Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Mylar ? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 02, 2003dafunkRoc20 1 08-02-03  01:25 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 01:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, no, I'm the king, of BS and not taking things to seriously. Just a practical joker who has a sick sense of humor. Just joking....I have no idea how to spell ..."I'm a sin-ic at heart".

I think 10 points of view are always better than one. It remains up to the person listening to try what seems valid. Listening to one point of view is rigid, through out the years I've found that taking a little of the best advise from different people and coming up with a hybrid unique answer is best. Never submit to just one style, always keep an open mind, and try new things. The PF tek is great, but PF tek with invitro is to me an even better idea, Roc should be doing tons of jars on the side. Are you really from Rochester? My best friend is from there, nice little city.

As for Leprachaun, I'll trade my indoor grow room for a greenhouse anyday.

I do not live anywhere close enough to a patch, and my friends that do, just ain't smart enough, they'd pick a place, 200 yards away.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 02:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

The PF tek is great, but PF tek with invitro is to me an even better idea,

i'll take that as a compliment
seeing how i pioneered the invitro tek.
btw, it's spelled 'cynic'.
also, hate to be a stickler,
but we ask that people refrain from asking personal info questions
like "Are you really from Rochester?".
it's a safety/security issue,
and conspiracy laws make it for the best
that we don't know where folks are from.

dafunk (Homegrowin)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright, since I started this post, I will put in my two cents. After spening $30 on mylar and another $10 on the tools to hang it, I kinda wish I would have just used the white paint. I still cant get the damn stuff straight and keep it from flapping in the wind. I used welcro and now am gonna go back and try the method Blodwen suggested. ALthough, I will love the mylar if i get it up all straight and wrinkle free

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 12:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opps my bad, I must have missed that in the rules about personal locations. Invitro tek's possibilities never occurred to me until researching Sclerotia for some reason. One could never go dry if you had invitro to back up casings and stick in every crevice. Oh it's a fine tek, if it could be done with hominey, or some other bulk substrate like hominey that could be used for pans or a more potent race than the cubes, that would highly interest me.
I'm a terrible speller and my spell check didn't correct the word I had no clue what so ever.... but you figured it out.
I know how you are hippie, and the teks you've created, I've closely ridden you're coat tails for a while. After a six years of research, and trying different things I've begun to post here. I'm still a little wet behind the ears, here and there.

Now for Dafunk, it's like Hippie and everyone else said, mylar is an option, not a must. If you really think mylar is appropriate for you're situation, then take you're time and be precise when cutting and laying boards, an exacto or utility knife really helps as well.
Even though the diagram is a little off, put the tape closest to edge of the stiff board you are ahearing the mylar too, in order to prevent flapping. If you have questions post, I'll answer.

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 12:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hammered wooden battens onto the wall and hammered the mylar onto those, fastening with wide-headed stud thingies. Total pain in the ass. Never fell down though.

gotwake83 (Homegrowin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 03:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOTE: 3M adhesive spray works wonders with mylar!!!!!!!! It has proven to be the easiest way for me to hang the stuff with no probs

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gotta love that 3m spray glue, i use it for everything.

tom batisch (Goldmedic)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also a thick but affordable mylar can be found at your local wal mart in the camping suplies section sold as a servival blanket I think runs about 5 or 6 bucks

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got tired of using mylar and instead went with styrofoam insulation that has a reflective material on both sides.it's cheap and at home depot.I think it was like 5 dollars for a piece the size of a piece of plywood.it also comes in different thickness' which could help a little if you have a carbon filter and want to muffle the noise a little.easy to put up and does'nt flap with fans blowing on it.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 03:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's a good tip, xochi.
archive material

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: