Spent Casing, Outdoor bed.. Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Misc Teks & Questions Spent Casing, Outdoor bed.. Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Miraclet (Miraclet)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 05:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dunnoyet, Ridder, and I thought this would be something a few might be interested in, so I decided to go ahead and take a few pics of the process I use..I make my beds away from my home, and in wooded areas..I've noticed from my walks, that the biggest majority of wild mushrooms grow within a fifteen foot section right where fields meet wooded areas..There are a larger veriety, and more of them in these areas..So I always choose spots like this to make beds..

This is a smaller bed, about 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 feet.I dig out the area several inches deep..As you can see, my partner Tip was there to help(she wanted her face to be kept out of the shot, just incase)Ha!Pic #1

I then take compost, and spread over the entire area..Pic #2

Then the spent casing, which was scraped clean, and spread it throughout the bed..Pic #3Pic #4

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, look forward to this as a future class at #Mycology 101 online! :)

Miraclet (Miraclet)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 05:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then I spread more compost over the top, water it just a bit, and I take a handful of these babies...(Horse shit, thats sat, and completely dried out..Pic #5

I crumple this over the entire bed..Pic #6Pic #7

The crumpled, aged horse pie, when broken up works great to hold moisture, and add nutrients..

Last thing I do is cover the bed to keep it on the down low, just in case, and always take different routes so a path doesn't form..Pic #8

As time passes, I'll update with pics of progress..Simple, and a great way to get everything from spent casings..

MT

Miraclet (Miraclet)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ment to take pics when I went back to this bed, but it was early morning, and my bum foot decided I'd just pick and get...

These we're just the ones popped up right away, mycel is still engulfing that bed, and I believe I'll get one awesome flush out of it after a good rain..

Small ones the size of a lighter, big ones...well, if you we're eating freshie's, one would do..

PE outdoor bed

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool MT.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pictorial
archive material to outdoor grows

Miraclet (Miraclet)
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 09:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that PE bed is now finally ready to really flush out..The compost is totally engulfed by mycel. growth, and it's starting to fruit out...PE1PE2PE3PE4PE5

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking great

drugiedugie (Dugzup)
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats great work MT ! Very encouraging.
still no email reply tho ? whats up with that?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice, mt.
your PE outdoors doesn't look so penis-like.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: