The Best Smoke Free Ways To Use weed ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana The Best Smoke Free Ways To Use weed (cooking,Teas,Syrup etc...) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

grand (Ball)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 08:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smoking anything is not good for you most people smoke pot however one does not need to smoke pot to enjoy its effects.

Some people claim getting the strongest effects from pot without ever smoking it.

so how do they do it???

Cook the weed up in some brownies or some other type of food that is later eaten.

or

Weed liquer can be made from a simple alcohol extraction & later dranken.

one more example:

Weed syrup as posted in this recipie below.

PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE
* In a small saucepan, heat 2 or 3 tablespoons full of honey on a low flame.
Don't let it start frothing over.
* Grind the herb (1/16 to 1/4 oz ... let your conscience be your guide)
as fine as possible, through a strainer or in a grinder. Dump it into the honey.
* While stirring it around, add a couple of ounces water or vodka. This is important because otherwise the cooked honey will cool into an unmanageable texture. You want liquid. Mystery Person started using vodka after being told that THC is also alchohol soluble. He figured that maybe the longer the finished product sat the stronger it would get.
* Continue cooking over low heat for 30 minutes. Fresh grated ginger or lemon juice can be added for flavor.
* Pour it off into a little jar with a good lid. Cool/store in fridge .
* Start experimenting with dosages at ONE TEASPOON. That's right. Mystery Person says that one teaspoon gives a very mellow, even-keel buzz. It'll really depends on how much herb you used and how strong it is to begin with. Having just made a batch with about an eighth, Mystery Person says that on one teaspoon, you'll find yourself thinking, Goddamn you just might be stoned! On two teaspoons you will know you are stoned. On three teaspoons, everyone else will know you are stoned.

PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE looks like a good tek worth trying. Anyone have any experience with anything like PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE ?

Ending notes:

Brownies are ok they will work but an alcohol extraction & something like PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE will get'cha more bang for the bud.This will also eliminate having to eat burnt brownies or some other odd tasting food.

Weed liquer & something like PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE can also be stored for several weeks maybee even longer.

It seems these liquid type teks use a lot less weed compaired to most cooking teks.

ayeQuestion:

What is a good way to make some weed syrup like PROFESSOR TEE'S MIRACLE TINCTURE or some liquer extraction or any other extraction there is?

The idea of getting a "high" from a few spoonfuls sounds great it also sounds healthy.

Where can some teks be found that use resonable (small) amounts of weed (1/8th ounce to a full ounce).

What are most effective methods (potent) weed cooking, extraction etc..teks?

There is tons of information out there looking for the Top 10??

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 09:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eating it would be extremely efficient if you grow your own, but other than that any regular person couldn't afford to eat the amount needed to feel effects. I don't think a bowl pack worth of weed would be felt if taken orally, as its a very small amount of weed.

Now if it were legal we would all be getting healthily high.

grand (Ball)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 10:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If a regular person has an upcoming trip to a location where weed is in fact legal how while there can they get the most from the weed without ruining it by way of cooking, extractions etc...

Fats such as butter seem to hold the key to some potant weed potion.

grand (Ball)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 10:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-----Eating it would be extremely efficient if you grow your own, but other than that any regular person couldn't afford to eat the amount needed to feel effects. I don't think a bowl pack worth of weed would be felt if taken orally, as its a very small amount of weed.-------

Dunno what your talkin bout pal the only mention of any type of weed amount was 1/4 ounce (quarter ounce 7 grams) to a full ounce (4 quarters, 28 grams) The smallest amount mentioned (7 grams) is a good number of bowl packs that add up to something to cook with or make butter.

Not many folks pack 7 gram bowls boss!

Back to the main question:

Where can one find the very best (most effective)way to make a weed extration such as butter or another type of potent weed "solution"?

What method has the best results with little or no chance of errors?

Could anyone post a nice clean neat simple effective method for a treat made from weed? (most bang for the bud)

The idea tek would produce an extraemly potent liquid or syrup!

grand (Ball)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 11:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Bad:"(1/8th ounce to a full ounce)". The lowest amount of weed mentioned was an eigth (3.5 grams) to an ounce ( 28grams).

Clearley with all cooking & extrations the more weed you use the better the product.

Eating weed produces a "high" that lasts a day sometimes a day & night in other words it lasts a real long time its like a weed trip some say keeps'em sky high all day.

smoking pot gets you high for like an hour or two then it starts to wear of and you have to smoke more.

when you eat weed its like smoking weed all day long without having to smoke multiple times to stay high from dusk till dawn you just stay high from what I've herd when you eat weed.

"It's a very differnt, very good high" as mentioned by one jig.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 11:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

preparation of bhang lassi

With the weekend coming up, you might find use for this recipe for bhang from Flavors of India by Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff.

2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar
Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy.

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

a report on the effects i've found :

A very nice person recently made some Bhang Lassi for me. I drank two cups, which in total contained the extract of nearly 1/8 of an ounce of high-grade cannabis. Very tasty! I would drink this stuff even if it were not psychoactive.

Within an hour I was extremely high. I could "taste" the pot, garam masala, rosewater, and other ingredients at every level of my being. Kind of psychedelic, in its own way. Very heady and introspective, perhaps there are different metabolites of THC when taken orally? I don't know.

This is a very, very nice way to ingest cannabis. I cannot say enough good things about it. A special batch of garam masala was prepared for this recipe, omitting cumin, but the reader probably has their own taste for such things.

I went to sleep that night feeling quite content, with the pleasant feeling of Indian spices in my head. If you drink bhang, prepare to get VERY high, and make sure you are somewhere with a nice comfy surface you can collapse on. I would hate to have to drive home on this stuff.

Highly recommended, I want to make a full or double recipe some time and have a bhang party. If cannabis becomes legal, I suspect that bhang will become as ubiquitous as beer. I definitely explored the upper comfortable limits of THC intoxication, however-- I could see how it would be possible to get "too high" if you drank too much.

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when i was in Crete last year
i had an oz to do me 2 weeks
some may say this is a lot
and it is
the way i ended up doing my
hash was crushing it and putting
enough for a few joints into
a little yougart type sweet
then eating
the way the high creeps up on you
was nice

Mushroom Zen (Sno)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could it be placed in honey like mushies for a few months to enjoy a later sweet snack?

mindless vesscular (Mindless)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my grandma was telling me that when she was living in the eastern block she would put as much grass as she could into a large reusable teaball, find a small pot and pour in enough water to cover it. then she would add a stick of butter, put a lid on the pot and let it boil/simmer for about an hour. then she would remove the teaball and pour the water/butter mix into a gravy separator thingie, and let it sit and cool down for a hour or two, sometimes adding ice. when all the butter floated to the top, but still wasnt yet solid, she would be able to drain off the water and use the butter in making one of her classic desserts.

she always told me about 5 grams of some decent stuff (depending on taste) worked great for making about 2 dozen snacks.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grand, I just meant the number of highs you get out of eating is far less than smoking it. I know I can't afford to get high only 4 times from a quarter.

Pskovinsky (Pskovinsky)
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know for a fact that if you toss a bowl worth of (good) bud into some butter and fry it up, then put the resulting NASTY tasteing mass on/in something(i used toast and recommend against it) on an emptyish stomach it'll get you quite high, just as high as smoking it in my opinion. It tastes like crap, but it works. If you've eaten(or are eating) a heavy meal (pasta or something high in carbs) it won't be as effective.

The best way in my opinion is a vaporizer, it vaporizes the THC without actually burning anything, so there isn't any(toxic) irritating smoke, and much less smell. You really can just barely feel it, if you were to run the vaporizer through a bong you wouldn't be able to feel a single thing, which isn't always good, as you have no idea how much you just smoked....

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite way to eat weed is very simple: measure out about twicw as much as I would smoke to get high, stir it into the smallest volume of peanut butter which will hold it, put it in the oven at 350 for about 12 minutes, and eat it on an empty stomach. I like the way it comes on gradually like tripping.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 05:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the best way i've found is to :
first, clean and grind then wash the weed.
thc is not water-soluable but the plant starches, sugars, chlorophyll, etc. are.
a good pre-wash will remove most of the bitterness associated with oral weed.
just submerge weed 24 hours and pour off the dank water the next day. the thc will remain on the weed.
next, place the weed in a pot and cover with more fresh water and bring to a boil.
add enough butter to coat the weed well, a 4 ounce stick per 1/4 ounce of weed is plenty.
boil the butter-laced weed on low heat 1-2 hours.
remove from heat and let it cool.
as it cools, the butter-oil will rise to the top.
let it.
once it cools down a bit, place it, undisturbed in the fridge and let it cool until the butter hardens.
scrape all the butter off, saving it, then repeat the process if you really want all the thc or otherwise just toss it, there's not much left in it.
next, take your green butter and use it to make fudge.
i say fudge because fudge uses a lot of butter, way more than almost any other confection.
it will taste great and send your head into orbit if you used enough weed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: