Go fly a kite! Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food Go fly a kite! Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 06:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got String?

hemp twine a
Here's a good example of the color mycelia turns if it gets too dry. The hemp isn't contaminated. Note the bluing of the string, and the scales on the cap. Lots of primordia forming near the bottom though. It's crying out for a dunk.

Shroomzhilla (Shroomzhilla)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 07:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some times, Rodger, I think you might have mushies growing out of your ears
cool job!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 07:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 07:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still never ceasing to amaze me Skypilot!

sol

foshizzo (Foshizzo)
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 08:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol! you've got too much time on yer hands!

mycos eleusis (Exshroomer)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that's just fucking insane!!!
How did you inoculate that?

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 03:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hemp = good for everything

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 06:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A dunk and a second flush.
hemp 002a

Ron severson (Snwbdr)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 06:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thats sick!!!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is wild.
gotta save for posterity.
archive material

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everybody for NOT asking. . ."approximately how many grams dry can I expect per foot of string"? bty. . .strain is Texan. Gotta love those spots!!!

Sharkie Jones (Rainbowfungus)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 03:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice, how is it done? With mirrors? Just Kidding. Seriously how is it done?Strange

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 05:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

now thats unreal,holy shit!!!lol

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 09:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rodger,
your fan club wants to know how in the hell you pulled this off.
did you soak it in nute solution or ????

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rodger ?

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 09:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, been out of town backpacking for three days....Nope....No nute solution or anything. It's plain old hemp twine from the Army/Navy store, soaked in tap water, then wrapped in foil and pc'd. After cooling, a few kernals of grain spawn were poured down the center of the roll. That's all. Here's another look.
002b

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thx,
inquiring minds wanted to know.

how long did it take to colonize, fruit ?

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a bit slower than casings....Took about a month to colonize and get first pins. Second flush was pinning within two days of coming out of the dunk. The hemp is full of good nutrition for the mycelia. I noticed after two flushes, the string is still at full size, and no damage is apparent where the fruits were picked from. I wonder how many flushes it can do???

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 01:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd be interested to know that, too.
what would you guess the yield weighed so far ?

Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 04:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have no idea on weight. I don't even get the scales out anymore. From the looks of that second flush, I'd say it covered the $3.99 price of the string very well though. The best thing for newbies is nothing to mix or measure. Just soak it in water, pc it, and inoculate. Can't get simpler than that. Lemme pull it off another time or two, and I'll write a simple tek.

Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 04:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should order a syringe and see if the twine can be inoculated that way. That the WOULD make it easy as a newbie tek.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be a good next step.

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 06:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a foaf was supposedly bridge jumping in a river in oregon.and after a day of bridge jumping and hiking het got back home and threw his wet canvas adidas shoes in the closet.
well after forgetting about his wet shoes for about a month he went in his closet and there it was a cubie had grown on his shoe!somehow I guess in the hike he dragged his foot by some spores.well he didn't eat it(I mean it grew from a dirty saugy shoe,would you eat it?).
weird story.but maybe someone could pc.an old canvas shoe (hemp pumas,or adidas I know somebody has an old pair around),and stuff it with pasturized straw .would definitely be a great picture!thought I'd throw this story out there while your on the subject of hemp canvas/twine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: