sno)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, the sides and top are just thin painters plastic taped to the pvc poles. The shower curtians have about 2-3in between them and the floor and it's not "air-tight" so as to allow plenty of air flow for the HEPA filter to suck up and recycle.

The logs are not pink... it's just a crappy camera.

The carpet of the entire room is covered in that plastic saran wrap carpet protector crap. You can buy it at lowes and have probably seen in in model homes or something. The room and closet are covered in it. The closet is setup with shelves for incubating the jars.

It's really a good setup but I just wanted to know if the environment variables are good to go or if they need to be tweaked at all... i.e. is this an optimum setup...

Mushroom Zen (Sno)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kick ass shelving 60$
pvc poles and connectors 10$
industrial shower curtians 5$
carpet protector plastic 10$
painters plastic free

all bought from lowes...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

humidity could come up about another 10 points,
temps perhaps a couple but otherwise sounds close enough.

Larry (Stuckntrfk)
Username: Stuckntrfk

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 01:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice setup. I'm thinking I may have to turn a spare bedroom into something similar this weekend.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6994
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 01:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you'll like it once you get it right there's no going back to rubbermaids.

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: