Log q's and tips Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food straw logs.... Log q's and tips Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

mush room (Mr_Mush)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all (hippie and roger rab. esp),
I Just started 6 three footers this weekend and boy are my arms tired:-). I wish i would have started them a couple months ago for the contest but i was a bit late. I have 3 treasure coast, 2 hawaians, and 1 z-strain. These things are sitting in my attic which i have notice speeds growth greatly i am guessing because of the heat but i think it may be too hot. It gets up to about 93-94 degrees at the hottest up there but i have heard 95-96 will kill them and also i heard logs create thier own heat. will they be ok? and, where is a GOOD place to get spore syringes. by good i mean one which doesnt send out contm'd syringes. I am kind of upset because the Penis envy syringe i got from sporebank was trash. Also, making all these gave me some ideas which i tried and work great.

1. Use foodsaver bags!!! they work great if you get the 11" bags in the 18' roll at $9.00 from wally world

2. make a hay clamp. Cut 1 slit with a chainsaw down a 4' section of 2x6. start and end the slit 3-4" from the ends. do this to 2 boards. then nail two 2x2's parallel (5 inches apart) across the width of another section of 2x6 and lay it on the ground with the 2x2's on top. stand the 4' boards up in the gap between the 2x2's and put hay in between. squeeze the boards together and cut down the slit with a sawzall or other saw.

any other tips or answers to my question are greatly appreciated
Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

106*F is the kill point,
so you may be ok in the attic.
not optimum, just ok.
syringes should be stored in a ziplock baggie,
preferably refridgerated or at least kept cool.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: