Hepa glovebox Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Gloveboxes & Flowhoods. Hepa glovebox Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Industrial Love (Machine)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

connection quit on me..try, try again

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

glovebox

hoses

inside

projects

corn

faht (Fahtphish)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice. what kind of cycle are you running with your humidifier?

faht

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
how did you make it ?
what supplies are needed ?
what brand HEPA is that ?

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For this box I used:

1 Sterlite container - $4
1 Holmes Hepa Air Purifier - $30 on clearance
4 feet hose for a water pump $4
1 small sheet of plexiglass $4
1 small sheetmetal - $3

also:
16 1" screws - $1.50
1 tube of clear silicon $2.00
A dremel tool with cutting wheel - Had it
2" hole saw attached to highspeed drill - Had it

Total: Aprox $50.00
tophepa
The vent on top was cut out with a dremel tool. Holes for the hoses where cut in the sheetmetal and the container with the 2" hole saw and then the sheet metal was screwed into place. The holes on the container were cut one on top and one on bottom in opposite corners to at least partially eliminate pockets of air in the box

The hoses were found at a major hardware chain. I believe they are made for swimming pool pumps. The hoses were then screwed into the holes on the sterlite container and the sheet metal on the hepa filter.

plexiglass
The lid was cut out with the dremel tool and 16 screw holes where drilled around the edge. The plexiglass was cut to size and roughed up with sandpaper to give the silicon something to stick to. The lid was also roughed up in this manner. A generous amount of silicon was applied and the plexiglass was tightened into place.

I just use trash bags for gloves since they are cheap and easy to replace. Plus my hands are too big to fit into any sort of glove without a major struggle.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for sharing!
I still need one and may change my mind from the open end trash bag thing taped on a hepa???

Roc

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Faht, Thx..it runs 5 mins every hour and forty mins.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sweet, thx for posting the details.

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 03:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome...glad to have a place like this were ideas can be shared.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 01:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's folks like you, and threads like this, that make this place what it is, the premier site on the web for up-to-the-minute info on shroom cultivation.

stevie ray (Gldfsh)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 05:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am gonna piggyback your thread industrial. Here is another glove box design for people to check out.
GB
GB1

Dung LOver Mush (Poopey666)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 08:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What chemical is best to sterilize the inside of a glove box?

My concern is that fumes from alcohol or Lysol would kill spores that could be used to make microscopic syringes.

Would 200/1 water/bleech work?

Machine (Machine)
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 08:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bleach/h20 is fine. I soak the inside down (don't forget the lid) and wipe dry with paper towels then apply a light mist and let that air dry.

Dung LOver Mush (Poopey666)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 01:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't letting it "air dry" allow contams to re enter, defeating the purpose of bleaching it in the first place.

I just want to know what fumes wont kill spores. I figure that if you do preparation with the fumes still present any contams that flote into your box will be killed.

Machine (Machine)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 03:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No. Not when the air drying it is coming through a hepa filter like in the pics at the top of this thread. The air drying is done with the lid on and the filter running.

Lysol and bleach will both kill spores in high enough concentrations.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 01:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so will alcohol fumes.

fucgubarn fucgubarnov (Fucgubarn)
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 01:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and also bactericidal lamp if you have it

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: